[SHIP] The Viper

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
UltraMantis

Re: [SHIP] The Viper

Postby UltraMantis » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:46 am

This is what i get:
2s.png
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
MrHoody

Postby MrHoody » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:22 am

Nope, still the same issue. May I put in a request to the OP to upload it to mediafire or a site that is a little more reliable? :) Thanks a lot!

Edit: Same thing with the Cyclone as well, if you don't mind :mrgreen:
DryEagle

Postby DryEagle » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:19 pm

I use 2shared because it's really quick and easy to use... I would recommend getting adblock, then you won't have such problems... in any case I've added alternate download links for both ships now.
For reference, this is what 2shared looks like for me, so I'm sorry if there was some spam download ads in there... again, adblock ;)

Last edited by DryEagle on Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
All ships I have created include custom weapons, graphics etc:
ImageImageImageImage
MrHoody

Postby MrHoody » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:22 pm

Gonna get around to varying my knowledge of file sharing sites ASAP :P Cheers DryEagle!
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:53 pm

Actually using adblocks can completely prevent the site from functioning and create more confusion. I had to unblock 2shared to get the link to work and take the screenshot.

Any site that disguises toolbars or other malware as download links in an attempt to trick users, is a site you should never use or trust. If it wasn't for the user asking for help, i never would have spent longer than it takes to close the tab with such download links. If you must use filesharing try Mediafire or Speedyshare, but consider adding your mod to a modding site like modDB.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
VanguardOfValor

Postby VanguardOfValor » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:30 pm

I've started a playthrough with this ship. So far it has been a lot of fun, albeit somewhat stressful. :P

I'll link the first episode here here once I have it uploaded, as well as in my video thread. Thanks for making this ship for us!

Edit: Changed my mind. I'll keep my advertising to my own thread. ;P Great ship though!
Last edited by VanguardOfValor on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Various Valorous Videos, should you be interested...
Kieve

Postby Kieve » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:18 pm

Haven't tried this one out yet, but as I said in the dev thread, it looks fascinating and I love the design. Great rework of the original assets.

Also, +1 to Ultramantis' post. 2shared, rapidshare, and other 'sleezy' download sites should be avoided. Basically, anything you'd feel compelled to turn an adblocker on while visiting.
DCChuckles

Postby DCChuckles » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:08 pm

DryEagle wrote:Thanks for making a video ;)
I've only done one very minor change to the mod since posting it and that's to remove the option of buying cloaking from shops, since the ship cannot use a cloaking device.

Chuckles, I could of course add lots of other effects like crew damage but I didn't want to make the ship horribly overpowered - I mean you can already trash the boss with just starting equipment + teleporter if you know what you're doing... I want there to be at least a little challenge ;)
I did put a fair bit of thought into the balance... giving the slug at the start helps with putting out fires, and offsets to some extent not having sensors, but most of your crew is still bad at repairing
The weapon itself, 60% burn chance with 1 ion (though since the shield pen, it does 1 ion to target and 1 to shield) with 12 second cooldown... this was the stat set I came to after testing it quite a bit which made it feel strong but not fall-asleep-easy-mode since a game without challenge is usually not fun. Hope that makes sense

I didn't mean add those effects as well as the current ones, I meant change the current ones to this. But anyways, the weapon itself is pretty great :)
VanguardOfValor

Postby VanguardOfValor » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:10 am

It's funny, I spent most of the game thinking that I was going to have a hard time against the boss, but those Venom Cannons absolutely wreck the flagship. So much fire!

Thanks again for making such a fun ship!
Various Valorous Videos, should you be interested...
RetryAgain

Postby RetryAgain » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:31 pm

I'm very interested in playing around with this ship, but I don't want to lose my Kestrel... Is there any way it can not overwrite other ships?