[SHIP] Letze Reise Mercenary Cruiser

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Lemmonade

[SHIP] Letze Reise Mercenary Cruiser

Postby Lemmonade » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:32 am

Update: Bug Fix, Graphics updated. download link has been updated.

Hello, this is my second ftl mod, the Letze Reise. This time around I challenged myself to make a mod that is more fitting with the graphic style of ftl so I used peices from many federation ships. My goal for this ship was to create a vessel that combines elite mercenary equipment with a pirate-criminal theme and crew, this stealth ship is the object of ghost stories. Replaces Stealth B.

The Letze Reise
"The Journey's End"

This aging stealth cruiser was built as a federation prototype deploying early cloaking field technology. Many years ago it was stolen by a notorious mercenary, who named the ship Letze Reise ("Journey's End") because of the impressive amount of hired assassinations it would complete using its stealth abilities. Stories told of the Letze Riese give it an almost ghost-like reputation, namely due to its cloak-and-dagger tactics. It is said that once you notice the menacing silhouette of this craft, its already too late, because you're ship has already been boarded, and your crucial systems targeted.

Its almost ironic however, that this vessel was dubbed Letze Reise. It has seen better days, and it too is approaching the end of it's voyage. As its final mission, the Letze Reise struck a deal with the federation, which is also in a time of desperate struggle. If it will take on this courier mission and run the details of the rebel fleet to the federation capital, the Letze Reise and her crew will be granted pardon for the impressive list of violations they've managed to rack up.

Starting Equipment:
    Ion Blast
    Halberd Beam
    Stealth Weapons
Starting Systems:
    Pilot: II
    Sensors: I
    Teleporter: I
    Cloaking: III
    Weapons: IIII
    Shields: II
    Engines: III
    Medbay: I
    Oxygen: I
    Reactor: 11

Floor Plan:

Download Link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zwqpdmh3j6yyiem/Letze%20Reise.ftl
Last edited by Lemmonade on Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:54 am, edited 5 times in total.
R4V3-0N

Re: [SHIP] Letze Reise Mercenary Cruiser

Postby R4V3-0N » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:16 am

The hull art is amazing....

But the only things bugging me is the wrong sized room images (but I think you are already on that) and also I do dislike non vanilla room sizes and I see no need for 1 big one besides the ability to make that single room drop O2 as soon you open that door at the back. But it is a very cool looking ship... I have a strong urge on making my own layout and variant of it... I think this ship would be great to be in CE. maybe slightly recolored. I can imagen this thing popping out of no where shooting at me.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
CaptainRover

Postby CaptainRover » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:48 am

Looks really good almost didn't notice the auto drone parts, keep up the good work!
Lemmonade

Postby Lemmonade » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:38 am

R4V3-0N wrote:The hull art is amazing....
I have a strong urge on making my own layout and variant of it... I think this ship would be great to be in CE. maybe slightly recolored. I can imagen this thing popping out of no where shooting at me.

Thanks! and please do, perhaps a re-skin to replace the Stealth B cruiser?

CaptainRover wrote:Looks really good almost didn't notice the auto drone parts, keep up the good work!

Thank you
ScubaSteve3465

Postby ScubaSteve3465 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:28 am

AMAZING. using now.
ScubaSteve3465

Postby ScubaSteve3465 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:41 am

You need a small image for the hangar picture. Its totally bugged out and HUGE. When selecting the ship from the hangar list. Should be an easy fix. Also is there any chance you could resize the grey outline that goes around the rooms? I believe its the floor image? Its just overlapping over the weapons and stuff like that, a simple resize would fix this. Perhaps just a smaller border for the floor image? Not sure how it works.
JakeShifter

Postby JakeShifter » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:37 pm

There is one huge problem with the otherwise great Letze Reise.
There's no door leading to the second and third most crucial systems, Weapons and Engines. if either of them get damaged they stay that way, and no crew can man them to increase their superiority.
Can anyone give me a door code to put in the txt, like
DOOR
#
#
#
#
#

to fix this problem? i've tried for hours and i finally got the door the right say but it won't let people through, like it either isnt there or the game thinks it leads to empty space.
ScubaSteve3465

Postby ScubaSteve3465 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:48 am

I can modify it for you and pm the file to you with the extra doors? I wont post it here without permission from the creator. Let me know, i already modded it for me :)
JakeShifter

Postby JakeShifter » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:26 pm

ScubaSteve3465 wrote:I can modify it for you and pm the file to you with the extra doors? I wont post it here without permission from the creator. Let me know, i already modded it for me :)

Thanks a ton. I love the idea of the Reise, but it's really hard to play without that little door :C
If Captain's Edition had a system repair bomb then it would be okay, but it doesnt.
Lemmonade

Postby Lemmonade » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:11 pm

JakeShifter wrote:There is one huge problem with the otherwise great Letze Reise.
There's no door leading to the second and third most crucial systems, Weapons and Engines.

Oooops, thats a definite game changer

ScubaSteve3465 wrote:I can modify it for you and pm the file to you with the extra doors? I wont post it here without permission from the creator. Let me know, i already modded it for me :)

Awesome, thank you! I forgot to add the door there, was not intentional, go ahead and PM me and ill get the download link for that up. I appreciate the assistance, so heres a preview of my next project :D

A speedy drug smuggling cargo ship called The Peregrine. Some say it can make an 8 sector run in under 12 parsecs.