Problem with Full Screen - Stretch mode

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
Arclight

Problem with Full Screen - Stretch mode

Postby Arclight » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:32 pm

I've posted a report at GetSatisfaction.com. Here it is in full:

Game does not stretch to entirely fill screen in Full Screen - Stretch mode (1920x1080 res)

When I run the game in Full Screen - Stretch mode, I still have a narrow black band surrounding the screen. The game is almost, but not quite, stretched to fit the entire screen. I have an ATI graphics card and run ATI's Catalyst Control Centre. I've had similar issues before - it has to do with the underscan setting in the CCC. Basically, you need to set the underscan to 0% for *all refresh rates* for a particular resolution in order for there to be no underscan. Thing is, I've done this, and yet I still get an underscan when I run the game in this mode. Is there any way to get the game to actually stretch to fill my screen when I have it set to do so?
zamgn355

Re: Problem with Full Screen - Stretch mode

Postby zamgn355 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:55 am

I'm having a somewhat similar issue. My native resolution is 1920:1080 and I'm running Nvidia.
The problem is when selecting Fullscreen-stretch mode the game stretches too much in every direction and a fair part of the image is cut off. When setting my resolution manually in the settings.ini file the game just runs as if I've select Fullscreen-bordered mode even when it is in stretch mode.
Arclight

Postby Arclight » Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:54 am

I'm not really sure how this works with Nvidia cards. You seem to be having the opposite problem from what I had - an overscan problem rather than an underscan problem. Does your card come with software that allows you to change your underscan setting? If so, try the following:

Set your resolution to 1280x720.
Go into your Nvidia software and set your underscan so that things look right.
Do the same for every refresh rate at that resolution.
See if the game works properly.
sirrealist

Postby sirrealist » Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:59 am

Zagman, it sounds like you're having the same problem as me (see my post titled "Custom resolutions for TVs")... let me know if you find a solution, and I will do the same.
zamgn355

Postby zamgn355 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:05 am

The thing is, I've got no idea why the problem is occurring, I've got a friend running the game at the same aspect ratio (16:9) only at a higher resolution and he's having no problems with stretch-mode.