ftl infinite space makes no sense

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
NonPlayableYoshi

ftl infinite space makes no sense

Postby NonPlayableYoshi » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:01 pm

You read the subject name ill get on with my point

the thing about infinite space is that all most everybody wants to kill you
what i'm saying is make more events where like you talk to your crew like in captain's edition or hell even a event where there is nothing to do so you play chess. i don't care just add less fighting not every part of space is evil

now i'm not a coder but IF you can make a karma system. captain's edition did it well but i think it only takes away crew if they dislike what you did and i don't think it adds up as you do more bad/good things.

now the mini bosses. GREAT idea but some of them are just OP as all hell
8 crew, 1 mark 2 defense drone, a missile drone, and OP Guns. (forgot what guns)
i know you can get the same thing they got but its hard to build up to that when
the enemys you fight give less scrap and have OP S***

you want to make it so they don't only upgrade the ship with all the scrap? like i said before i'm not a coder but i'm sure this may be too much coding but add food. you need that to live. just make it take 1 for every crew on every ftl jump or every jump to a new sector (based off price and stock in shops)

my last point now i understand why there is not a whole lot of events but you need more. (and more without fighting)

and try not to give me any crap about coding. like i said i'm sure its hard but if you make a mod make it right.
i'm sure tekkit (minecraft mod) took lots of coding. they made it and it works great
Captain Ace's Journey
This is the story of Ace the mantis.
Metzelmax

Re: ftl infinite space makes no sense

Postby Metzelmax » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:45 pm

You make no sense
Here is the Stuff I made:
ImageImageImageImage
And stuff is always better than no stuff, right?
English Narwhal

Postby English Narwhal » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:46 pm

Okay, you think it makes no sense. Other than to complain, what is the point of saying this?
agigabyte

Postby agigabyte » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:48 pm

Code vs HardCode
English Narwhal

Postby English Narwhal » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:53 pm

agigabyte wrote:Code vs HardCode

?
NonPlayableYoshi

Postby NonPlayableYoshi » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:08 pm

English Narwhal wrote:Okay, you think it makes no sense. Other than to complain, what is the point of saying this?

its i bit of a rant. don't get me wrong i LOVE infinite space this is more so how to make it better and like i said i'm sure the coding is hard. they just need to keep working on it and it will get better over time. this is things that i dislike about it how it is now. however that does not mean i hate the mod

Metzelmax wrote:You make no sense

how? i made very good points i believe and as i said i don't hate infinite space. its my favorite mod well...captain's edition and infinite space are tied for first

you can say what you want about how i feel but at least tell me you read this first before saying that
Captain Ace's Journey
agigabyte

Postby agigabyte » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:56 pm

You can code something's, but not new things, like food.
English Narwhal

Postby English Narwhal » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:01 pm

agigabyte wrote:You can code something's, but not new things, like food.

Ah. I failed to notice the context.
NonPlayableYoshi

Postby NonPlayableYoshi » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:07 pm

why not make it a augmentation for food that gets taken away when you go to the next sector
you can add a shop at the exit with events. or however you want to give it to them.
there are ways. people don't like to find them
Captain Ace's Journey
English Narwhal

Postby English Narwhal » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:21 pm

NonPlayableYoshi wrote:

why not make it a augmentation for food that gets taken away when you go to the next sector
you can add a shop at the exit with events. or however you want to give it to them.
there are ways. people don't like to find them

Yes, a food augmentation is possible but wow is it pointless. One, it would take up one of the three augment slots (there cannot be any more augment slots), and two, implementing such a limit would be kind of hard, as the beginning of the sector (there is only one sector in FTL Infinite space, repeated over and over again) would need to have a detection event to check if you had this augment or not.

Though you have some interesting ideas, please make sure you know what is/what isn't possible or what is simply too complicated to manage before stating that modders aren't interested in finding these solutions.