FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
subprogram32

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.084

Postby subprogram32 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:52 pm

After some testing, I found that BPAB works fine as the only mod, and CE + smaller mods work okay, but the combo of the two big ones seem to cause the freeze on menu. I don't really know what to do at this point, but I hope I don't miss out on anything feature-based without BPAB. Thanks for the advice in any case!
blipadouzi

Postby blipadouzi » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:05 pm

subprogram32 wrote:After some testing, I found that BPAB works fine as the only mod, and CE + smaller mods work okay, but the combo of the two big ones seem to cause the freeze on menu. I don't really know what to do at this point, but I hope I don't miss out on anything feature-based without BPAB. Thanks for the advice in any case!

The absolutely only thing BPAP adds is better backgrounds. So you'll have to use the default splash screens when you visit worlds, that's all. As far as functionality, weapons, events... It adds nothing.
subprogram32

Postby subprogram32 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:11 pm

blipadouzi wrote:
subprogram32 wrote:After some testing, I found that BPAB works fine as the only mod, and CE + smaller mods work okay, but the combo of the two big ones seem to cause the freeze on menu. I don't really know what to do at this point, but I hope I don't miss out on anything feature-based without BPAB. Thanks for the advice in any case!

The absolutely only thing BPAP adds is better backgrounds. So you'll have to use the default splash screens when you visit worlds, that's all. As far as functionality, weapons, events... It adds nothing.

Ah awesome! I will just have to use my imagination. XD Thanks again!
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:43 pm

Kartoffelr wrote:Another thing:
The encased systems actually can get damaged with the advanced ion weapons. And the enemy crew can't repair them. Is that intentionally?

True, I didn't think about that possibility. Was not intended, but I guess it provides a nice perk for the heavy ion weapon line.
Estel

Postby Estel » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:04 pm

I just got blown to bits during rather strange situation. I was fighting with spotter drone @ rebel fleet - I planned to hinder its weapons, and run from artillery fire ASAP. I had engines 5, so my FTL was charging quite quickly. At some point during battle, my engine got damaged by 2 (normal damage, not ION), so I had 3 bars left.

Now, about the strange thing - despite having functional and manned pilot controls, and powered (to 3 bars) engine, I wasn't able to jump out - they FTL button looked like charged, but gray. There was |*no* mention about "no pilot" or off-line engines (as that wasn't the case), nor changing indicator. I was just, well, unavailable for clicking, just like "ship" button during any battle.

Now, I can't tell for sure due to heated battle, but I think that FTL got charged to full *before* engine got damaged (might be wrong about that) Nevertheless, I never saw engine stopping to charge due to being damaged (as opposed to fully damaged/destroyed), and if my memory serves me well, damaged but operative engine never hindered possibility to jump into FTL. Anything changed about it, recently?

/Estel
The Captain

Postby The Captain » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:14 pm

Was your piloting or engines ionized? Or maybe the enemy had an FTL Jammer?
CrashSanders

Postby CrashSanders » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:27 pm

Umm, Sleeper... Do you know that you are missing about 3/4 of your OP?
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:41 pm

Not sure what happened there. PMed Ultramantis about that...

@ Estel: Sounds a lot like you went out of fuel with that jump.
Last edited by Sleeper Service on Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PaladinGreco

Postby PaladinGreco » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:44 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:Don't forget that CE is designed to be harsher.

Really? That's news to me. So you've finally abandoned the idea of keeping the curve as close to vanilla as possible. That's unfortunate. =/
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:47 pm

While the OP says that the mod "tries to maintain the balance of the game", the banner always made it clear that you will face a "harsher but richer" galaxy.