FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Sleeper Service

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.084

Postby Sleeper Service » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:30 am

Yeah, we all knew that this "free-access-to-sector-5" ticket wouldn't last for ever, didn't we? It was fun, but it also gets boring after you played the ship a few times.
Kartoffelr

Postby Kartoffelr » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:53 am

dalolorn wrote:
Kartoffelr wrote:The L.Defense II drone (new Mantis B starting drone) behaves really strange. Enemy (Pirate Blackmarket) uses a slow mine launcher drone plus a 3x missile launcher - the defense drone rotates around but does not shoot at any of the projectiles? :shock:

Did the mine launcher fire before the missile launchers? I think the drone prioritizes projectiles by order of appearance - and it only actually SHOOTS when the first target is at a set distance from the ship. (or the shield ellipse?)

Yes. The defense drone was targeting the mine, but didn't fire. Just aimed at it until impact. It ignored the one-second-later triple missile impact entirely :D
I wish that would work against enemy defense drones aswell...
subprogram32

Postby subprogram32 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:24 pm

Hello, new user here, has anyone seen the crash-to-desktop error "This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way" titled "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library"? It happened with 1.083-4, though I have not played FTL in a while so earlier versions might be susceptible. I installed Better Planets And Backgrounds under the OP's recommendation, but had not played CE with BPAB before. BPAB is on top of the list in the Mod Manager so presumably not a load order issue there, but I also use the New Game Booster and Crystal Quest mods. Anyone know any possible problems?

Edit: There is also a warning while patching CE in the mod manager "Warning: unsupported folder: mod-appendix".
Edit2: Music of main menu plays when I re-patched to CE 1.072, but loading screen freezes and no mouse or interation avalible. Changing tabs crashes program to desktop with no error message.
Last edited by subprogram32 on Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:33 pm

subprogram32 wrote:Hello, new user here, has anyone seen the crash-to-desktop error "This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way"

That's a general crash. Can you provide information as to what enemy you were fighting / what sector you were in / what event you had encountered / etc?
subprogram32 wrote:Edit: There is also a warning while patching CE in the mod manager "Warning: unsupported folder: mod-appendix".

You have to update the manager. You can download the newest version (1.4) here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=17102
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
subprogram32

Postby subprogram32 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:37 pm

kartoFlane wrote:
subprogram32 wrote:Hello, new user here, has anyone seen the crash-to-desktop error "This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way"

That's a general crash. Can you provide information as to what enemy you were fighting / what sector you were in / what event you had encountered / etc?
subprogram32 wrote:Edit: There is also a warning while patching CE in the mod manager "Warning: unsupported folder: mod-appendix".

You have to update the manager. You can download the newest version (1.4) here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=17102

Oh, thank you! And it crashes as soon as the load screen completes.

Edit: My god this new mod manager is so much faster!
subprogram32

Postby subprogram32 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:03 pm

Application now hangs instead of crashes. Closest thing to functionality I have is seeing the main menu after loading, but freezes instantaneously. Task manager is required to close it.

EDIT: Problem is with BPAB. Removing that allows it to load the menu even with the latest CE version. How vital is Better Planets now to CE may I ask?
blipadouzi

Postby blipadouzi » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:26 pm

subprogram32 wrote:Application now hangs instead of crashes. Closest thing to functionality I have is seeing the main menu after loading, but freezes instantaneously. Task manager is required to close it.

EDIT: Problem is with BPAB. Removing that allows it to load the menu even with the latest CE version. How vital is Better Planets now to CE may I ask?

Make sure you're using the most recent version of BPAP, which is currently on 1.3.1

Also in Slipstream, make sure BPAP loads *before* CE.

Finally, BPAP downloads as a 7z file, you need to extract the .ftl file from it rather than renaming it.
subprogram32

Postby subprogram32 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:33 pm

I think I just renamed it, which explains the crashing chances are.
subprogram32

Postby subprogram32 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:43 pm

blipadouzi wrote:
subprogram32 wrote:Application now hangs instead of crashes. Closest thing to functionality I have is seeing the main menu after loading, but freezes instantaneously. Task manager is required to close it.

Make sure you're using the most recent version of BPAP, which is currently on 1.3.1

Also in Slipstream, make sure BPAP loads *before* CE.

Finally, BPAP downloads as a 7z file, you need to extract the .ftl file from it rather than renaming it.

I did all of the above, and it still freezes on the main menu after the loading screen. The only difference this time was that the screen was blank white when it froze.
Estel

Postby Estel » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:30 pm

Kartoffelr wrote:Another thing:
The encased systems actually can get damaged with the advanced ion weapons. And the enemy crew can't repair them. Is that intentionally?

That's actually very interesting, could you elaborate more on how that happened? I.E how the hell advanced ion weapon even targeted encased system to damage it?

Tchijf wrote: The last time i played, i was attacked by an Auto-Terminator (sector 2) and i had to fight vs. 3 Drones with missiles?! WTF? :D (tried in normal AND in easy)

If I correctly access my memory ( ;) ) auto-terminator is the modified ship you meet alongside bounty-hunter special event. If it is the case, then he is supposed to be hell. Trust me, he was already nerfed - in his first incarnation, he was flying Nemesis, and manifestation of Doom itself ;) Flagship was a piece of cake compared to this little devil.

Now, he is just "more-than-average" strong, especially, if you're unlucky enough to meet him early in game. BTW, I just *love* this event.

/Estel