FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Mr. Mister

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.099

Postby Mr. Mister » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:42 pm

Sleepy, targetting jammer didn't work on me on the third flagship phase, despite event text saying it did. Both remaining artillery mounts seemed fully functional.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:08 pm

Yeah, cause targeting jammer currently does not affect artillery. You need an internal effector to disrupt that. I know, that's kind of odd. Might add a global artillery disruption to the weapon jammer... Never the less, it would not take off one of the weapons, just increase their cooldown. The flagships weapon function like player artillery.
Mr. Mister

Postby Mr. Mister » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:27 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:Yeah, cause targeting jammer currently does not affect artillery. You need an internal effector to disrupt that. I know, that's kind of odd. Might add a global artillery disruption to the weapon jammer... Never the less, it would not take off one of the weapons, just increase their cooldown. The flagships weapon function like player artillery.

Good, as otherwise there's no point in even having the targeting jammer option there.
The Captain

Postby The Captain » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:45 pm

"During the conversation the Rockman says it is content to serve under your command, as you do not judge it by its low cast*." - caste

'The Rockman complains that you could have done better in some of the recent battles. "You shall contemplate on* your tactics, Federation Captain." ' - I think "should reflect on" or "should rethink your" would be better: "shall" is giving a command to the captain, which is wrong; "should" is a suggestion; "rethink" seems better to me due to the Rock's opinion that tactics should change.

"During the conversation the Rockman reveals that several members of its family died by the hand* of the Rock Grand Inquisition." - :cry: "at the hands"

"The Rockman explains that many of their* former friends only** treat them* as heretic* for joining the Federation." - 1) "its" instead of "their"; "it" instead of "them"; "a heretic"; 2) not sure why "only" is here, it could be removed.

Edit: So the Dual Shot Laser Mk I and the Old Dual Shot Laser are both 2 shots, 1 power, 10 sec cooldown? Just wondering why that is.
Mr. Mister

Postby Mr. Mister » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:56 pm

I like more "shall contemplate on" coming from a Rockman though, it's an ancient mineral with 1x5 your health.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:07 pm

The Captain wrote:Edit: So the Dual Shot Laser Mk I and the Old Dual Shot Laser are both 2 shots, 1 power, 10 sec cooldown? Just wondering why that is.

The old lasers are relics from early development of the mod, they where somewhat made to balance out weapons probabilities. Also in CE, old weapons don't perform worse, they just look more dirty. :roll: :)

More recent development is going on nicely. The list of small changes for 1.010 is getting longer and longer, but two new hazards for Zoltan sectors are also already in. Basic framework for the pirate sector also stands.
The Captain

Postby The Captain » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:12 pm

Mr. Mister wrote:I like more "shall contemplate on" coming from a Rockman though, it's an ancient mineral with 1x5 your health.

Seems more appropriate from a Zoltan mystic, not a member of your crew - especially one of low caste who is grateful for the position and who shouldn't be insubordinate.
Mr. Mister

Postby Mr. Mister » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:43 pm

Sleepy, something I suggested slowy to make the old weapons less nonsensical without actually changing their stats is to change their models, so the Old Defense Laser looks like a dirty Defense Laser MkII and the Old Dual Laser looks like a dirty Dual Laser MkII, maybe even with one of the charge lights nonfunctional. This way you really can say that they're less powerful versions of the weapons they look like.
Estel

Postby Estel » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:55 am

Sleeper Service wrote:You might not believe it, but auto satellites always self-destruct after the same time and it's definitely not 7 seconds. Auto ships self-destruct depends on their engine lvl, but so low times a still impossible I think.

Most of the times, auto-satellites need reasonable time to blow up. Hoever, two or three times, I've seen them bombing out before my 10 seconds laser charged fully, with "I'm gonna blow up" advertisement going off just after their shot last time. Thats why I've rated it as 7-9 seconds. I have no idea what may cause that... Still, FTL engines blowing up could be quite unpredictable sometimes, right? ;)

Meanwhile, bug hunting continues!

1. There is special outcome of socializing with Mantis (sic!) crewmember, where he know system we're in, and propose calling for aid of his clan. If we accept slave and force him to work, there is chance that slave turns out to be AI avatar. IDK if this is specific for that event, or is a bug that can happen for every slavery case, due to introduction of holograms. (Severity: Minor but funny)

2. AI holo avatar imprisoned on AI ship, received after defeating the latter in AI sector (and after being examined and tweaked by engi crewmember turned out to be Zoltan. I don't want to know what they did to him to put him into computer's mainframe, or how engi "ensured that he will be benevolent and obedient and erased his memory of this operation" ;) (Severity: Medium)

3. There is event in AI sector, where we get teleporter signal coming from beacon itself, and get boarded by AI's. That's what the text state - hoever, nothing happens, no boarders appear, no fight takes place. (Severity: Medium)

4. This ship have boss laser artillery, sneaky hidden under right wing (pun intended), and fires it even after fight is over (if ended by killing it's crew):
http://s28.postimg.org/933myu12j/neutral_ship_firing.jpg
(Severity: Major, especially if you have just de-powered shields/engines after fight to power medbay or whatever :lol: )

5. Now, this is interesting:
http://s27.postimg.org/5nk8xe1nl/derelict.jpg

What exactly is interesting, one might ask - it's only pair of rocks, who got bored of waiting 'till FTL charge in miasmatic air, and decided to go sightseeing. Well, the thing is, that other time, I actually managed to blow up derelict "station", by combination of medbay lvl3, teleport lvl3, and rocks - stations is marked as "auto" ship, so it repairs damaged component. Sacrificing crew member (we can't send boarder drone, as drone system is disabled, too) when it's on it's last hull, one can blow it up. Sadly, no reward, or even event text commenting on captain's insanity ;)

Seriously though, I think teleports could get disabled during that event, too. (Severity: Minor)

Side note: I *love* how this derelict is part of Federation cruiser's wreckage! Generally, those derelict things in irradiated zone are looking awesome, and have something creepy about them.

6. Two more civilian events lacking pirating option:
a)
http://s12.postimg.org/93f9vabx7/engi_pirating.jpg
(Maybe this one should allow to attack whole station, where poor engi is docked? *wink*
b)
http://s27.postimg.org/7g58m4a8x/trader_pirate.jpg
(seriously, I wonder who the hell put "tourists" into this vanilla event - in the middle of nebula, plagued by murderous rebel auto-scouts and with fleet incoming. "Hard to tell why" isn't convincing me, that this event makes sense, at all... but that's different matter.)
(Severity: Minor)

7. This auto-scout have shield, but shield bubble is invisible:
http://s28.postimg.org/s01cchs6k/shield_bubble.jpg
(Severity: Minor

8. Floating weapon on rebel destroyer (other weapons seems to float too, if placed on the same slot):
http://s15.postimg.org/g3dl6pb49/destroyer_weapon_placing.jpg
(Severity: Minor)

Cheers,
/Estel
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:40 am

Watching bio's latest video and finding out things that are off on both our sides of the mod. Pointing out that on your side, buying the Recon Drone from the black-market ship doesn't work, because it's trying to call for a weapon with the specific name instead of the drone.