FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Sleeper Service

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.099

Postby Sleeper Service » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:43 pm

Mr. Mister wrote:Yo, does the (advanced engines) blue option to dodge a ramship's initial battleram only require lv4 engines? That feels too soon, specially considering that people usually don't venture into rock sectors early. I would put it at lv6 engines minimum.

That event will give you additional options with higher engine upgrades, crudely simulating your actual dodge chance. ;)

Estel wrote:Today I had my )first in life) crash of FTL upon jumping to next sector. I was leaving Nebula sector, running from a fight with battle cruiser. Sadly, for above reasons, I have no idea where I jumped. It may be relevant, that I was jumping with 3 hull points, and rocket that should take 4 hull points, hit me during jump animation (when small ship is just about to disappear), and my hull stayed at 3 points even after impact. So I'm not sure if it wasn't FTL generic bug, not CE related. Maybe game just told me "you've died" in rude manner :lol:

Oh well, not sure if it is CE related, but would still be great to know where that happened. :(

Estel wrote:1. Responding to merchant in need of mercenary services may result in getting task to deliver 5 drone parts to scientist's station. event text clearly state, that merchant is "paying us some scrap in advance", in addition to giving us those 5 drones. Hoever, no scrap is given. It was reported some times ago by someone else, but I re-report it, as it wasn't fixed, apparently. (Severity: Minor)

I will fix that, but it has nothing to do with CE. ;) I guess I can be glad that the mod reached a point where people start to report vanilla bugs and typos on a regular basis. :)

Estel wrote:As a side question - I know you don't like to spoil some things, but, how big a random chance of not being able to break truces? I hope it's not more than 10% - it might have been just bad luck, but today, I had it at roughly 2/3 of forced surrenders, which was quite frustrating. Could be just RNG.

Nah, I won't tell you. But it's definitely way lower than that. It's also slightly lower again for stations, as they cant run away. Being a little selective about the surrenders you accept might increase overall gain, but not diminish the frustration. There is only so much I can do to balance this feature, not many screws to turn there.
Last edited by Sleeper Service on Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MightyKebab

Postby MightyKebab » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:47 pm

Sleeper, can you start making some "renovations" on auto-ships? the self-destruct business is getting tedious and I don't see how any other ships besides the satellite could blow themselves up. I missed those old days back in 0.95-99 when you'd fight auto ships without engines/helm. Today, it's all about hitting their helm and THEN they proceed to self destruct. Everytime.
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:50 pm

Just as a little thing.. I'm not sure if it's intentional or not, or if it has something to do with my memory being warped by having the Shield Disruptor (Ion Field) augment in yet another run, but whenever I run into a Rebel Cruiser ship, it feels like its reactor is heavily underpowered compared to the rest of the ship, as in it can't seem to power everything at once. I've ran into them in later sectors (read: even one time in Sector 8) and they only had one erected Shield layer, but in lieu, they had massive amounts of Engine power. Sort of like what seems to always happen to your own power loadout whenever you jump into an ion storm.
Mr. Mister

Postby Mr. Mister » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:09 pm

You should probably separate a bit the weapon mounts of this slug ship.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:15 pm

MightyKebab wrote:Sleeper, can you start making some "renovations" on auto-ships? the self-destruct business is getting tedious and I don't see how any other ships besides the satellite could blow themselves up. I missed those old days back in 0.95-99 when you'd fight auto ships without engines/helm. Today, it's all about hitting their helm and THEN they proceed to self destruct. Everytime.

I don't entirely get that. I don't see why automated, unmanned ships should not be capable of self destruction. Actually that the first thing I'd equip with such a mechanism. Also: Do we speak about auto ships or auto stations here? Cause there where never any auto ships with no helm, obviously. There are still plenty of auto stations that can't suicide though. Maybe you just had monotone event roles lately?

slowriderxcorps wrote:whenever I run into a Rebel Cruiser ship, it feels like its reactor is heavily underpowered compared to the rest of the ship, as in it can't seem to power everything at once.

Aha, cruisers seem to be fine, but battle-cruisers are indeed understocked in starting power. Nice find. :) On a side note: The last biohazard lets play showed that the polish kit version of the Zoltan Defender does not feature working weapons. I think that was weapon mount related, but has been fixed in CE some time ago. You might want to look into that.

Mr. Mister wrote:You should probably separate a bit the weapon mounts of this slug ship.

Yeah, that's somewhere on the list for some time...
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:22 pm

Thanks for pointing that out, Sleeper. For some reason, it was labelled as having a Weapon/Drone Slots count of zero.. And now I need to look up who this person is and see these videos. :P
ikeelyou300

Postby ikeelyou300 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:35 pm

Mr. Mister wrote:On the subject of slaver surrenders: Apart from the outcomes that can lead to him joining your crew anyway, is there any other positive outcome for liberating the slave? Like, maybe you should integrate the outcomes for bringing him to his family (just dropping him in a near station and recieving the payment via credit card) from the vanilla rescue event.

I kind of like this idea. I don't always want to be evil and force the slave to work for me, but it does seem like such a waste to just return the slave to their home. Would it be possible for them to pay us a tiny amount of scrap or resources equivalent maybe to what you would have gotten from a surrender? Or maybe even give us a quest? That would be very neat.

Oh and I just had another thought... What if sometimes when you forced someone into slavery they would try to buy their way out saying thy came from a family of wealthy traders or mine owners?
Estel

Postby Estel » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:02 pm

MightyKebab wrote:Sleeper, can you start making some "renovations" on auto-ships? the self-destruct business is getting tedious and I don't see how any other ships besides the satellite could blow themselves up. I missed those old days back in 0.95-99 when you'd fight auto ships without engines/helm. Today, it's all about hitting their helm and THEN they proceed to self destruct. Everytime.

Actually, i like this feature, but sometimes, it seems to be working *wrong*. Like, when auto-satellite on sector 1, with 1 engine lvl, self-destructs 7-9 seconds after announcing it. It's a little too fast, IMO. For later sectors (5 up), it's OK - those 7-seconds destructing things make battles with them more exciting ;)

I also don't agree, that it happens "every time". Actually, I had many battles with other results - like, it offering surrender and joining my crew as holo avatar etc, or just fighting to the end.

Side note - I really like event text, when you decide to pirate/break truce with someone as non-slug, crew mutiny, and you have AP drone. Really :D It's a pity, that "retribution" in case we ever sell/remove that drone, isn't possible to implement.

/Estel
Kartoffelr

Postby Kartoffelr » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:07 pm

Was something changed in the way FTL generates the systems?
In the last weeks i experienced maps with "inaccessible areas". I had that before using CE, too, but much rarer.

5.jpg

Also, there is this UI glitch when a lot of text lines meet - the box is too small.
6.jpg
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:23 pm

Haha, funfact: That was possible for piracy outcomes since, well, piracy existed. ;)

Estel wrote:Actually, i like this feature, but sometimes, it seems to be working *wrong*. Like, when auto-satellite on sector 1, with 1 engine lvl, self-destructs 7-9 seconds after announcing it. It's a little too fast, IMO. For later sectors (5 up), it's OK - those 7-seconds destructing things make battles with them more exciting ;)

You might not believe it, but auto satellites always self-destruct after the same time and it's definitely not 7 seconds. Auto ships self-destruct depends on their engine lvl, but so low times a still impossible I think.

Kartoffelr wrote:Was something changed in the way FTL generates the systems?
In the last weeks i experienced maps with "inaccessible areas". I had that before using CE, too, but much rarer.

Just happened to me once in my whole FTL history. Highly unlikely that CE can cause this, I'd assume that beacons are just randomly distributed and then filled with events. I really doubt mods can interfere with that. *shrug*