FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Estel

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.102b

Postby Estel » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:22 pm

MightyKebab wrote:I'd laugh out loud if you could have intimacy with your human crewmember, resulting in you to spend quite some time that the rebel fleet starts to catch up on you

Why only human crewmember? I'm pretty sure that Mantises and Rockman's would allow fueling [strike]pathetic male fantasies[/strike] imagination, too ;)

MightyKebab wrote:A lot of times, The anti-system augments really disturb you and frustrate you in combat. I suggest that there should be a way to counter this, apart from Lv3 oxygen agains't irradiators. For example, An automated re-loader could be used as a blue text event response to prevent your weapons from being hacked, A drone reactor booster/It's new name could be used to prevent your drone bay from being hacked and the Reverse Ion Field could be, well, you guessed it, to deflect Ion Fields disabling a bar of your shield.

While Sleeper already confirmed it, I would like such useful additional effects added to least used augments (not popular ones, like automatic reloader). Like, there are some that are insta-sold for 99% of player (FTL booster/jammer) - after some renaming, it would work nicely as protecting engines, in addition to base effect.

Cheers,
/Estel
stickthemantis

Postby stickthemantis » Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:09 pm

Sleeper Service wrote: Dealing damage to enemies via events is still not possible. I don't like it that the most brutish maneuver (ramming) does the same thing as the most sophisticated tech (hacking). I really think ramming should deal damage, maybe that becomes possible with AE.

I guess it could be possible if you make two versions of the ship, one normal and one with less hull, however it will be some work if it could be used on any enemy, but I am no modder so I cant tell for sure.

Also could you make advanced battle system a part of this mod, I use that mod all the time.
I'm Cyberboy2000, known as a modder and community leader of Invisible Inc.
I'm using this old account because I've been unable to get any verification email for a new account. Help with changing my name would be appreciated.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:46 pm

stickthemantis wrote:Also could you make advanced battle system a part of this mod, I use that mod all the time.

You can just use it alongside, should cause no problems.

Estel wrote:While Sleeper already confirmed it, I would like such useful additional effects added to least used augments (not popular ones, like automatic reloader). Like, there are some that are insta-sold for 99% of player (FTL booster/jammer) - after some renaming, it would work nicely as protecting engines, in addition to base effect.

There was no other augment that really interacts with your weapons and jamming to this system probably has the most profound impact. The other resistance effects are all applied by more specialized augments. FTL Booster will likely become the thing that lets you resist smog clouds at last...
Mr. Mister

Postby Mr. Mister » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:55 pm

Plus, there's always the vanilla events where, instead of using a combat augment, the enemy instead uploads a computer virus that partially disables a system of yours (shields, weapons, engines). Those should not be resisted by the resist augments, as they are of a different nature (think of it like the enemy using an internal effector).

Also, this might be just personal taste, but one small thing: I think that the Heavy Laser Defense drones should have its models echanged between them. Currently, while MkII's cannon looks a little bigger, it essentially has less lights and stuff than MkI.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:19 am

NEW ADVANCED EDITION ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!! :D :D :D
http://www.ftlgame.com/?page_id=106

As far as CE is concerned...
It looks like the CE Clone Bay may become obsolete since Cloning is being added as a system. However, the CE Clone Bay allows you to make new crew members while the AE one allows you to revive current crew members who have died. So maybe it will just have to be renamed or the explanation of how the aug works expanded on yo make it more distinct from the Clone Bay.
I'm happy about the new system because that is the way I wanted Cloning to work. It could lead to very interesting play styles with heavy boarder based ships. A mantis ship with a Clone Bay really fits the lore well.

The system limits for each player ship will remain the same, with only 8 systems installed at one time. You will have to prioritize which systems you feel work best for your current strategy, and mixing and matching the new and the old creates a lot of fun combinations.

Previously unannounced, the Clone Bay is an alternative to the Medbay. Whenever a crew member dies, a clone is generated to replace them at the cost of losing some of their skills. Without the Medbay, your crew will not be able to heal in the traditional way, although the Clone Bay will heal all crew slightly every jump. All Type C ships will come installed with a Clone Bay, or you can replace your Medbay from stores for a cost.

The goal of the Clone Bay was to really disrupt the core way you play the game. You’ll be able to send crew off into dangerous situations without fear of death. Giant alien spiders will no longer be the terrifying, unstoppable force that you’re used to, since the system can simply revive your crew after the event. :lol: But, if a stray missile takes out the system mid-clone, you’ll find death can still be quite permanent. And you probably shouldn’t let your crew ponder too long on the fate of their previous iterations.

Also, a thing I am happy about is that the new Hacking system does NOT seem like it will make the current CE augments or Effectors obsolete. It is quite unique in the way it works so the CE augments and weapons will still retain their usefulness. The hacking system requires a drone part and a system room, but can hack multiple systems in very helpful ways. The CE augments require an augment slot, but no drone part and permanently affects a specific system. Effectors will still be useful as fancy ion "bombs".

At the cost of a drone part, the system allows you to launch a hacking drone that attaches to a chosen system on the enemy vessel. As a passive effect, that system’s doors will be blocked (delaying enemy crew) and you’ll be granted detailed vision of that system. You’ll also then be able to initiate a hacking pulse which affects each system slightly differently. Some examples:

Weapons: The current charge status of the weapon will drain, delaying the weapons from firing.
Shields: The shields will drain, giving you a brief moment to get your shots in.
Drones: All currently active drones will be stunned for the duration of the pulse with a chance of being destroyed.
Teleporter: Immediately force enemy boarders to teleport back to their own ship.

The different uses against different systems, along with the passive obstruction of doors, opens up a multitude of exciting tactical options.

Lastly, I am excited about the new Mind Control system. I am beginning to see its usefulness for blue options. I can think of some pretty hilarious uses. Slugs, as we all may have guessed, are immune to the effects of mind control. This makes them more useful as boarding crew now. I personally think Zoltan should be immune to the effects of mind control too though, because they are also telepathic.

The Mind Control system temporarily turns a single enemy into an ally. Upgrading the system will increase the duration of the control as well as providing a health and combat boost to your new minion. You’ll be able to make a boarder temporarily man the weapon system, cause in-fighting on the enemy ship, or lock your teleporter onto your new ally to teleport him into an airless room back on your ship. The caveat is that Mind Control requires vision of the crew to activate, and the telepathic Slugs are immune to its ability, making nebulae a dangerous choice for those who rely on it.

Some of this new info might inspire you to creat new crew conversation text or adjust some of the old text to fit this new information. ;) I like all the references to the AE you put in the Captains Edition, they put a big smile on my face. :D
Last edited by Russian Rockman on Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:21 pm

Ciurrioc wrote:Man that is awesome lol, the clone bay is definitely something I could see the mantis using with extreme prejudice. those "troopships" terrify me now lol

Woah, it never really considered the fact that enemies can use these things too!!! :o Better take out the damn clone bay if you see one on a Mantis ship I guess. The hacking system could get annoying as well.

They may not want to, but I would like to see them change up some of the Vanilla ships with AE gear. I don't want the Type C's to be the only ones with the new systems. Also, I wonder if having new ships means more achievements?

P.S. Speaking of achievements. I just found the Zoltan thing Sleeper ;) Would it be possible to have some CE "achievements" that reward you with like a small scrap reward? I think that would be fun. You could make up your own or have people suggest some here. They would probably have to all be event based.
Last edited by Russian Rockman on Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Delphi

Postby Delphi » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:01 pm

Yeah, I also just found a certain Event, that rewards 1000 Scrap :D Am I glad that I bought that mantis in the last sector... But to be honest, it was a walk in the park after getting a god damn weapon pre igniter of all things in sector 1, for a special Zoltan surrender option... It was a great idea to implement this :)
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:45 pm

Delphi wrote:Yeah, I also just found a certain Event, that rewards 1000 Scrap :D Am I glad that I bought that mantis in the last sector... But to be honest, it was a walk in the park after getting a god damn weapon pre igniter of all things in sector 1, for a special Zoltan surrender option... It was a great idea to implement this :)

It would be great if each faction could have its own special ending. I'm not creative enough to come up with all those though... :roll:

Someone hypothesized that the Engi are secretly plotting to destroy the Federation based on the fact that Turzil is the one who sends you on the final suicide mission and the fact that they have a treaty with the Rebels etc... While I personally think this is total BS, wouldn't it be interesting to have a good and bad Engi ending? Or other such things for other factions. The boss should also be more diversified than it currently is and Sleeper has done everything in his power to make it that way. If they did these things the game would be even that much better, because currently the only downside is that you know what's coming. If the Boss threw different things at you each time you would be constantly thinking about that during your run trying to make a load out capable of handling pretty much anything.
Last edited by Russian Rockman on Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:19 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:17 pm

Ciurrioc wrote:Is it possible to have the game call up different boss types in the final Sector? two more should be enough as that's 9 stages right there.

No it's not possible. You can do certain things with events and that is it. The Boss will never be able to use different weapons or tactics, which is disappointing, but we must accept it. I'm hoping the AE makes it slightly easier to add things to the Boss.
It may be possible with the addition of the possibility to fight more than 1 ship per beacon because I heard somewhere that they were implementing that.

Also the Zoltan event got me thinking of a possibility for an event where you have to mediate a conflict, but can't attack either, like the opposite of the Mantises vs Slugs, maybe like Engi vs Zoltan even though they shouldn't be fighting or a Engi vs Rebel since they're supposed to have a ceasefire treaty at least in Engi territory I think. It would just be interesting to have to talk both of them down without fighting them. Again, somebody who's a more creative writer could do this or somebody with more free time than me :( .

EDIT: Since we were talking about "achievements" just recently I can actually think of a few...
Killing your mutinous crew with a drone. (You've failed me for the last time :lol: )
(I hope in AE there's an achievement for using the Battery subsystem called "Unlimited Power")
(And one for the Mind Control called "These are not the Droids you're looking for" :P )
Getting drunk after having the maximum amount of drinks. (Tofu Smoothie Anonymous)
Other funny ones like that.
Selling the least or most valuable trade good at a store without a blue option. (Bad Businessman)
Getting betrayed by an AI ship after accepting its surrender (Heart of Gold?/Does not Compute?)
Surrendering to a Slug and getting betrayed (Truly Desperate)
Some that have to do with getting certain crew conversations or completing quests from your crew.
The one somebody suggested earlier about having intimacy with your crew member could have an achievement associated with it referencing Kirk or Sheppard (Mass Effect or Stargate) if it was implemented
Simply being attacked by the Auto-Terminator is worthy of an achievement. (Won't Be Back?)
Producing a 2nd layer of Rock plating or Titanium system casing or other engineering options only possible in CE. (Juggernaut)
Unlocking the Crystal in the new alternative way. (Close Encounters, get it)
Buying one of the unique weapons from the Slug arms dealer. (Shopaholic/Can't Say No)

Did I make anyone chuckle? Even a little bit?... :?

And other things along those lines. Most of them as you can see are things that are not likely repeatable twice in one run and are unique to CE. All of these could reward you with a token amount of scrap like 10 scrap and have a non-immersion breaking notification after the text [Congratulations you unlocked the (unique and funny name) achievement for the Captain's Edition. You earned 10 scrap]. Or maybe it could be more scrap for really hard ones like the Crystal one.

This would actually be quite a good thing because it would encourage people to do things they may not normally do just to get the tiny amount of scrap+the satisfaction. Or they could just alleviate the sting from some things that have just really bad outcomes There are many possibilities for these types of things in CE, all of them should encourage some kind of behavior that would normally never be done or never be repeated.
engi

Postby engi » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:44 pm

Russian Rockman wrote:
Ciurrioc wrote:Is it possible to have the game call up different boss types in the final Sector? two more should be enough as that's 9 stages right there.

No it's not possible. You can do certain things with events and that is it. The Boss will never be able to use different weapons or tactics, which is disappointing, but we must accept it. I'm hoping the AE makes it slightly easier to add things to the Boss.
It may be possible with the addition of the possibility to fight more than 1 ship per beacon because I heard somewhere that they were implementing that.

Also the Zoltan event got me thinking of a possibility for an event where you have to mediate a conflict, but can't attack either, like the opposite of the Mantises vs Slugs, maybe like Engi vs Zoltan even though they shouldn't be fighting or a Engi vs Rebel since they're supposed to have a ceasefire treaty at least in Engi territory I think. It would just be interesting to have to talk both of them down without fighting them. Again, somebody who's a more creative writer could do this or somebody with more free time than me :( .

EDIT: Since we were talking about "achievements" just recently I can actually think of a few...
Killing your mutinous crew with a drone. (You've failed me for the last time :lol: )
(I hope in AE there's an achievement for using the Battery subsystem called "Unlimited Power")
(And one for the Mind Control called "These are not the Droids you're looking for" :P )
Getting drunk after having the maximum amount of drinks. (Tofu Smoothie Anonymous)
Other funny ones like that.
Selling the least or most valuable trade good at a store without a blue option. (Bad Businessman)
Getting betrayed by an AI ship after accepting its surrender (Heart of Gold?/Does not Compute?)
Surrendering to a Slug and getting betrayed (Truly Desperate)
Some that have to do with getting certain crew conversations or completing quests from your crew.
The one somebody suggested earlier about having intimacy with your crew member could have an achievement associated with it referencing Kirk or Sheppard (Mass Effect or Stargate) if it was implemented
Simply being attacked by the Auto-Terminator is worthy of an achievement. (Won't Be Back?)
Producing a 2nd layer of Rock plating or Titanium system casing or other engineering options only possible in CE. (Juggernaut)
Unlocking the Crystal in the new alternative way. (Close Encounters, get it)
Buying one of the unique weapons from the Slug arms dealer. (Shopaholic/Can't Say No)

Did I make anyone chuckle? Even a little bit?... :?

And other things along those lines. Most of them as you can see are things that are not likely repeatable twice in one run and are unique to CE. All of these could reward you with a token amount of scrap like 10 scrap and have a non-immersion breaking notification after the text [Congratulations you unlocked the (unique and funny name) achievement for the Captain's Edition. You earned 10 scrap]. Or maybe it could be more scrap for really hard ones like the Crystal one.

This would actually be quite a good thing because it would encourage people to do things they may not normally do just to get the tiny amount of scrap+the satisfaction. Or they could just alleviate the sting from some things that have just really bad outcomes There are many possibilities for these types of things in CE, all of them should encourage some kind of behavior that would normally never be done or never be repeated.

Auto-TERMINATOR i see what you did there :lol: