FederationOfficer

Re: FTL Captains Edition: Call for Events/Textlists

Postby FederationOfficer » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:09 am

A Possible Zoltan Wiseman Event Or Textlist

You Encountered The Wisman
(Best i could replicate off of memory)

1a) Pick a opponent to fight

1b) bribe him to leave you alone

1c)(Zoltan needed) "Allow me to convince him to be peaceful." (Risk 1) Possible random fight Text: "You Zoltan were always so annoying with your talk of peace when there is only war!" A fight is on our hands. Reward: A Random Fight

(Risk 2) Possible the wiseman implodes (explodes if you want) Text: "Grrrr..... Just leave me Alone!!!!" As he finished say that he implodes nearly hitting your FTL Drive and killing your crew entirely! Reward: NOTHING SUCKER

(Risk 3) Possible you get a random reward like a crew member or weapons or scrap and fuel Text: "....... Why was i so blind and so foolish!" He (or She if there is a female Zoltan) Exclaims " I should apologize and give you a reward for making one so foolish and murderous turn to the light of apologies..." Reward: Crew, or Scrap + Fuel, or A Good Weapon

1d)(Slug Needed) " I Shall See To It That This Old Man Leaves Us All Alone"
2a) You Question Your Slug On How He May Do It And You Say
3a) If his mind is weak persuade him to give us the greatest of riches (Risk 1) He May Not And May Summon A Enemy To Fight.
(Risk 2) "Sure i shall give you this to aid you on your journey" You thank your slug on how he managed to do it Reward Low Chance High Scrap And Fuel Maybe Drone Parts and Missiles
3b) Just Make Him Leave Us Alone Reward: NOTHING JUST A WAY OUT OF IT
English Narwhal

Postby English Narwhal » Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:10 pm

FederationOfficer wrote:A Possible Zoltan Wiseman Event Or Textlist

You Encountered The Wisman
(Best i could replicate off of memory)

1a) Pick a opponent to fight

1b) bribe him to leave you alone

1c)(Zoltan needed) "Allow me to convince him to be peaceful." (Risk 1) Possible random fight Text: "You Zoltan were always so annoying with your talk of peace when there is only war!" A fight is on our hands. Reward: A Random Fight

(Risk 2) Possible the wiseman implodes (explodes if you want) Text: "Grrrr..... Just leave me Alone!!!!" As he finished say that he implodes nearly hitting your FTL Drive and killing your crew entirely! Reward: NOTHING SUCKER

(Risk 3) Possible you get a random reward like a crew member or weapons or scrap and fuel Text: "....... Why was i so blind and so foolish!" He (or She if there is a female Zoltan) Exclaims " I should apologize and give you a reward for making one so foolish and murderous turn to the light of apologies..." Reward: Crew, or Scrap + Fuel, or A Good Weapon

1d)(Slug Needed) " I Shall See To It That This Old Man Leaves Us All Alone"
2a) You Question Your Slug On How He May Do It And You Say
3a) If his mind is weak persuade him to give us the greatest of riches (Risk 1) He May Not And May Summon A Enemy To Fight.
(Risk 2) "Sure i shall give you this to aid you on your journey" You thank your slug on how he managed to do it Reward Low Chance High Scrap And Fuel Maybe Drone Parts and Missiles
3b) Just Make Him Leave Us Alone Reward: NOTHING JUST A WAY OUT OF IT

You Don't Need To Capitalize Every Word.
In addition, I don't think an event that murders your entire crew makes sense.
Pudgesicle

Postby Pudgesicle » Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:27 pm

Another idea, but again not for an event but another drone.

It would be a combat drone that fires 'dummy' projectiles that do no damage, pierce no shields or anything at all.
This drone would fire a lot of them though, so if you're a missile based ship (cough bulwark cough) and find yourself against an enemy with a defense drone of some kind, you could use the drone to distract the defense drone, leaving the enemy ship open for missile attacks.

One problem that I can see with the dummy missile drone is drone based enemy ships could end up having no way of dealing damage if they manage to get more than one of the drones in their arsenal.
Got 99 problems but a breach ain't one.
Pudgesicle

Postby Pudgesicle » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:44 pm

Hmm... if instead of a drone you make it a weapon, it would be better if it was a multishot slow recharging one than a fast recharging (like one second cooldown) one shot dummy missile launcher. If it were the latter then anyone manning the weapons would be able to grind experience like nobody's business.
Pudgesicle

Postby Pudgesicle » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:20 am

Last idea, probably not as feasible as the other ones.

The best moment I've had in this game was when my rock ship had the option of ramming the ship of some mantis rock hunters. The rock plating protected my ship while crippling their engines and leaving them sitting ducks.

If I had the option to ram an enemy ship with my own, let's say with a half dead crew and a destroyed weapons system against a crippled third stage rebel mothership, that would be the hypest thing ever since sliced space bread.

I'm assuming it would be really hard to put that option into the game where you could ram a ship in the middle of combat, so I'm not going to ask you to do that. It would be easier to add some more blue options at the start of combat (or when you get the message that they're trying to charge their ftl or blow them selves up, or both) where you could ram their ship.

This would obviously do some set or random amount of hull damage, and maybe damage or disable a random system in your ship. Their ship would likely suffer the same.

If you miss their ship or they evade (maybe depends if you're fighting a space station or a nimble rebel auto-scout), you would take hull damage from their weapons since you made yourself an easier target. The enemy would then keep its distance from you, preventing any other ramming attempts.

If you had the rock plating or zoltan shield augment (or some other one, like the titanium casing from the stealth ship) you would have a smaller chance of taking damage and maybe not have any system damage.

I know this is a lot to ask, but that would be so cool.
MightyKebab

Postby MightyKebab » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:32 pm

Pudgesicle wrote:Last idea, probably not as feasible as the other ones.

The best moment I've had in this game was when my rock ship had the option of ramming the ship of some mantis rock hunters. The rock plating protected my ship while crippling their engines and leaving them sitting ducks.

If I had the option to ram an enemy ship with my own, let's say with a half dead crew and a destroyed weapons system against a crippled third stage rebel mothership, that would be the hypest thing ever since sliced space bread.

I'm assuming it would be really hard to put that option into the game where you could ram a ship in the middle of combat, so I'm not going to ask you to do that. It would be easier to add some more blue options at the start of combat (or when you get the message that they're trying to charge their ftl or blow them selves up, or both) where you could ram their ship.

This would obviously do some set or random amount of hull damage, and maybe damage or disable a random system in your ship. Their ship would likely suffer the same.

If you miss their ship or they evade (maybe depends if you're fighting a space station or a nimble rebel auto-scout), you would take hull damage from their weapons since you made yourself an easier target. The enemy would then keep its distance from you, preventing any other ramming attempts.

If you had the rock plating or zoltan shield augment (or some other one, like the titanium casing from the stealth ship) you would have a smaller chance of taking damage and maybe not have any system damage.

I know this is a lot to ask, but that would be so cool.

Great idea! The augment could be used to ram enemies who you have the option to attack, instead of an insta-fight. It would disable their engines/a random system if possible and take away 3 HP from your hull. I'm sure that's possible to code in game. (Of course, battle stations and zoltan ships would be excluded from the ram)
r2d2go

Postby r2d2go » Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:46 am

Mantis Sparring:

Found in Mantis Controlled Sector and Mantis Homeworlds

You are hailed by a small Mantis ship. Normally, you would immediately charge weapons, but their message doesn't seem immediately threatening and a quick scan reveals minimal weaponry.

"Greetings, meat bags. You have entered sacred Mantis sparring grounds. Have your crew fight our champion and you will be rewarded. Refuse and you will die."

1. Draw straws to see which crewmember you send.

-x5: Your crewmember fights well, but the Mantis are a warrior race. Even though they say this is sparring, a slice from the Mantis champion's claw nearly cuts your crewmember in half. They teleport him back, saying "You meatbags are far too squishy. That fight is hardly worth a pittance." (gain a low amount of scrap)

--1. Bring your crewmember into your medbay:
---You try to stem the flow of blood, but your crewmember is just too heavily injured. The Mantis do offer to bury him, saying this has happened before. What a waste. (lose 1 random crewmember)
---You manage to stem the flow of blood just in time, and your crew is saved! The Mantis champion laughs, and says "Impressive... usually, I can cut you meatbags in two. Here, I suppose that was worth something." (gain a low amount of scrap)

--2. (Blue) Bring your crewmember into your advanced medbay (Level 2+):
---Your fast response and advanced medbay let you quickly patch up your crewmember. The Mantis champion laughs, and says "Impressive... usually, I can cut you meatbags in two. Here, I suppose that was worth something." (gain a low amount of scrap)

-x1: Amazingly, your crewmember manages to get in a lucky shot and knock out the Mantis champion. A collective gasp runs through the audience, and they hail you again: "Your crewmember is indeed mighty. Perhaps you would be willing to part with him?"

--1. Let your crewmember go with the Mantis. (medium amount of scrap plus a random weapon listed)
---"Excellent... You will make a wonderful new champion!"

--2. Take your crewmember back.
---"It's a shame... Oh well, the prize is yours." (Gain a medium amount of scrap)

2. (Blue). Send your Mantis crewmember over.

-Your Mantis crewmember fights well, but is bested in the end. They teleport him back, saying "Even for one of us, he fights well. You will be rewarded." (Gain a medium amount of scrap)

-Your Mantis crewmember gets in a few solid hits, and manages to knock out the champion. They teleport him back, saying "It is only expected that one of us can defeat another, with some luck. Still, the reward is yours." (Gain a high amount of scrap)

3. (Blue). Send your Rock crewmember over.

-The Mantis are amazed as their champion's claw glances off your Rock crewmember's stony skin. He finishes the Mantis with a powerful punch, and they teleport him back, saying "A mighty warrior indeed. The reward is yours." (Gain a high amount of scrap)

4. (Blue). Send your Crystal crewmember over.

-The Mantis are amazed as their champion's claw glances off your Crystal crewmember's crystalline skin. He flings crystal left and right, and finally the champion fails to dodge one. They teleport him back, saying "We have never seen such a warrior. Please, take this." (Gain a high amount of scrap)
NonPlayableYoshi

Postby NonPlayableYoshi » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:42 pm

(found in any Civilian zone) (found in sector 1-3)

If you want to use this idea just PM me and ill give you everything you need to add the ship i want used for this

You find a small Mantis ship. "Hello, how are you?"

1. Not bad
"Well my name is Ace. Need help with anything?"
-1.We need some crew. want to join us?
"Well i'm not giving up my ship, sorry"
--1.If you dock it we can get it later
Reward:New Mantis crew named Ace
--2.Wait for the FTL to charge
Reward:Nothing

-2.We need some fuel
"Ok I don't need this much anyway"
Reward:5 fuel
-3.We need some Missiles
"Ok I don't need them anyway"
Reward:5 missiles
-4.We need some Drone parts
Reward:5 drones

2.Wait for the FTL to charge

3.Power up your weapons
"Hey now i'm not looking for a fight. power your weapons down lets talk this out"

-1.Power down weapons
"My name is Ace. Need help with anything?"
--1.We need some crew. want to join us?
"After what you just did? I don't think do pal."
--2.We need some fuel
"I can spare some"
Reward:2 fuel
--3.We need some Missiles
"I can spare some"
Reward:2 missiles
--4.We need some Drone parts
"I can spare some"
Reward:1 drones

-2.Fight him
-Reward:Fight the ship *Enemy ship powers up FTL to get away*
Captain Ace's Journey
This is the story of Ace the mantis.
English Narwhal

Postby English Narwhal » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:17 pm

NonPlayableYoshi wrote:(found in any Civilian zone) (found in sector 1-3)

If you want to use this idea just PM me and ill give you everything you need to add the ship i want used for this

You find a small Mantis ship. "Hello, how are you?"

1. Not bad
"Well my name is Ace. Need help with anything?"
-1.We need some crew. want to join us?
"Well i'm not giving up my ship, sorry"
--1.If you dock it we can get it later
Reward:New Mantis crew named Ace
--2.Wait for the FTL to charge

-2.We need some fuel
"Ok I don't need this much anyway"
Reward:5 fuel
-3.We need some Missiles
Reward:5 missiles
-4.We need some Drone parts
Reward:5 drones

2.Wait for the FTL to charge

3.Power up your weapons
"Hey now i'm not looking for a fight. power your weapons down lets talk this out"

-1.Power down weapons
"My name is Ace. Need help with anything?"
--1.We need some crew. want to join us?
"After what you just did? I don't think do pal."
--2.We need some fuel
"I can spare some"
Reward:2 fuel
--3.We need some Missiles
"I can spare some"
Reward:2 missiles
--4.We need some Drone parts
"I can spare some"
Reward:1 drones

-2.Fight him
-Reward:Fight the ship *Enemy ship powers up FTL to get away*

-completely in-depth lore friendly
-well balanced (concerning rewards, negative and positive outcome, etc.)
(-matching vanilla style and tone, I know that is vague, but try to take it into account for coherency)
-fully written as usable xml.append code, including sub-events, lists and ship events if necessary

Based on your signature, this is nowhere NEAR lore-friendly, as this is Self Insertion.
NonPlayableYoshi

Postby NonPlayableYoshi » Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:23 pm

English Narwhal wrote:-completely in-depth lore friendly
-well balanced (concerning rewards, negative and positive outcome, etc.)
(-matching vanilla style and tone, I know that is vague, but try to take it into account for coherency)
-fully written as usable xml.append code, including sub-events, lists and ship events if necessary

Based on your signature, this is nowhere NEAR lore-friendly, as this is Self Insertion.

XD
then how about they don't add it?
don't tell me how i'm dumb for just puting a idea for it
and i understand because the mantis being friendly but as i recall "Though some individual Mantises have been known to work with the Galactic Federation, the race as a whole tends to be deceptive, opportunistic and untrustworthy" just like how not all humans are good.
and yea its based of the mantis i made named ace sue me.
and no its not usable xml.append code. tell some of the other people that.
Captain Ace's Journey
This is the story of Ace the mantis.