[SHIP] Peregrine Cruiser

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Lemmonade

[SHIP] Peregrine Cruiser

Postby Lemmonade » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:43 am

So this is my rework of the kestrel, I named it the peregrine, after the peregrine falcon, which is very fast. The image I had in my head was a drug smuggling pirate cruiser, with a big hanger full of cargo.

Update: Bugs Fixed, this is the final release, DL update.

I have created an alt type B reskin for the design. Its spooky!
http://www.ftlgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=21214

The Peregrine CruiserImage

This stunningly fast ship started its life out as a civilian FTL transport. It was captured by a pirate who was notorious for his drug smuggling prowess. He reaped massive profits off the contraband he was able to run into federation space, and spared no expense in securing his merchandise. Once acquired, this ship was fitted with two huge cruiser class FTL engines and a combat grade weapons system. Its one of the fastest ships around, some say it can make it to Sector 8 in under 12 parsecs.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

This ship is focused on evasiveness and FTL jump readiness, a playing style I don't typically adopt, should be interesting to see how it plays out. It could also be used incredibly effectively as a boarding ship because of the 4 spot cargo teleporter and the huge hanger in the rear of the ship, which gives you wiggle room for your boarding parties.

Starting Systems:
    Pilot: II
    Sensors: I
    Doors: II
    Weapons: III
    Engines: IIII
    Shields: II
    Life Support: II
    Medbay: II
    Reactor: 11 (+1)

Starting Crew:
    Human
    Mantis
    Engi
    Zoltan

Starting Equipment:
    Burst Laser Mk1
    Small Bomb
    FTL Recharge Booster

Download:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/21l8afzh2wcobcu/Peregrine.ftl
MOD EDIT: Existing download is pre-Advanced Edition. "Unofficially" updated for AE by RAD-82.
See post on Page 4
Last edited by Lemmonade on Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:34 am, edited 4 times in total.
Kieve

Re: [SHIP] Peregrine Cruiser

Postby Kieve » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:49 am

:shock: Damn that is sexy. And the use of the "Doors" system as a cargo bay is brilliant.
Matt, Justin, if you guys are seeing this - Kestral Type C for FTL:AE. Do it.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:13 pm

Lemmonade, Your the next Dry Eagle.
I'm with kieve here in awe. You did a great job, I can't wait to see what you do next.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
dalolorn

Postby dalolorn » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:49 pm

You may want to add a console to the hangar graphic for Advanced Edition. Other than that, it looks great.
Euxcine

Postby Euxcine » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:55 pm

What an excellent-looking ship. However, I'm unsure how to use it in-game, so if anyone has any advice for that, I'd really appreciate it. I loaded the .ftl file with Slipstream Mod Manager and it doesn't show up anywhere. A bit confused, to be honest ;)

Cheers,

Euxcine
Lemmonade

Postby Lemmonade » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:55 pm

Kieve wrote::shock: Damn that is sexy. And the use of the "Doors" system as a cargo bay is brilliant...

R4V3-0N wrote:...You did a great job, I can't wait to see what you do next.

Thanks!

dalolorn wrote:You may want to add a console to the hangar graphic for Advanced Edition. Other than that, it looks great.

How would I do that? when does advanced edition come out?
dalolorn

Postby dalolorn » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:04 pm

Lemmonade wrote:
Kieve wrote::shock: Damn that is sexy. And the use of the "Doors" system as a cargo bay is brilliant...

R4V3-0N wrote:...You did a great job, I can't wait to see what you do next.

Thanks!

dalolorn wrote:You may want to add a console to the hangar graphic for Advanced Edition. Other than that, it looks great.

How would I do that? when does advanced edition come out?

Somewhere in early 2014. Anyway, just draw a console in the graphic, and when AE comes out, set the station to the appropriate tile and facing. Just like any other mannable system. :)
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:10 pm

Kieve wrote: :shock: Damn that is sexy. And the use of the "Doors" system as a cargo bay is brilliant.
Matt, Justin, if you guys are seeing this - Kestral Type C for FTL:AE. Do it.

/agree, both this ship and the Letze Reise are brilliant :)

dalolorn wrote:Somewhere in early 2014. Anyway, just draw a console in the graphic, and when AE comes out, set the station to the appropriate tile and facing. Just like any other mannable system. :)

Well, we don't know how the new additions will work on the inside.
If AE comes out in January (though that a bit too early, I suppose), then Superluminal probably won't be updated for some time, seeing as that's my finals period...
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
Lemmonade

Postby Lemmonade » Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:42 am

kartoFlane wrote: /agree, both this ship and the Letze Reise are brilliant :)

thanks I made them all with superluminal, made it a very easy process
Euxcine

Postby Euxcine » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:39 am

I've tried a few different things but still can't make the ship appear in my hanagar bay. The .ftl file is properly uploaded and added to the game (via Slipstream). Any advice, please?