FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Mr. Mister

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.099

Postby Mr. Mister » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:38 am

Watching Bio's video too: that vanilla mantis vs slug event at the slug-controlled nebula, maybe you could implement some new outcomes, to surprise us?
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:04 am

slowriderxcorps wrote:Watching bio's latest video and finding out things that are off on both our sides of the mod. Pointing out that on your side, buying the Recon Drone from the black-market ship doesn't work, because it's trying to call for a weapon with the specific name instead of the drone.

Yeah saw that. Also visible: Polish kit fire bombs do not display their post-detonation UI prompt. ;)
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:52 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:Also visible: Polish kit fire bombs do not display their post-detonation UI prompt. ;)

Thanks for pointing that out, although on the same note, the vanilla Fire Bomb (the Mark II) has no pre-detonation prompts at all.

I also remember having some weird thing where I got attacked by a planetary beam strike, and I could hear the warning sounds going off, but I never actually saw any of the warnings coming up on screen.. I can't figure out what might have caused this, everything seems to be coded okay.
Mr. Mister

Postby Mr. Mister » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:08 pm

Regarding bombs: sleepy, maybe you should greatly speed up the detonation animation of the enemy bio-bomb. Currently it's up there with the big bombs, which balance-wise doesn't make much sense as it only proves effective when there's crew in the room, and you have way too much time to get them out of there like that. You can extendthe explosion animation so it tells you you might have just lost a Zoltan in that room though, that's fine.

The player's version is fine, since enemies won't escape from rooms being bombed, but the enemy version should be the fastest of all bombs. It even makes sense because the launcher model is that of the small bombs, with that thing at the side, so maybe the player's version should be modified too.

Man, how much would the gameplay get enriched if AE introduced individual shot targeting for burst weapons.

And speaking about that: did you ever report to the devs that multi-shot bombs only fire a single shot when targeting your own ship?

EDIT: Here's an idea for a positive Zoltan conversation outcome: he tells you he sneezed while the ship was performing the last jump, and that studies/theories/legend says that such a thing can cause temporal displacement problems. You check the beacon's clock and, surprise, you jumped back in time a bit, but not enough to get in contact with your former selves. (Rebel fleet doesn't advance).
Sleeper Service

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.1

Postby Sleeper Service » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:55 pm

Looks like a relevant version number, but the changes where mostly various small fixes.

Thanks once more for all your reports. This is all very helpful.

- Some new events and outcomes added at various point throughout the game
- AE: One augment added
- Weapon Jammer now slightly affects enemy artillery as well
- All new nebula type hazards now completely scramble your sensors
- Slug engineering options changed
- Crystal Vengeance can no longer be acquired through conversations
- Crystal Vengeance can now be engineered
- You can now converse with your crew after checking engineering options
- You can bow decide to use production augments after considering to socialize with you crew
- HE: Two new hazards added
- Your impulse engines now will allow you to escape radiation zones after a certain amount of time
- Drone Carriers and Drone Harbors starting drone power/weapon power further reduced
- Drone Carriers and Drone Harbors ammunition reduced
- Engi AI Ship from civilian list removed
- Auto enemies selfdestruct start health range increased
- Elite Battlecruisers are no longer lacking power to run all their systems
- Quest drone merchant no longer claims to pay an advance
- Slug surrenders now always allow you to let the enemy leave
- Buying Recon Drones from weapon traders works correctly now
- AI boarding event fixed
- Slug interceptor weapon mounts rearranged
- Rebel Corvette weapon mounts rearranged
- Energy interceptor invisible shield bubble fixed
- Auto interceptor invisible shield bubble fixed?
- Rock unlock quest rewards you with Titanium System Casing instead of Rock Plating now
- A lot of small fixes
- Some typos fixed
Mr. Mister

Postby Mr. Mister » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:14 pm

I'm not asking for spoilers, but where would I have more chances of finding the new hazards? I would assume that the one you reased a little back would be in Hazard Sectors, and if the other's what I think it is, then it might be there as well and maybe Zoltan sectors/homeworlds.

EDIT: Something that I realised: any change you make regarding beacon event list distribution/quantity on the new sector types would require an update on the Custom Music addon, right?
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:25 pm

Mr. Mister wrote:EDIT: Something that I realised: any change you make regarding beacon event list distribution/quantity on the new sector types would require an update on the Custom Music addon, right?

Yeah, but only if the changes effect the new sector types. All the other sectors have no entries there. There rarely has to be anything changed there. I have an eye on that, don't worry. I guess you ask because of the nebula mass change in the last update? That was a kind of controversial change anyway, but right, that will be overwritten by the music addon. Apart from that little usually changes in sector data, as new events just can be added to existing lists and that requires no changes in sector_data.

Code: Select all

---------- Secret Data Ahead - Captains Eyes Only --------------

You can find both new Hazards in Zoltan Sector. One is very common, the other is currently rather rare and has a small chance to appear in the Hazard sector as well.
Mr. Mister

Postby Mr. Mister » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:37 pm

Took a look at the background folder, and seems like the one starting with A has the nebula warning symbol in it as well, which I would think is added automatically by the game, unless they're not really nebula beacons. If it isn't added by the game (I honestly can't remember), then it's a bit strange that none of the other nebula-resemblant hazards' bacgrounds have that symbol.

I can see the second hazard being appearing in Hazard Sectors - hell, some of their names would make you think so. As per the first hazard though, two more tings: 1-It took me five minutes to realize the symbol was a magnet and not a freakin' smiling chaman (maybe you should leave the magnet only and remove the field lines), and 2-it would look like it would be more appropiate as a Zoltan homeworlds-only event, but I guess that would make it a tad bit too rare.

That is though, assuming that those two are the hazards you implemented, because I'm counting three new hazards from the backgrounds, so unless I missed one of them, you're just including unincluded stuff, right? Makes you consider that maybe you can make an ion-focus beam.

EDIT: Yeah, after some consideration I assume that you haven't included the one starting with b yet, as it would make no sense to have it only in Hazard AND Zoltan sectors. Maybe in the future you can include it in Rock sectors too apart from Hazard ones, because star activity, or even put no more than one in INdustrial sectors, because free dumpster.

Also, does that mean that you updated the CE-music addon or not?
Estel

Postby Estel » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:46 pm

46,1 MB? :shock: Wow, mod quite increased in size with this last update. Anyway, thanks a lot for implementing fixes so quickly, and of course always more than happy to report them, ASAP.

Sleepy, out of curiosity - haven't you had some proposition from FTL creators to take professional part in designing some aspects of AE? I guess something lime 70% of interest in FTL comes from CE nowadays, it's quite like zDay for Arma.

Cheers,
/Estel
Mr. Mister

Postby Mr. Mister » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:00 pm

Not really, Estel. CE indeed attracts most of the interest on FTL modding, but not on FTL itself. You'd be surprised at the amount of people who still play on easy, to put it in some way, and there's still new players every week.

Sleepy, I believe I need not tell you that the second background for the A hazard is... not that great, it looks like the source is of lower resolution. The first one is a bit nonsensical too, but it's okay because it's pretty and cool. I believe you were going for something like this? (click to go to the DEviantart page with a higher-res version).

Also I stumbled upon this. Put it sideways and awesomeness served for whatever you want it to be:

The Space Art section of Deviantart is quite good. I also recommend you take a look at GTgraphics.de, most of my desktop backgrounds are from there.