Making a ship with drones and no weapons messes up the HUD

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
XionGaTaosenai

Making a ship with drones and no weapons messes up the HUD

Postby XionGaTaosenai » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:32 pm

As seen here, the Drone control icon slides a little to the left, clipping into whatever icon is to its left (in this case, cloaking).

I was prepared for something to go wrong when I removed the weapons system from a ship, and the ship is still perfectly functional, but it's something that's going to constantly bug me until I at least try to find an answer. Is there anything that can fix this? When you have drone control normally, to the right of the weapons, the icon is placed normally over the line that points to it, so why does it slide to the right in this case?

Also, before you ask, yes, the 2 person medbay in a ship with a 4 person teleporter is intentional, and yes, it is there to troll you.
5thHorseman

Re: Making a ship with drones and no weapons messes up the H

Postby 5thHorseman » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:31 pm

I just had this issue as well, on a ship I wanted to have NO weapons available at ALL.

I never tried it but I wondered if it would be possible to modify the graphics to get the drones to slide over. I think probably not. My idea didn't work well as a play style anyway so I dropped it and never investigated.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:47 pm

Sadly, i dont think there is a solution to that. The game is just not prepared to work with ships with no weapon systems, and the position of the icons is hardcoded, unfortunately.
My currently mods / wips ->
ImageImage
NewAgeOfPower

Postby NewAgeOfPower » Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:53 am

Have you tried letting the ship have a weapons system, but setting max weapons slots = 0? It's trivial in Superluminal.
Requiem. The first in the Ascension trilogy. Current version: 0.6 BETA.

Get your Ascension Faction siggys here!
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:46 am

NewAgeOfPower wrote:Have you tried letting the ship have a weapons system, but setting max weapons slots = 0? It's trivial in Superluminal.

That won't help too much, even if it works. (I know that if you set the POWER to 0 the game will make it 1). The drones will still be shifted over to the right as if there were 4 weapon slots.

I assume that anybody who wants to do this wants to allow for more drone slots. At least 4 if not 5 or 6.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
NewAgeOfPower

Postby NewAgeOfPower » Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:30 pm

I've experimented with multiple drones awhile back. You won't be able to put in any new drones, but you can start a ship with many drones- you'll just have to use the hotkeys to activate/deactivate them.
Requiem. The first in the Ascension trilogy. Current version: 0.6 BETA.

Get your Ascension Faction siggys here!