FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Nevill

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.091

Postby Nevill » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:20 pm

Mr. Mister wrote:You know, that's one situation when it might be useful to launch a system-repair bomb at the enemy, if CE still had them. You should reconsider re-incorporating them sleepy, and maybe warn on their long description not to use them in fully-repaired subsystems.

What happens when you do?
Nah, if there is a bug associated with the item, I'd rather not have it in the game at all.

Can anyone answer some of the questions for me?

I have come upon an augment that could interfere with a system of my choosing (was it Internal Effector? I don't remember). I didn't have lvl3 sensors, so I had no way to tell if it was working. Does it permanently ionize the system for 1 damage? Or is it a spoiler? It cost me 100 scrap and I never noticed a visible effect.

What does a drone/weapon scrambler do? I guess they do 2 points of permanent ion damage to the system.

Is there a specific list of changes that affect the flagship? Were there changes to the timings on its weapons? What are the timing for an artillery strike in Phase one? What are the timing for elite boarders and forced AI takeover? What systems can be affected by its Effector (I've seen Medbay, Teleporter, Drones, Cloacking, and maybe something else as well)?

I did take on the boss several times, so its abilities are not exactly spoilers for me, but knowing the math and rules behind them would be nice. If the publicity of this information is a concern, please PM me.
Revenant

Postby Revenant » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:21 pm

First of all, i want to say that this is the best mod i ever tried, plus the continuous updates, amazing work man(or men), keep the good job, i spent much time playing ftl with the CE and i had some stuff to question (sry for my english)
- will the mod be compatible with the incoming expansion for FTL? (FTL advanced edition)
-What happens with the new Ai controlled sector? i find many industrials and quarantined, but cannot find the AI controlled.

-The quarantine sector seems a bit empty for me, i mean u only loose crew and take boarders, but there is no blue options, i tried with the medbay lvl 3 to see if i could do something, but my only incoming was loosing 1 crew member (even avoiding helping the infected, just had no choice ) maybe some blue options for medbay, or oxigen would be great here.
-will you make new sector types and events? (i feel this is what gives a lot of variety to the game and what i enjoy more)
Thanks for all the job done, im going to try now the last update with the new music addon, im eager to try it
P.D: dont know if u noticed this, but when you are talking with the crew in the empty beacons, there is stuff for the engi, the rock, the mantis and the humans but seems like speaking with zoltan, slug and crystal is totally useless
Mr. Mister

Postby Mr. Mister » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:30 pm

The Internal Effector does indeed "hack" (as in, permanently reduce power bars, but not the health bars) of a system/subsystem of your choosing. There are many other dedicated combat augments that can only hack a specyfic system (weapon scrambler, ion field,...). Also, medbay and doors can only be disabled by the internal effector.

I also recall sleepe and some of us discussing that the internal effector should not prove be as effective as a dedicated hacking augment, so while I haven't checked it out personally, it might be that, while dedicated hackers take away two bars (or all for oxygen), the internal effector might take two or maybe one, randomly. Also, both the dedicated hackers and the internal effector might fail.
The Captain

Postby The Captain » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:53 pm

Well, I was having a pretty good run in the Kestrel, better than some of my recent ones. I could do damage with a Heavy Ion Mk III, Pertyon Missile, Dual Shot Laser Mk II, Hasta Beam and Hull Ripper Drone Mk I - not a ton of damage, but enough, aided by an Auto Reloader. I had maxed my reactor, weapons, cloak and teleporter, and had two 2* Rock boarders, a 2* Human and a 1*? Mantis, which I hired in sector 7, dismissing a 2* Human. Sold off the FTL Fuel Recycler and Drone Recovery Arm in sector 7.

So after taking out the usual three boss weapons, I thought I could take out the main crew. So after taking out the medbay, I beamed the Rocks in there and worked on the doors and cloak with my beam. Then the B team went in. I had killed all but one or two when I beamed back to heal up. Just then the artillery hit, and the medbay was one of the targets. Mantis, Rock & Human - blown up, sir! :shock: I'm not sure how the last Rock survived - maybe he wasn't in the room yet, or he just had enough HP?

Well, my Human weapons officer became the other boarder, and I proceeded to win the game, ending with 4606 pts & 18 HP. I guess I shouldn't have waited to start shooting in the first round and maybe only try to eliminate some of the crew. But things were going so well, and it was an unlucky shot.

ikeelyou300 wrote:... On another note, I have found repeatedly in my last few runs that I get a TON of free weapons in sectors 1 and 2. It feels like I'm getting way more free stuff in CE than in vanilla.

So you're the one stealing my luck! :evil:
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:34 pm

Yeah Rockmen are pretty much the only crew that can survive direct artillery hits.

To answer some of your questions:

- Quarantine sectors are civilian, their have little focus on combat. They also kind of want you to reconsider answering to the distress calls there, which often result in a kind of crew roulette, with some good outcomes mixed in as well. One way to gain something from this sector is to avoid the calls for help. There are quite a few options for medbay, and a lot for other medical gear. Quarantine sectors offer some pretty unique rewards for the Torus, a ship pretty weak on the CE Player Ship addon.

- AI sectors are currently unique, they can only appear once per playthrough. This might actually change in the next update. Try take a path leading to red sectors after sector two, that will make it more likely to find one. And if you do: better stay away from the nano clouds. ;)

- There is as at last one more sector type concept (Pirate Homeworlds) but it's not being developed currently.

- CE is planned to fully support AE. It probably won't even support vanilla FTL any more in its post-AE incarnations. Transition will go as follows: The last CE version before AEs release will become the final CE version for vanilla FTL. I'll try to release a compatibility version for AE as fast as possible then, for those (probably few) who really want CE to be mixed into AE immediately. And later there probably will be versions of CE that make full use of AE new features, most likely by adding a bunch of new AE-like weapons at first.

- There are special conversation outcomes for Zoltan, but I just realized that they are actually not integrated into the conversations yet. That will be changed next update. The other factions mentioned have special outcomes. Some special outcomes only activate in certain sectors.

- The Flagships actual weapon timing has not changed. The first artillery strike will hit after about two minutes.
AI crew takeover will happen after the usually time it needs to deplete oxygen suffocating crew without opening airlocks. The flagship can use any available combat augments against you, with the same effect these augments have when used by you. It will use the Internal Effector to disrupt systems that can not be disrupted by other combat augments directly dedicated to certain systems.
Mr. Mister

Postby Mr. Mister » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:23 pm

Yo Cap'n, it seems to me like you didn't pay attention to your ship computer. PDS impacts are very telegraphed by visual warnings.

And sleepy, if you're stuck and out of ideas, think of the Pirate Homeworlds more as Mafia homeworlds/HQ: Slugs are not the only organised criminals.

AI sectors being unique sounds fine. It makes sense if it's just one sector in-universe.
Revenant

Postby Revenant » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:35 pm

thanks for the fast reply, i rly want to see what u have planed for the AE version :D
i will be one who will get CE as soon as it becomes compatible, i think i cant play the game without the mod anymore xD
Nider_01

Postby Nider_01 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:36 am

Kieve

Postby Kieve » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:41 am

Nider_01 wrote:No comments :shock: http://imgdisk.ru/images/9IfA2.jpg

HK932: "Welp... that could've gone better..." :?
The Captain

Postby The Captain » Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:41 pm

So is artillery supposed to fire after the boss jumps away? I think that's kinda bullshit. :x

I thought my Engi A had an OK weapons loadout with a Heavy Ion Mk II, Burst Lasers Mk III & Mk II, but with the boss having some kind of advanced defense drone, I was fucked. :(

Spelling/grammar stuff:
Light Anti-Crew Missile Drone description - "Its usage can be considered a war-crime* ..." - war crime.

"The automatic* structure is badly damaged and activates its self-destruction** sequence." - 1) automated; 2) self-destruct.

"The Engi crew member tries to explain to which* extent it is able to have individual feelings." - what.

Quest: "You contact the delivery ship, who are* grateful ...." - the crew of which is.

"The Slime-Bath* Nebula" - Slime Bath.

"The Engi is nowhere to be found. The computer informs you that The* crewman has shut its body down...." - the.

'Your Engi crew member is busy fixing.... "repairs currently have priority over social interaction".* - quotes after period.

"As the satellite breaks apart, it messages you, "Why?".* - remove extra period after quotes.

"Oooops. The jump leaves you close to the event horizon of a young black hole. Time is passing considerably slower* ...." - more slowly.

"You find an abandoned research station on a huge asteroid. A quick scan shows no life forms,* however ..." - after "forms" replace comma with semicolon.

'A Zoltan ship lingers dangerously close to this growing black hole. They message you* "Sorry** Captain, this is not for you." ' - 1) colon after "you"; 2) comma after "Sorry."

'The Mantis is confident its species will eventually wipe the Federation and Rebels out* altogether.... "Don't worry** Captain, it's unlikely ..." ' - 1) move "out" after "wipe"; 2) comma after "worry."

"This jump node has been marked as a dumping site for old ship reactors. ... by your Geiger-counter*." - Geiger counter.

"Since industrial activity has declined here, some of the locals have taken on* piracy ...." - up