[MODDING] Ship: Duality Cruiser & Merchant Cruiser

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Kenshkrix

Re: [MODDING] Ship: Duality Cruiser & Merchant Cruiser

Postby Kenshkrix » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:55 pm

therunawaybros615 wrote:There is no mod that allows you to sell items

Have you never been to a store?
I'm gonna have to try these out, personally, looks interesting.
Kieve

Postby Kieve » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:45 pm

Kenshkrix wrote:

I think he meant by way of "trade goods." Selling weaponry or augments is kind of a no-brainer. And... on the off-chance I'm wrong and he genuinely does not know you can sell those things to a shop, well, I suppose he knows now right? :lol:
Zebo12345

Postby Zebo12345 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:20 am

I think it's fair. If you open all the doors on the left, and have an anti-personnel drone ready, then you can combat them. The system repair drone is so you can repair damaged systems that they attack. I think it's a cool and interesting idea, and it makes boarders easier to handle. I think that this adds a cool kind of challenge. It seems like a fun mod and I really am interested. :D

Also, I'm no modder, so I was wondering if anyone can make a ship with a 2x3 teleporter. It would be great. I love the teleporting game style, and I always think it's devastating to have 4 mantises attack at once. I want to make it six mantises. The balance would be that you could have a max of 2 crew to operate your ship if you just go all in on the teleporter. 8-)
alextfish

Postby alextfish » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:08 pm

You should check out my Starcraft mod thread. The Medivac already starts with a 4-space teleporter plus Healing Burst, but the Terran units are only marines, marauders and SCVs (humans, Rock and Engi). The Zerg troop transport will be the Overlord/Overseer, and it won't have any shields either (like Medivac doesn't); I wasn't quite sure what I was going to do to give it a chance of surviving, but maybe I could try the 6-space teleporter as a compensatory plus side. The Zerg get zerglings (Mantis) and infestors (Slug), so that'll be quite an effective boarding force... scary, in fact :shock:

I think therunawaybros may have missed the Merchant Cruiser's "Trade Goods" augment. (Easy to do, because this irritating forum chops images off halfway along. Take another look at the full image. I think this cruiser sounds fun - I plan to give it a try.)
Last edited by alextfish on Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Many years ago I created the FTL Starcraft mod: 18 new challenging ships to fly through the FTL universe!, and wrote a tutorial on creating your own FTL ships. They haven't been updated for AE though.
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:33 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGDYzbVh ... e=youtu.be

I rather njoyed the Duality, seriously a nice ship
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
Weltall Zero

Postby Weltall Zero » Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:19 pm

I love the idea for the Duality, actually. Can't understand why most people seem to miss that the entire point of the ship is to provide a challenge. I mean, "solving" it by teleporting freely between the sections? What's the point then?
DCChuckles

Postby DCChuckles » Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:26 pm

Could you add an image of the Merchant Cruiser? And how did you make the new augment, is it just a normal augment with no effect magnitude?
Dugatee

Postby Dugatee » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:11 am

therunawaybros615 wrote:
Kenshkrix wrote:

Sure, there's the store, but that doesn't really count.

How does it not count? You can sell augmentations at a store, trade goods is an augmentation!
Dugatee

Postby Dugatee » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:14 am

therunawaybros615 wrote:Precisely Kieve. Trading goods has not been implemented. I knew of selling Augments and weapons. But that does not really count.

Are you stupid or something?
boa13

Postby boa13 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:44 am

Why are you quoting three-months-old messages, only to insult their authors?

Please keep forum rule #3 in mind.
Forum janitor — If you spot spam, PM me the URL and/or the username of the spammer.
I have powers, moderator powers. I am not keen on using them, but will do so if needed.