Worst Sector Generation Ever

General discussion about the game.
Simca

Worst Sector Generation Ever

Postby Simca » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:57 am

So I read that the developers were working to try to make sure every sector connects from entry to exit... well this one does... but that's about all it does.

The red is the only accessible path through the sector. The blue is unreachable.

So I guess this might fit within the realm of intended since you can actually proceed, but... it's impressive for how little you can actually do in that sector. I have a Crystal on my ship right now and if that had been the Rock Homeworld I would have pulled my hair out.
Megas Domestikos

Re: Worst Sector Generation Ever

Postby Megas Domestikos » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:21 pm

I've had this twice thus far, at least twice I have noticed to be stuck like that. It's a pretty rare bug and with the option that lets you pre-plan your trip by looking beacon connections, it doesn't really bother me.
Space Roman
Mr_Crac

Postby Mr_Crac » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:51 am

That should really be fixed.
Springy

Postby Springy » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:39 pm

I've encountered this a couple of times. Extremely annoying when you were going through a good run and have hardly any fuel left to go back round and take the right route.
That doom player. My Doom speed demos: http://doomedsda.us/player435lmps.html
Youtube: D4V35PR1NG Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198050485606/
Pie Flavor

Postby Pie Flavor » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:50 pm

I just died to that lol

I had such a great playthrough, kestrel layout b with 7 crew members 4 of which already mastered a skill, and I had to fight 3 lvl 3 shield rebel ships in a row
magicwalker

Postby magicwalker » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:55 pm

There is a setting in options that allows you to display jump routes on mouse hover, so when you're on your star map looking to jump- hover over the beacons you are thinking of routing through and make sure they connect to the exit! I hate to double back or otherwise waste fuel, so I plan out my jump route the moment I enter a sector and only deviate if there is an event I am looking for/avoiding.
More Dakka

Postby More Dakka » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:43 pm

Hmm. A map in which it was even possible to get lost, but one where the graph wasn't even a single connected component, the vast majority of the map was completely impossible to reach, and the one accessible component had a completely forced route? Bizarre.
madattak9

Postby madattak9 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:44 pm

I had a similar event in sector 4 rock sector. I jumped for 3 beacons, then reached a dead end and had to jump back to the start, where the rebels killed me.
BKT

Postby BKT » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:37 pm

After I learned about the 'showing beacon path' option, I kinda feel like the 'dead end' path is now doesn't have any purpose in the game anymore and its existence now is, to me, just a reminder of a bad design.

... Or so I thought :roll:

There was this one time that at the beginning of the sector I got the mantis event that they will escape in the first fight and you get a weapon if you follow them and win the 2nd battle— They escaped into the 'dead end' path at the very end of the sector and the beacon leads to nowhere... I could almost heard the mantis shouting "HAHAHA! So long sucka! 8-) " as they jumped away and "Oh, you scared now!? Come on, Fight us! HAHAHA :twisted: " as I had to put my responsibility as a captain of the the ship before my own personal feelings and begrudgingly ordered the ship to took on a different course in order to ensure the survival of the Federation... :x

It almost like the whole thing was planned! ... But then again, for many, many time, the 'blindfire' targeting system that the enemy use seem to results in some of the most complicated, subtle, clever, devious, and effective way to destroy you in the most humiliating way... :ugeek:
madattak9

Postby madattak9 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:23 pm

BKT wrote:After I learned about the 'showing beacon path' option, I kinda feel like the 'dead end' path is now doesn't have any purpose in the game anymore and its existence now is, to me, just a reminder of a bad design.

... Or so I thought :roll:

There was this one time that at the beginning of the sector I got the mantis event that they will escape in the first fight and you get a weapon if you follow them and win the 2nd battle— They escaped into the 'dead end' path at the very end of the sector and the beacon leads to nowhere... I could almost heard the mantis shouting "HAHAHA! So long sucka! 8-) " as they jumped away and "Oh, you scared now!? Come on, Fight us! HAHAHA :twisted: " as I had to put my responsibility as a captain of the the ship before my own personal feelings and begrudgingly ordered the ship to took on a different course in order to ensure the survival of the Federation... :x

It almost like the whole thing was planned! ... But then again, for many, many time, the 'blindfire' targeting system that the enemy use seem to results in some of the most complicated, subtle, clever, devious, and effective way to destroy you in the most humiliating way... :ugeek:

What show path option?