FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Sleeper Service

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.096b

Postby Sleeper Service » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:22 pm

There is actually much more behind that then you might think. ;) :?: :D You even got kind of close to what this is all about... maybe try a more diverse crew next time. ;)
MightyKebab

Postby MightyKebab » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:03 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:There is actually much more behind that then you might think. ;) :?: :D You even got kind of close to what this is all about... maybe try a more diverse crew next time. ;)

inb4 edits the blueprints to give all crew

I'm pretty sure you're implying that the flagship can be destroyed without a fight, AKA ensuring Federation-Rebel peace. But we'll see what happens. Challenge accepted mister! ;)
dalolorn

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.095d

Postby dalolorn » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:28 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:Yeah that was planned to be one of the special weapons added in the latest versions. Reverse Ion Bomb (far left) all done with custom projectile and explosion.
I didn't like the fact that you can extend the Zoltan shield life bar beyond the original five hits. That would be easy to abuse and it also looks horrible on the UI, so I took that out again.

I don't quite understand how it would be easy to abuse. You can't pre-charge the shield (to my knowledge, it resets completely during every FTL jump), meaning you either need a pre-igniter or an opponent who can't fire his weapons as quickly as you can launch reverse ionizers.
ikeelyou300

Postby ikeelyou300 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:36 pm

Just a thought, this would involve a lot of work, but would it be possible to make certain factions more hostile or peaceful towards you when playing as a certain faction. Like if you were playing as a Mantis ship maybe the nice and peaceful Engi would attack you, or if you were a Rock ship the Rock wouldn't always treat you as an outsider. I know you're supposed to be on the side of the federation still, but there's a lot of tension between certain races.

EDIT: If you use a reverse ion bomb on an enemy ship does that recharge their Zoltan shield as well? That would need a big warning label. Still it would be nice to have a weapon like this, it would be nice to have the nano system repair too even if it is a bit buggy. Again, hopefully the advanced edition will give us some new options.
Last edited by ikeelyou300 on Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Mister

Postby Mr. Mister » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:40 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:Image

Apart from the Zoltan Energizer, the light effector and what I assume is an ion miner (which would behave wierdly with shields), what is the second one? A burst light spread anti-crew laser, or a burst mini-swarm missile launcher?
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:45 pm

Mr. Mister wrote:

Apart from the Zoltan Energizer, the light effector and what I assume is an ion miner (which would behave wierdly with shields), what is the second one? A burst light spread anti-crew laser, or a burst mini-swarm missile launcher?

That would be the Chaff launcher that was mentioned somewhere. It can essentially be considered a harmless laser weapon which is designed to confuse the ever-loving heck out of every Defense drone on the planet.
Mr. Mister

Postby Mr. Mister » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:01 pm

Oohhhh... so chaff is an actual English word... yeah, that makes sense now. Me like.

Also, Sleepy, I was suggesting this in the sMPK thread, but let's hear your opinion: what would you think about reducing the Fire and Breach missile launchers' damage to 3? They would gain in two ways: They would have a shorter cooldown, and their signature characteristic would not get eclipsed by their damage (this goes specially for the Fire missile, which will have more opportunities to inflict 4 hull damage anyway with fire). Consider also reducing the burst cloak-missile launcher to 3 missiles per shot so it's in the same league as the other two, and the single-shot cloak-missile launcher to 2 damage (with a lower cooldown like everything else) so the cloak-mine has an edge in raw hull damage.

This will also have the secondary effect of reducing the amount of missiles with 4 hull damage to the normal one (should have about same cooldown as the special 3-damage collection), the Poseidon, the 4-shot one and the Titan, each one having their own advantages and disadvantages.. You'll have more freedom to play with cooldown times among only those 4.
dalolorn

Postby dalolorn » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:03 pm

slowriderxcorps wrote:
Mr. Mister wrote:

That would be the Chaff launcher that was mentioned somewhere. It can essentially be considered a harmless laser weapon which is designed to confuse the ever-loving heck out of every Defense drone on the planet.

Missile weapon, missile weapon.

Unless you only confuse the Mk II defense drone...
Mr. Mister

Postby Mr. Mister » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:10 pm

dalolorn wrote:Missile weapon, missile weapon.

I think slowy meant laser as in it doesn't cost missiles, but the projectyle type is set to "missile". Kinda the opposite of swarm and cloak-missiles, which are set to "laser" projectyle type yet cost a missile to launch.
dalolorn

Postby dalolorn » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:42 pm

Mr. Mister wrote:
dalolorn wrote:Missile weapon, missile weapon.

I think slowy meant laser as in it doesn't cost missiles, but the projectyle type is set to "missile". Kinda the opposite of swarm and cloak-missiles, which are set to "laser" projectyle type yet cost a missile to launch.

Yeah, he probably did - but I'd say some people would be confused by the way he said it. :P