Text in pop-ups unreadable

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
Bernd

Text in pop-ups unreadable

Postby Bernd » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:10 pm

When I click e.g. "Options", I basically see a gray area where the text is supposed to be.
The volume sliders are visible. Upon the first launch of the game I was also greeted by
a similar featureless window, the same happens when I click "Tutorial".

I am using a Radeon card and have the 12.8 drivers on Win7 64bit.

Already tried: forcing the game to full screen and setting the resolution to my
monitors resolution, but this did not help.
Matthew
Site Admin

Re: Text in pop-ups unreadable

Postby Matthew » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:11 pm

Sorry you're having a problem! Can you please take a screenshot? Will make it a lot easier to debug.
Matthew Davis, Subset Games Developer - If you're looking for tech support, you'll get help faster emailing directly, contact info here
Matthew
Site Admin

Postby Matthew » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:16 pm

For future people who might be having this problem, it might be related to this one:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1921

There are two solutions in that thread, both worth a shot perhaps.
Matthew Davis, Subset Games Developer - If you're looking for tech support, you'll get help faster emailing directly, contact info here
Bernd

Postby Bernd » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:03 pm

Doing a complete un- and re-install of the drivers brought the CCC back to life, but I have not yet found a setting that makes the text readable. The attachment is a screenshot of the Options menu
Matthew
Site Admin

Postby Matthew » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:05 pm

Close the game and check the install folder for "stdout.txt" to see if there's any errors in the logging. I'd also suggest verifying the game cache or reinstalling the game.. not sure if you're using the Steam version or not. This is a bran new bug, sorry! Hopefully we can get it sorted out.
Bernd

Postby Bernd » Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:43 am

A reinstall of FTL (I have the GOG version btw) helped - for some reason the first install was
not okay; when clicking on "Tutorial" I saw a lot of warning signs where other graphics would
be expected. In stdout I found a message "problem loading png file".

I just reinstalled over the files installed yesterday, and now everything looks fine.

I'm off to my space adventure now :-)