[SHIP] The Derelict

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
RAD-82

Re: [SHIP] The Derelict

Postby RAD-82 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:44 pm

dalolorn wrote:Actually, there is a blueprint for ghosts. It's just that ghosts don't appear in the game by default, but have to be restored - they're cut content. Code's still in the game engine, blueprint's where it belongs, and it doesn't need additional graphics - but it's set not to appear. Unless you change their rarity or add events rewarding them, of course. :)

My vanilla blueprint.xml file doesn't have ghosts. There are a couple of unused ghost ships, but no ghost crew. What file are you looking at that has blueprints for ghosts?

I suppose they could be in an older version, but I don't see them cutting code out, considering how much unused stuff is still in there.
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
dalolorn

Postby dalolorn » Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:51 pm

RAD-82 wrote:
dalolorn wrote:Actually, there is a blueprint for ghosts. It's just that ghosts don't appear in the game by default, but have to be restored - they're cut content. Code's still in the game engine, blueprint's where it belongs, and it doesn't need additional graphics - but it's set not to appear. Unless you change their rarity or add events rewarding them, of course. :)

My vanilla blueprint.xml file doesn't have ghosts. There are a couple of unused ghost ships, but no ghost crew. What file are you looking at that has blueprints for ghosts?

I suppose they could be in an older version, but I don't see them cutting code out, considering how much unused stuff is still in there.

:shock:
Lemmonade

Postby Lemmonade » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:32 am

dalolorn wrote:hello

RAD-82 wrote:hey

Bugs Fixed, DL updated
ElitePi

Postby ElitePi » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:12 am

Playing through with it, having so much fun, then ONE guy from a rebel cruiser teleports into one of the un-accessible rooms :evil: Luckily, I did have breach bomb, so I killed him, but not after having him for a whole sector with him. Pls make a door to the outside there?
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:28 am

What's so wrong with a room where people get stuck in and such? He's your prisoner :) your slave. etc.
He can't harm you. you can move your people into the med bay and cut the oxygen, last I checked this ship had ghost crew right?

Oh also 1 more thing, if all your crew die on a ship in the hanger it will not become an auto ship, tested it awhile ago like 2 weeks ago (forgot to add O2 to a ship)
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
Lemmonade

Postby Lemmonade » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:06 am

ElitePi wrote:Playing through with it, having so much fun, then ONE guy from a rebel cruiser teleports into one of the un-accessible rooms :evil: Luckily, I did have breach bomb, so I killed him, but not after having him for a whole sector with him. Pls make a door to the outside there?

This ship is riddled with collapsed and decompressed hallways and rooms. Such is subject to happen
VanguardOfValor

Postby VanguardOfValor » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:56 am

I just had what might have been my most enjoyable game of FTL ever in this ship. Pretty much the entire game was spent on the very edge of failure, but despite having to leave many sectors early and bail on several battles, we were able to pull through to the end. Thanks for making the ship that lead to such a great run.
Various Valorous Videos, should you be interested...
Lemmonade

Postby Lemmonade » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:40 am

VanguardOfValor wrote:I just had what might have been my most enjoyable game of FTL ever in this ship. Pretty much the entire game was spent on the very edge of failure, but despite having to leave many sectors early and bail on several battles, we were able to pull through to the end. Thanks for making the ship that lead to such a great run.

No problem glad you liked it
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:13 am

The edge of failure. :) Yes, good way to describe it. My 1st run was a disaster but the 2nd one was over before i hit sector 4. By the time i whooped the flagship i had my weakest ship (sans weapons) ever. 2 Shiels + lvl5 Engines only, and hold the teleporter. Because even with that it was a guaranteed win. :D And because i skipped sectors 6 and 7 entirely.

The Derelict is painfull at the start of the game because you must grab enough scrap to upgrade Weapons Control otherwise you can't use both weapons. And they are delightfull weapons as well. Good thing the Laser isn't heavy, it would make it considerably easier if it was. Following the weapons upgrade, the player must collect 150 scrap and find a shield for sale and this part is very dangerous. It could be made slightly easier by upgrading other systems but that further delays Shields. You may not live to see them. ;)

Love the balance of this cruiser. It's very hard, but not too reliant on the RNG. Having a Breach Bomb MkII and ghost crew are huge advantages but only for the later 2/3 of the game, the 1st you are in terrible danger. I want to play this ship again a few times just to see if i can fare better (or worse) and because it is a high quality mod. Excellent work!

As for my victory, it had to do with getting a beutifull random weapon drop very early on. Burst Laser 2 just as i had enough power to use it with either the Breach Bomb or Hull Laser. Either way i was not going to be denied by any ship until at least sector 4. And so it proved. With shields up, and a ship totally impervious to boarding and fire hazards i was extremly clumsy to love 4 ghosts! Well, they have very little HP.

For reasons that i really can't explain, i kept a free human crewmember alive, complaining about the lifesupport costs along the way. Good thing i did keep him xD It gave me something to moan about and he was a handy gunner in the end.

This is a superb mod. If you haven't played it, get to it! Beautifully drawn, well designed room layout, good balance and most important of all, very fun to play! Despite the difficulty.

Here is the gripping finale of my 2nd run. I did not bother at all with the flagship except a little bit during stage 2. If i sound cocky, it's because of the BL2 ;) Oh and the Hull Repair drone :D
FTL - Only fools rush in - http://www.twitch.tv/frumple1/c/3502082
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:00 pm

I tried it shieldless. Went OK, but luck was very random. Still a super fun mod.
FTL - The Derelict shieldless
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.