[Ship] Eggcelsior (DIY Easter Egg) vAE.1.3

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
RAD-82

[Ship] Eggcelsior (DIY Easter Egg) vAE.1.3

Postby RAD-82 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:29 am

Install with Slipstream Mod Manager

MediaFire Download Link AE.1.3 - Replaces Mantis-A

Compatible with Limited Time Offer, if you want cloaking, hacking, or mind control, although this is no longer needed for Eggcelsior AE.1.3.

Code: Select all

Initial release of 1.0:
-Teleporter starts at level 3
-Egg Cannon: Max level 4, starts at level 2, level 1 cooldown of 35s, decreases by 7s per level

Changes for 1.1:
-Teleporter starts at level 2
-Egg Cannon: Max level 3, starts at level 1, level 1 cooldown of 30s, decreases by 6s per level

Update for AE.1:
-Updated for AE compatibility
-Replaces Mantis Cruiser instead of Federation Cruiser
-Replaced Healing Burst with Egg Bomb
-Egg Bomb heals for 75 health and does 1 system damage
-Since this ship starts with the AE maximum of 8 systems, a Type-B was added that removes the starting drone system, allowing for the option of drones, cloaking, hacking, or mind control.  The Type-B also starts with the Zoltan Shield Bypass augment since it doesn't have the Egg Slicer drone.
-(May 17, 2015) Silent update for misc.xml.rawappend

Update for AE.1.1:
-Removed Type-B ship
-Made Type-A ship compatible with Limited Time Offer mod
-Fix some rarity issues with custom drone
-Minor increase to starting missiles and drone parts
-Some other kinds of update

Update for AE.1.2:
-Increased system damage on Egg Bomb to 2
-Added 1 second stun to Egg Cannon artillery
-Improved Egg Slicer drone

Update for AE.1.3:
-Compatibility update for FTL 1.6 (Artillery-related text)
-Buffed the egg
>Increased system damage on Egg Bomb to 3
>Teleporter starts at level 3 once again, and is now 100 scrap cheaper to reach level 4
>Medbay starts at level 2
>Increased starting reactor by 1
>Added Engi Med-bot Dispersal
-New event at vanilla stores for purchasing Cloaking, Hacking, and Mind Control without another mod

Welcome to the nightmare that is micro-management. The teleporter on this boarding ship can only hold one person! For the cheap, cheap price of 299.99 scrap*, paid over two installments, this teleporter has no cooldown! Sweet! :D Scratch that! New to AE.1.3, you only need to make one payment of 199.99 scrap* for that quick teleport. 8-)

*99/100ths of a scrap might not be necessary

This .ftl file modifies the artillery and teleporter systems. It comes with custom low oxygen warnings because of the teleporter and medbay.

Why is the medbay so big? I just wanted a room where people could stand around the middle. No good reason for it... We'll just say that is the yolk. For some unknown reason, AE put a hole in the medbay wall. Completely harmless. :roll:

Why I made this ship? The term Eggcelsior popped into my head and it seemed like a good name for an egg ship. How it got into my head is unknown...

Warning: Captain's Edition users should turn off the artillery if they face the Rebel AI ships with three rooms so it doesn't crash the game.

See next post for details on customizing your ship hull.

Video:
Biohazard063 - vAE.1.2 - Part 1 - Part 2 - Part 3 - Part 4
Rand118 - vAE.1.3 - Full run

Credits:
The usual FTL modding credits for Slipstream and Superluminal
Clipart found on the internet
Last edited by RAD-82 on Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:55 pm, edited 15 times in total.
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
RAD-82

Re: [Ship] Eggcelsior (DIY Easter Egg)

Postby RAD-82 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:32 am

Do-it-yourself Easter Egg

Copy the following attachments, use your know-how to paint them (maintain image dimensions and transparent background), place them in a ship folder, place that folder in an img folder, then zip the img folder and rename it into an .ftl file. Load your custom hull after the Eggcelsior .ftl file.

egg_base.png

egg_gib1.png

egg_gib2.png

The custom hull .ftl/.zip file should contain:
img/ship/egg_base.png
img/ship/egg_gib1.png
img/ship/egg_gib2.png

(Optional)
img/customizeUI/miniship_egg.png

miniship_egg.png dimensions: 191 x 121

Remember...
~ This mod doesn't append. It clobbers.
:lol:

If my explanation is too messy or not clear enough, ask someone else. Anybody is free to make the explanation or instructions sound better. People may share their egg art for others to use in this topic. I, myself, am not an artist and don't have any examples to provide.

edit: Replaced broken attachments with Imgur files
Last edited by RAD-82 on Sun May 17, 2015 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:20 pm

This egg is ready to fly! *SPLAT* :twisted:

Requesting move to Working Mods.

Honestly, I've found missiles to be a pain, as with any ship. I suppose that is just the RNG. :roll:
Kieve

Postby Kieve » Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:18 am

Amusing idea. :) Also, I love the look of that white "Egg" drone. The colors are just awesome to me.
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:02 am

I was going to replace the drone with an egg, but then I realized that the flame from the drone engine probably wanted something round, so I just recolored it instead. Looking back, I probably should've just removed the flame. :|

Sadly, this ship is waaay OP if you can survive the beginning. Not having cloak doesn't really matter. Of course, boarding isn't auto-pilot OP since you still need to pay attention to your crew health. I may need to update it, but I'm uncertain if I want to make the Egg Cannon a 3-level system with a re-adjusted cooldown. I think the teleporter needs to start at level 2 instead of 3. I only raised it because I felt the first guy needed backup sooner, but then I never actually used the Healing Burst.

None of those changes will effect endgame play, so I'll just leave it alone for now.
Lemmonade

Postby Lemmonade » Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:32 am

ahahahahahahaha this is great
Kierany9

Postby Kierany9 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:40 pm

I have to say, this looks eggselent. I'll probably be playing it soon.
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:20 pm

Great stuff, i have to try this.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
RAD-82

Re: [Ship] Eggcelsior (DIY Easter Egg) vAE.1

Postby RAD-82 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:17 am

Since Easter is coming around soon, I decided to make this my first AE update.

Advanced Edition did a few things. It broke all artillery ships, since none of them had weapons assigned before. The artillery upgrade UI can actually tell the correct cooldowns now, although it isn't compatible with other artillery systems. That shouldn't matter, because if you have this ship installed, you should be using this ship, not some other ship. :P

The medbay has a hole in it now. I don't know why the wall thinks it should be a doorway.

Since AE put an 8-system limit on ships, I made a type-B without a drone system for people who want to install a different system. Since you can only purchase one more system for the type-B, I assigned them all to the same room. :lol: It wasn't my original intention when updating to AE. I wanted all systems available. They still can be if the ship starts with them all, but that wouldn't be right. :(
RAD-82

Re: [Ship] Eggcelsior (DIY Easter Egg) vAE.1.1

Postby RAD-82 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:32 pm

I finally made a minor update for this, but for some reason, I can't upload it to MediaFire. I don't know why, but it just won't let me. The error message makes no sense to me.

The update fixes a rarity bug I had with my custom drone and the beam weapon it uses. In the AE.1 version, since the ship starts with eight systems, I made a duplicate ship with the drone system removed from start and I stacked all possible eighth systems into the same room. This AE.1.1 update removes the duplicate ship and places the extra, unattainable systems into new rooms. These systems are now attainable with my Limited Time Offer mod. I've given a minor increase to starting missiles and drones. The AE.1 version was made during FTL version 1.5.4 and an older Slipstream version, so I also tried fixing a few things to work inline with more recent versions.

Here was a temporary sendspace link: {link removed}

I can't test/use mods anymore, because I don't feel like installing Java on the tablet I use just for Slipstream. Any bug reports would be appreciated. I do have a system testing mod available to check if I got the systems in the right rooms. The layout for this ship was generated with Superluminal in the pre-AE days, so the rooms weren't quite numbered in the usual pattern I would use now.

edit: I managed to get the file uploaded to MediaFire by disabling the HTML5 and Flash(didn't try this one) uploader options and using the basic uploader. First post is now updated with the link and the temporary link down here is removed.