[TOOL]FTLEdit: FTL Ship editor [v0.95 11th Jan] Open source!

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
StormySunrise

Re: [TOOL]FTLEdit: FTL Ship editor [v0.88] (Please test!)

Postby StormySunrise » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:08 am

Hey i have a problem with this, i download FTLdat from the options and it puts it in my C drive program files but it doesnt go to the FTL game folder and when i click make form existing ship it says you need blueprint.XML which i dont know where it is and i searched my FTL folder and nothing matches Help?
TurtleLuigi

Postby TurtleLuigi » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:28 am

Darkfrost wrote:If the cmd windows that pop up disappear instantly, it should atleast take a few seconds, something probably went wrong (Let me know if this happens)

I don't know if this problem has been answered, And I'm a derp at finding the post(probably is :roll: ). But I'm yeah having this issue.

I've been searching for the answer for an hour now.
I've been really looking forward to making ships. T^T
Tassyr

Postby Tassyr » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:39 pm

erm, so yeah. I get the flash-and-gone error on the CMD window plus something new

despite the fact that I have extracted the files apparently, it insists it has no idea where
C:\program files(86x)\GOG.com\Faster Than Light\data\\blueprints.xml is.

Why is there a double slash? Also how do I freaking find this file? XP
alextfish

Postby alextfish » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:29 pm

You'll need to find an uncompressed version of data.dat and resources.dat. If you've used GMM there should be ones in your "resources" directory called "data.dat-unpacked". Point FTLEdit at that directory.
Many years ago I created the FTL Starcraft mod: 18 new challenging ships to fly through the FTL universe!, and wrote a tutorial on creating your own FTL ships. They haven't been updated for AE though.
Zebo12345

Postby Zebo12345 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:01 am

Every time I export a ship as a .ftl file, the ship loads right, and everything works, exept that the rooms get messed up. Should I not add extra doors? Is it because I put more than 4 crew members? Is it the programs fault? Did I not install correctly?
*Edit*
Nevermind, I can fix the issue. (Still don't know what causes it though.)
And is there a way to change the starting power you have?
Ginger Dragon

Postby Ginger Dragon » Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:38 pm

Zebo12345 wrote:And is there a way to change the starting power you have?

Change your .ftl file into a .zip, open it, and go into the data folder. From there look for "blueprints.xml.append", open it, look for "maxPower Amount" and just change that number to however much starting power you want.
Check out my youtube channel. I do FTL mod playthroughs, as well as all kinds of other assorted games.
http://www.youtube.com/user/GingerDragon87?feature=mhee
thashepherd

Postby thashepherd » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:07 pm

Zebo12345 wrote:Every time I export a ship as a .ftl file, the ship loads right, and everything works, exept that the rooms get messed up. Should I not add extra doors? Is it because I put more than 4 crew members? Is it the programs fault? Did I not install correctly?
*Edit*
Nevermind, I can fix the issue. (Still don't know what causes it though.)
And is there a way to change the starting power you have?

Keep in mind that you still need to manually create a <shipname>.xml file; the top line has a lot to do with where the ship image shows up. (Location in <shipname>.xml moves the ship image TL point, and location in <shipname>.txt moves the layout relative to that - but this is IIRC, I may have them reversed) If you're only editing the location of the layout via <shipname>.txt thru FTL SE, then the results might not make as much sense.
You are the weak, and I am the tyranny of evil men - but I'm trying, I'm trying real hard to be the shepherd.

"Wow, that Kieve guy is one angsty nerd eh."
Sonata - "Best use of Common Lisp in an indie space roguelike!"
TurtleLuigi

Postby TurtleLuigi » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:01 pm

Guy on the Last Page wrote:
Darkfrost wrote:If the cmd windows that pop up disappear instantly, it should atleast take a few seconds, something probably went wrong (Let me know if this happens)

I don't know if this problem has been answered, And I'm a derp at finding the post(probably is :roll: ). But I'm yeah having this issue.

I've been searching for the answer for an hour now.
I've been really looking forward to making ships. T^T
Darkfrost

Postby Darkfrost » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:54 pm

Love FTL? Wish you could fly around in the USS Enterprise, the Tardis, or a ship that looks just like your own face? Check out FTLEdit, a ship editor for FTL, so you can create your own custom ships and play them!
Don't forget to share them too! :)
ZiMMy

Postby ZiMMy » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:04 pm

BUG: Doesn't exit when closing window or pressing ALT+F4 (starting window).
Also "create from scratch" button throws an unhandled exception if can't find blueprints.xml.
Sorry for my really bad english.