FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
ikeelyou300

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.092

Postby ikeelyou300 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:17 am

WOW, I am very interested to see how the player surrenders work, I never would have thought this was possible!! Will you be able to suggest different surrender options with different chances of acceptance?

Also I like the idea of the Zoltan's negotiating surrender. We're starting to get into RPG elements now... :D
To offset this were you saying that the Zoltan ships will refuse to engage certain ships like Zoltan ships? Because if they refuse to engage pirate ships that doesn't really make sense, but I'm sure you've got it worked out.

I would really like to see even more expansion upon the different faction ships. I would like to see as many different reasons to keep those special augments as possible!! Engi-med not dispersal should have more options with Engi ships too, (or AI ships?). It is too bad you can't just give Inate options for the different ships and it is too bad that the faction augments can not be upgraded in any way because. not all I them are the most useful later in the game. :cry: (Can you have multiple augments with the special augment abilities or is that hard coded to work with the specific augment name?)
fredhh

Postby fredhh » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:04 am

A big Thank you for adding more download site and bittorrent links, now it's much easier to get the latest version, Bravo!
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:56 pm

Surrender will indeed only be available when combat begins. And there will be some limitations due to how the events "hidden" tag works. You will be able to offer different amounts of supplies, but wont see how much exactly you will give (necessary to hide the actual outcome, aka if surrender is accepted). Hull checks are not possible.

ikeelyou300 wrote:To offset this were you saying that the Zoltan ships will refuse to engage certain ships like Zoltan ships? Because if they refuse to engage pirate ships that doesn't really make sense, but I'm sure you've got it worked out.

The second option of zoltan ships will be to "find a peaceful resolution" when engaged with less aggressive faction. This is basically a player surrender that does not cost anything, another way to avoid combat with undesirable opponents. Of course diplomacy will not work with Pirates, Rebels and the like...

ikeelyou300 wrote:I would really like to see even more expansion upon the different faction ships.

I would like that too. Unfortunately we are already scraping at the bottom of this aspect. The hostile factions could get some more options in their own sectors I guess. IMO Engi Medbots already give a lot of options in the quarantine sectors, making the ship feel like a real medical/aid vessel for this area.
The Captain

Postby The Captain » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:58 pm

KJ4VOV wrote:
The Captain wrote:More spelling/grammar/usage stuff:

Sector name: "Bio-Hazard* at 8.251.71" - "Biohazard."Speaking as a retired EMT, and current fire department volunteer, "bio-hazard" is perfectly acceptable in my line of work.

That may be so, but I'm of the opinion if the hyphen doesn't need to be in there, leave it out.

'Your Mantis is coughing up some acid as you approach it. "Better stand back* Captain...." ' - add comma after "back."Disagree but it's debatable. Commas should usually indicate natural pausing points in speech, and most people would not pause there. But, as I said, it's debatable these days.

Not just natural pausing points in speech, but also before or surrounding the name or title of a person directly addressed. (I will concede that a title used when directly addressing someone should be capitalized.)

Re: the new Crystal Lockdown Blast weapons - the label on the weapons for the UI was too low. "Lockdown" appeared at the bottom of the weapon box, and "II" or "I" below the box. Also I hated them. They're just too slow, which far outweighs their brief lockdown and even the high breach % of the Mk II. I'm going back to the regular Crystal weapons, which are slow but more tolerable.

And yet more...

'The Crystal ask* you to talk in private.... "I've done it** Captain, I reproduced the secret retaliation device of our war-fleet*** aboard your ship." ' - [And it still sucks. But flying the Crystal A, I had two to sell.] 1) asks; 2) comma after "it"; 3) war fleet.

'You follow the distress beacon to small asteroid belt. You find a small ship struggling to maneuver.... They message* you,** "Help! Our shields are down*** and I don't know ...." ' - 1) I think this should be "It messages," referring to the ship; 2) colon instead of comma; 3) add comma after "down."

"You spot a small Rebel ship nearby. It seems to have been re-fitted* for transport ..." - refitted.

"During the conversation, the Rockman reveals that one of the reasons for it* to leave the homeworlds is that it wasn't allowed to marry its great love. The couple was from different casts**." - 1) "it decided" sounds better to me; 2) What, "Mamma Mia!" and "Les Miserables"? ;) "castes."

"The satellite breaks apart* and you collect what remains functional." - add comma after "apart."

"During the conversation, the Rockman says it is content to serve.... judge it by its low cast*." - caste

"A quick scan after you arrive reveals high concentrations of fuel... You are about to begin extraction* when your targeting detection ** lights up. A corporate scout has staked its claim here*** and they seem...." - 1) add comma after "extraction"; 2) "target detector" is better, I think; 3) add comma after "here."

"An advanced* Rebel automated ship remains stationed** near a small Rebel space station." - 1) is this supposed to be "advance"? The ship didn't seem that advanced to me; 2) while correct, I don't like "stationed" used so close to "station"; either remove "stationed" or perhaps replace with something like "posted."

The Rockman is seriously wondering how it feels to be burned... "What do you mean by "pain",* Captain?"

- Single quote marks around 'pain,' and comma inside the last quote.

'Once you arrive at the location of the distress call* a small cargo ship hails you,** "Shiny! Glad you are not another pirate. We got ambushed by some outlaws*** and our shield power couplers...." ' - 1) add comma after "call"; 2) replace comma with colon; 3) add comma after "outlaws."
Lunar

Postby Lunar » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:59 pm

Finally beat a captains edition run: Btw, I have a feeling that the O2 turning off on round 3 is probably a thing in this mod so the ai will take over, but I don't think that aspect working too well.

http://imgur.com/a/vFJcS
Mr. Mister

Postby Mr. Mister » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:41 pm

If that was still 1.091, then it was fixed in 1.092. If it was 1.092, then sleepyhead missed another instance of the medbay not being disabled. Too bad one guy managed to stay alive, you would have had fun with the new AI awakening trigger.

Though, come to think of it: you can always remove the medbay from the third phase's blueprints, if you think it's not worth making sure all possible events disable it.
ikeelyou300

Postby ikeelyou300 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:18 am

Word to the wise, when I was experimenting with Boss I found that it can only disable one system per event in the event chain. So each text box can only use one loss/divide/limit function etc... That might be what Sleepy's problem is with the 3rd stage.
Kartoffelr

Postby Kartoffelr » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:37 am

The O2 control in stage 3 is indeed a bit strange.

Yesterday i beat the boss with the zoltan B and didn't kill the crew in stage 2.
So in stage 3 the O2 system on the flagship was disabled, so basically the ship killed its own crew - except one human after the O2 in the air ran out. This poor guy alone escaped into the medbay and from then on tried to run to the shield system to repair it. Of course he had no chance, his HP got to low before even 1 bar was repaired, he ran back to the medbay, and then he tried again.

Of course i had no motivation to kill him or disable the medbay and so i avoided the whole A.I. avatar spawn stuff. :oops:

Another thing:
Does anybody know how the game calculate the crystal vengeance augment chance if you have more then one? :D :D
Yes, they all grew in the crystal crewmembers quarter.
Do i get 3 chances per hit, each with 25% Or one chance of 75% Or still 25% and wasting two augment slots?
3.jpg
MightyKebab

Postby MightyKebab » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:16 am

Kartoffelr wrote:The O2 control in stage 3 is indeed a bit strange.

Yesterday i beat the boss with the zoltan B and didn't kill the crew in stage 2.
So in stage 3 the O2 system on the flagship was disabled, so basically the ship killed its own crew - except one human after the O2 in the air ran out. This poor guy alone escaped into the medbay and from then on tried to run to the shield system to repair it. Of course he had no chance, his HP got to low before even 1 bar was repaired, he ran back to the medbay, and then he tried again.

Of course i had no motivation to kill him or disable the medbay and so i avoided the whole A.I. avatar spawn stuff. :oops:

Another thing:
Does anybody know how the game calculate the crystal vengeance augment chance if you have more then one? :D :D
Yes, they all grew in the crystal crewmembers quarter.
Do i get 3 chances per hit, each with 25% Or one chance of 75% Or still 25% and wasting two augment slots?
3.jpg

Wow, your ship must hold a serious grudge, :lol:
Mr. Mister

Postby Mr. Mister » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:23 am

ikeelyou300 wrote:Word to the wise, when I was experimenting with Boss I found that it can only disable one system per event in the event chain. So each text box can only use one loss/divide/limit function etc... That might be what Sleepy's problem is with the 3rd stage.

In that case he'll have to remove the emdbay from the blueprints, as removing oxygen would make the ship spawn with 0% oxygen.