[OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 5.4.4 Orchids Revamped

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
TheMultiverseTeam

Re: [OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 3.8 [The Giant Alien Spider Update]

Postby TheMultiverseTeam » Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:58 am

Oh boy thats a lot of questions lol. I'll try to answer them all but chances are I'll miss some...

First is simple... What is the goal of this mod gameplay? In CE it was Flagship (random). Does this mod have it too?

Yes, Multiverse is also all about getting to a final boss and killing it. The Flagship is changed a fair bit from vanilla but is also similar in a lot of ways.

Second. Are there such interesting parts of CE like:?

weapon prefixes - nope, endless loot is a very large systematically generated addon for CE that we have not yet attempted because the base mod is not complete
additional music - yes, for certain sectors. We are still working on other music but it is not a high priority. at the moment
space stations - yes
artillery for every player ship - this is WIP. It takes a long time to make artilleries for every player ship, especially when we have around 100 of them at the moment.
graphical improvements and backgrounds - yes, there are many new generic backgrounds to find plus special backgrounds for certain events
new hazards - sort of. CE's custom hazards are unbalanced dogshit so nothing of the sort, we're mostly waiting for hyperspace to add more functionality for REAL custom hazards.
trading - CE's trading system is also pretty rubbish. We have a few ideas but it has not been implemented yet.
new weapons and drones - yes, there are many, but unlike CE we dont clutter stores with worthless junk.

What graphical improvements can be used along your mod. My current mod list is:

Most mods will not work with Multiverse, including graphical ones. I highly recommend not patching ANY additional mods excluding specific Multiverse addons to prevent problems.

I was doing some expansion for Socializing part of CE. I did one for all races except Lanius, Ghost and Crystals. It included many new outcomes, risks, potentials to buff your ship etc. I planned to finish it, but seeing your mod I can share the code. You can use my ideas if you like.

We are currently reworking our crew socialization system to allow you to talk to crew as many times as you want at a beacon. This however means they will only provide flavor and no actual benefits because you'll be able to do other things as well. I'm also not a big fan of CE's flavor text, it's very bland and uninteresting.

Last thing... Once I had an idea to make some crew (random, but with some race specific presets) able to carry stuff with them, upgrading their abilities. For example tools for better fixing, different guns for better boarding etc. This stuff would be rare and only possible to get while boarding or in the shop. Maybe some new abilities could be get like head shielding to avoid mind control for example? Would this be possible with new tools?

This is not currently possible, but you could always request it with the hyperspace people.

5.All ships have missing junks after destroying, including player ship.

Missing gibs are known. These take a considerable amount of time to make, and we have around 500 ships. Each ship needs roughly 4 gibs, if not more, which means we have a lot of gib backlog. These are coming eventually.

- 2nd sector is too easy; no ship had 2 shields, so with 3 lasers I just devastated them;

Enemy balancing is very close to vanilla. If enemies aren't scaling to have more shields earlier on there's not really anything that can be done about it.

- variety of 1st and 2nd sector events should be bigger, because they are played the most; it should be priority before new content; for now it is too boring;

I'm not really sure what you mean, there is at the very least the same number of events as vanilla, plus a lot more. Additionally, the 2nd sector is randomized so it's not like you'd experience the same events every time regardless.

- additional jobs assignments should be better explained; are they worth? I sent 2 man, in empty beacon to discover the map and the fleet rush by 2 jumps! Map was not worth such a lose of distance; CE had the same problem;

The job text warns you that it will take 2 jumps to complete. The idea is the lowest amount of crew is very inefficient, but when you have more crew of the same type you can complete things more efficiently.

- it would be good to have few more backgrounds to not to get the same one each few jumps; variety, variety and once more variety;

Vanilla only has like, 5 backgrounds. We add 27 new ones... so I'm not really sure how this can be an issue.

- slavery should be resolved like in CE, so you cannot get slave as crew without penalty, unless it is very rare situation when it is volunteer after fight;

Ce's morality system is very under-thought. FTL is not a game about morals, and technically nothing implies that the crew has to be kept as a slave. I do not intend to add features that punish the player for playing the game.

- is it possible to add tooltip for enemy weapons? I don't know they abilities, there's no wikia, so it would be good to have at least some overall info on hovering, for example "fast reloading basic missile weapon". It would help a lot!

This is not currently possible.

- are there any blue options related to crew; I had nothing for human or engi so far;

There are still all of the vanilla events, plus new ones.

- event about exploring asteroid field should take you to it; it is strange when you count risk exploring it, and it is not showing up after clicking;

This is a vanilla event, I have not edited it.

- nice new UI stuff; do you plan to add something like Shiny!

I don't plan on adding too much UI stuff, as in previous projects many people have complained about them.

- I like new health bar for player; enemies should have similar one;

The player health bar is only this way because some ships do not have the standard 30 health, which messes with the notches. Since the enemy bar will expand accordingly, I don't intend to edit it.

- I like hacker sector; signal stations should have more variety of destroy events, because they are very often met (I met them 3 times in one sector);

There are already 6 outcomes for this. I don't think there's many more I can make that would really fit the context.

Can you post me base picture for Shell and Orchid crew type? I made Score file for CE using those, and I want to make similar for Multiverse

2.Lots of hulls have rooms not fitting the actual hull;

This is more or less known. Sometimes rooms will go outside a bit, it's not really a big concern of mine, because sometimes its hard to fit enough rooms within some sprites.

7.It says you unlocked Engi ship. Which one? :)
9.It allows to click new unlocked ship, shows empty hangar and runs destroyed ship sound;

This ship is currently unfinished, it'll come in a later update.

8.Unnecessary text space;

This is just a text wrapping issue with the way the game handles the text. Nothing I can do about it unfortunately.

- I love engineer crew! So much flavour. Is this the only event when you get such? Are there other unique crew types?

There are many different crew types, such as human medics, rockmen outcasts, engi separatists, etc. Engineers are generally rebel oriented, but they're easiest to find automated shipyard sectors.

- add more options to those bloody giant spiders :)

Giant alien spider update is coincidentally the one that comes out today, which completely reworks the event.

- the more crew the better the effect; from 1 to 5 for example;

this is already how it works.

- jesus, why delay; it's an empty beacon, you have plenty of time normally devoted on fighting and doing event's stuff so there should be no delay at all; scrap or other cost is enough;

the delay is for balancing. I rebalance these options frequently, but the crew jobs aren't the main focus of empty beacons anyways. These options are merely here to present somewhat situational advantages for crew or equipment to make empty beacons less worthless.

- more personalization for each race: why Mantis can fix something? IT would be better to give them personal training option. Make them different;

Mantis repair worse at empty beacons. Training options via events are not currently possible either.

2.This whole menu at the beginning breaks the spirit of every design; This should be drone carrier, and you get laser on start...

The idea of the start game menu is to mitigate the disadvantages of the ships with large flaws. Personally I don't think any of the options are unbalanced.

You must work on ship balance; Multiverse A is much stronger than said engi ships. 2 dual shot lasers, one of them piercing, nice crew, good modules. Comparing to weak Sep A, which is old Engi B, the weakest ship ever in all mods... You should lower the op-ness of strongest ships to make them relatively equal at start. With Mul A it is not a problem to reach sector 3, 4. With Sep A, it is succes to leave sector 1 :) Balance of the ships is thing that lacks in vanilla, in CE and in all other mods. Try to not continue this tradition.

I mean, we have almost 100 player ships. Some ships are meant to be stronger, and some weaker. This is a mod after all, so I want to focus more on ships with unique challenges or strategies. Some people find other ships stronger than others. When a ship has a glaring issue I'll fix it, but for most of them Im satisfied with the current balance.

- how many lvls crew can get? Once in CE I suggested to increase the cap, but it was not possible. Lvls could be green --> cyan --> yellow --> orange --> red -->purple; it would create new possibilities with certain elites starting at higher lvls;

It is impossible to add additional levels. Crew still go up to the "yellow" level as in vanilla.

- can you add new bars? For cloacking system + control, for speed trained in special way;

some systems, such as cloaking, do have new bars. However, many systems have their effects hard-coded, and in some cases adding new bars break UI.

- can you add possibility to gather repair experience by fixing hull breaches? May at lower rate for example 3 hull breaches = 1 standard repair;

this is not currently possible.
TheMultiverseTeam

Re: [OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 3.8 [The Giant Alien Spider Update]

Postby TheMultiverseTeam » Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:01 am

The giant alien spider update is ready!

Code: Select all

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
 SPECIAL THANKS:
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Moreorlesser: Drew the spider crew sprites, and is now an official part of the dev team.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
 NEW FEATURES:
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Added Giant Alien Spider, Spider Hatchling, Spider Weaver, and Spider Queen crew.

Added the Spider Cruisers.

Added the Brood enemies.

Updated the loading bar to feature the spiders.

Remade the Spider event in vanilla, which only spawns in the Coreworlds now.

Changed Conservative weapons to give more details about the weapons themselves.

Added a defense drone blue option to the starship mine event.

Removed the teleporter from most of the Engineer enemies.

Reduced mining beam system damage by 1 and breach chance down to 40%.

Improved the Crystal Outrider and Trapper sprite.

Added several spider blue options for existing events.

Added the ability to upgrade special systems in the last stand as well.

Swapped out Smuggler C's lifeform scanner for a scrap arm.

Removed the disclaimer from the Engi encounter in the last stand.

Decreased the Crystal Stun's power usage.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
BUG/ISSUE FIXES:
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Fixed some tpyos.

Fixed some cloak offsets.

Fixed the Detective event ending after clicking certain options

Fixed enemy bishops and suzerains not having armor for whatever reason.

Fixed Clansman C description.

Militia training event not ending the fight fixed.

Changed adaptive laser description to be less misleading.

Fixed the Orchid blue option in the flower picking event.

Fixed the Crystal nebula fight event using the wrong event text.

Defense drone blue options now recognize new drones.

Fixed the text in the Tuco event still referencing him being human.

Fixed the MFK Ace fight in the Zoltan Capitol not having a popup

Fixed Smuggler reinforcements spawning the default rigger.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
OTHER CHANGES:
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Updated the credits.
AgentTHeKat

Re: [OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 3.7 [The Militia Update]

Postby AgentTHeKat » Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:11 am

ahmedoo wrote:- is it possible to add tooltip for enemy weapons? I don't know they abilities, there's no wikia, so it would be good to have at least some overall info on hovering, for example "fast reloading basic missile weapon". It would help a lot!

Like kix said, there's no way for us to do that currently, but I did make this! I guess I haven't uploaded here yet, so hopefully it's helpful.
Note: this image on contains enemy weapons, not the player ones (since if you get a play-only weapon, then you can just look at the stats :)
This is already a little outdated, but everything is still mostly the same.
It's me, one of those Multiverse Devs!
Do you have a ship sprite you aren't sure about? Do you think it could be better, but aren't sure how?
Contact me on discord (AgentTheKat#1953), and I'll see what I can do! It's kind of my thing.
ahmedoo

Postby ahmedoo » Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:47 pm

First, thanks for your quick reply. I hope my screens will help you make the mod better :)

I understand you are shocked that I'm talking about more variety, but as you said, current one in your mod is compared to vanilla game. I almost didn't play vanilla. maybe few runs, and then I almost always played CE. I think, that there were more events, but maybe I'm mistaken. Anyways, on first mod page you mentioned about the limits. And here, I suppose there's much field to play. Beside adding more events you could expand/fix vanilla ones (like you did with spiders, what a coincidence!). More blue options are always good thing, especially in standard events played dozen of times. There are for sure places where you can add them, as well as base choices. As I said, first 1 or 2 sectors are crucial and played very, very often, so variety should be raised beyond vanilla, and beyond CE. Why not borrow some of the ideas from CE and adjust them to your mod? CE is dead anyways... you can always credit them. Same for backgrounds... After few plays I could see some awesome works you added, but still, you should expand base categories. And I mentioned about vanilla asteroid event, because I always felt it was broken without taking you to the asteoird field...

As of hazards from CE, I think you are too harsh... they did what was possible to add mentioned variety without tools you have now ;) Beside that, I don't see when Minefield sending 2-3 mines during regular combat time is broken. It is interesting way to incorporate some nice events with additional flavour. Same for icefields, ion fields or magnetic storm. Maybe black hole, or acid cloud were slightly op.

I understand why you are not thinking about random loot now, but I hope you will think of it in final stage of the mod.
Nice you have some ideas for trade. I agree, that trade in CE was slightly odd, but, like with hazards - they did what they could.

You also mentioned about junk weapons. I agree that some weapons were almost useless, but the beauty of such variety, from monster weapons to piece of junk, was possibility you won't find anything better. It was crucial to handle with boss with tools you could find in harsh territory, where there are not always floating magical weapons in space :P Sometimes I was shocked how some junk weapons, combined together, can beat the hard boss' ass. Anyways, some of the wepons you've added - like flame ion - are an interesting innovations. I read somewhere, that if you got Vulcan in vanilla, game was won. That is the risk of adding only high tier stuff. No challenge kills the game.

Sorry for my harsh opinion about job assignement. I now noticed that the number, I thought it was mistake, was number of men assigned to the job. Strange thing is, even if I had 3 human, I still could use 1, but I need more tests for that. But... I think you should take into account that having 3-4 engi or regular human, is not the same as having 1 elite engineer, so you should adjust their number in such events.

I hope you add both positive and negative consequences to the events (like the hacker station we talked about), cause no risk is kinda boring, when you always expect on of 6 positive results, so without though click "fight".

Maybe you could lower font tooltip to make it fit the window better? Is it possible?

Balance of the start is broken imo, because it destroys the "theme" of the ship. If ship is meant to be "solo suicide mission", then what is the point of recruiting one more crew from the start? If ship is meant to be drone carrier, then why give him easy to handle laser weapon, which can disable shields very quickly? You said it is for "mitigate the disadvantages" and later you said that you are happy with balance... so what is current situation ;P I mean, isn't there the other way to achieve the balance without breaking the theme? And I still think that two dual lasers right from start are OP. Substituting one with slower weapon/one shot laser should be enough to make the start harder, and equaling the chances with much harder ships.

I thought about slavery, because I get one crew each time I met slave ship (at least few times in a run to 5th sector). It was boring to have no problems with gathering the crew. If game is meant to be a challenge, then gathering crew should be well though. CE did one smart thing in that way. They created "contained" sector. It was sector with very high risk of death. But... it was also high risk of getting some refugess, sick people etc. Of course it was not guaranteed, You should be "prepared" for that to raise your chances. So, if you were desparete of getting crew, you waged the chances and decided to risk the mission for that. In your mod I feel that gathering 20 crew would not be a problem. Definitely, you should think of that. I remember that I won some unfortunate CE games with only 3-4 crew. And that was an unforgetable challenge!

I will think of suggesting some things to hyperspace as you said, but their site is infected and I'm not find of visiting them too often...

You should add one or two expantion only for events, choices, outcomes. Game is too boring if you get each 1st sector same events over and over and even don't read the intro texts, because you know them by heart.

I'm sorry, that I compare you to CE all the time... but imo CE was best mod for FTL, even with its cons. I hope you will get even better!

BTW: can you post me a picture for new spider race and some unmet ancients too? :P
ahmedoo

Postby ahmedoo » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:05 pm

I wanted to suggest mentioned things on Hyperspace forum, but still I get infection alert from antivir software. Do you experience the same? Is there other way to do that, or, if you have contact with those guys could pass the info? My comp hanged when I was longer on their site...

And questions:
- did you differentiated woman and man or made just human?
- do you plan to add minelayer type of weapon?

EDIT:
I noticed huge bug. New ships except MEV are not shown in stats page, which means their result cannot be tracked.

EDIT 2:
Bug 4 folder: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9tlemkig1fk0 ... V7eIa?dl=0
1.I got 2 events of this type in a row. That's why I think this mod lacks diversity...
2.Why I have time after fight with this ship? IT was not faster than other fights.
TheMultiverseTeam

Postby TheMultiverseTeam » Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:58 am

I'm sorry, that I compare you to CE all the time... but imo CE was best mod for FTL, even with its cons. I hope you will get even better!

Personally, I can't stand CE. It is, in my view, the worst "big" mod for FTL, and I disagree with nearly all of the choices that went into the mod. It doesn't make the game harder in a balanced way, it only arbitrarily makes the game more unfair for the player. Too much is RNG dependent or just plain unbalanced. Some people like it because it's more punishing, which it certainly is, but I don't like that type of gameplay. It takes the worst aspects of FTL and expands upon them. I don't really want to make Multiverse anything like CE... CE is more of a mod-pack - challenge mod, whereas I hope to make Multiverse more of an actual overhaul, completely changing the lore and flow of the game. I've never liked CE's absurdities and I don't plan on breaking the game balance like they did. Apologies if this isn't the kind of gameplay you're looking for, maybe Multiverse just isn't the right mod for you then, which is fine. To each his own.
I am aware Multiverse is a little easy at the current moment, and we're working on (balanced) ways of increasing the difficulty without tossing in unnecessary limitations on gameplay that won't punish the player for just playing the game.

You also mentioned about junk weapons. I agree that some weapons were almost useless, but the beauty of such variety, from monster weapons to piece of junk, was possibility you won't find anything better. It was crucial to handle with boss with tools you could find in harsh territory, where there are not always floating magical weapons in space :P Sometimes I was shocked how some junk weapons, combined together, can beat the hard boss' ass. Anyways, some of the wepons you've added - like flame ion - are an interesting innovations. I read somewhere, that if you got Vulcan in vanilla, game was won. That is the risk of adding only high tier stuff. No challenge kills the game.

Personally, I'd rather stay away from a larger variety for the sake of variety. I don't think adding more weapons that clutter stores really adds a challenge, just more RNG that the player can't prepare for... a curveball that even vanilla FTL struggles with. At least, that's how I've always viewed it.

Sorry for my harsh opinion about job assignement. I now noticed that the number, I thought it was mistake, was number of men assigned to the job. Strange thing is, even if I had 3 human, I still could use 1, but I need more tests for that. But... I think you should take into account that having 3-4 engi or regular human, is not the same as having 1 elite engineer, so you should adjust their number in such events.

Due to the way the jobs work, some options are only available for certain numbers. For instance, scrapping/hull repair is available at 1, 2, 4, 6, and 8 crew, and mapping is available at 2, 5, and 8 crew.

I hope you add both positive and negative consequences to the events (like the hacker station we talked about), cause no risk is kinda boring, when you always expect on of 6 positive results, so without though click "fight".

There is a notoriety in the mod at the moment, but it is only framework that will be expanded upon later. Considering vanilla doesn't have ANY long-term consequences other than the crystal quest, I don't really think it's something that's "missing". CE's morality system is something I've never liked and I don't intend to implement any consequences relating to your own crew leaving/mutinying.

I wanted to suggest mentioned things on Hyperspace forum, but still I get infection alert from antivir software. Do you experience the same? Is there other way to do that, or, if you have contact with those guys could pass the info? My comp hanged when I was longer on their site...

I'm not sure I know what you mean by Hyperspace's site. If you mean your computer detects the dll files are potentially harmful, this is usual. All computers generally warn you when downloading certain file types as this.

CE did one smart thing in that way. They created "contained" sector. It was sector with very high risk of death. But... it was also high risk of getting some refugess, sick people etc. Of course it was not guaranteed, You should be "prepared" for that to raise your chances. So, if you were desparete of getting crew, you waged the chances and decided to risk the mission for that. In your mod I feel that gathering 20 crew would not be a problem. Definitely, you should think of that. I remember that I won some unfortunate CE games with only 3-4 crew. And that was an unforgetable challenge!

The quarantined sectors have always seemed like a poor decision. Sometimes you get forced into a sector, and yet quarantined sectors can end your run without any input from the player by simply stealing your crew without any way to help it, other than medbay upgrades (and I dont count that, because the game shouldn't force the player to upgrade a non-critical system just so they can not die from something thrown at them.) I think the biggest risk for a sector should be enemy difficulty, but not with events that will steal crew or force damage.

And I still think that two dual lasers right from start are OP. Substituting one with slower weapon/one shot laser should be enough to make the start harder, and equaling the chances with much harder ships.

The start game event has never given dual lasers. In it's current state, it always gives a basic laser, which has 1 shot.
Maybe you could lower font tooltip to make it fit the window better? Is it possible?

Unfortunately this is not currently possible from modding. I believe FTL has a way to adjust in-game font sizes, though it might just be for events.

You should add one or two expantion only for events, choices, outcomes. Game is too boring if you get each 1st sector same events over and over and even don't read the intro texts, because you know them by heart.

Again, there is all of the vanilla 1st sector events + new ones for the 1st sector. I can't say for certain how many CE has, but I do know regardless of what mod you play the 1st sector always has the same event pool. New events take a while to write as well.

did you differentiated woman and man or made just human?

Vanilla FTL already separates the sprite sheets, but the crew type is the same.

- do you plan to add minelayer type of weapon?

There are already minelaunchers, but to prevent store clutter they can only be found when killing trapper class enemy ships in special encounters.

BTW: can you post me a picture for new spider race and some unmet ancients too? :P

1.I got 2 events of this type in a row. That's why I think this mod lacks diversity...

This is an occasional occurrence for defeating rebels. I cannot make it appear once per sector due to an issue with FTL and unique events in event lists for destruction events. Vanilla (and CE) don't add these types of occasional death events for generic encounters, so technically its more variety than usually offered.

2.Why I have time after fight with this ship? IT was not faster than other fights.

You are given extra time here because it is the exit beacon. I wanted an additional fight at the exit for the first sector as sort of an "entry level" test, but also wanted to make sure the player was guaranteed at least one "storage check" in the first sector if they didn't find any stores or regular empty beacons.

I noticed huge bug. New ships except MEV are not shown in stats page, which means their result cannot be tracked.

This is a known issue with hyperspace. It is because currently custom save files for mods are not possible. It should, in the future, hopefully be fixed, but for now there is nothing to be done about it.
ahmedoo

Postby ahmedoo » Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:25 am

TheMultiverseTeam wrote:

Personally, I can't stand CE. It is, in my view, the worst "big" mod for FTL, and I disagree with nearly all of the choices that went into the mod. It doesn't make the game harder in a balanced way, it only arbitrarily makes the game more unfair for the player. Too much is RNG dependent or just plain unbalanced. Some people like it because it's more punishing, which it certainly is, but I don't like that type of gameplay. It takes the worst aspects of FTL and expands upon them. I don't really want to make Multiverse anything like CE... CE is more of a mod-pack - challenge mod, whereas I hope to make Multiverse more of an actual overhaul, completely changing the lore and flow of the game. I've never liked CE's absurdities and I don't plan on breaking the game balance like they did. Apologies if this isn't the kind of gameplay you're looking for, maybe Multiverse just isn't the right mod for you then, which is fine. To each his own.
I am aware Multiverse is a little easy at the current moment, and we're working on (balanced) ways of increasing the difficulty without tossing in unnecessary limitations on gameplay that won't punish the player for just playing the game.
Maybe you are right. I'm kinda masochist when playing rogue-likes and that's why I like CE. Maybe I will continue my work on socializing there and add event or two later on. I'm not aware of more stuff that would be coded, but it would be nice to add some stuff allowed by Hyperspace too there. Maybe some day... Anyway, we'll see how your mod expands.

TheMultiverseTeam wrote:

I'm not sure I know what you mean by Hyperspace's site. If you mean your computer detects the dll files are potentially harmful, this is usual. All computers generally warn you when downloading certain file types as this.
When I enter their site, from the link you provided in mod page, I got troyan alert. Each time. Download links are clean. When I was longer on their forum site, my comp literally hanged...

TheMultiverseTeam wrote:
And I still think that two dual lasers right from start are OP. Substituting one with slower weapon/one shot laser should be enough to make the start harder, and equaling the chances with much harder ships.

The start game event has never given dual lasers. In it's current state, it always gives a basic laser, which has 1 shot.
I was thinking of two dual shot lasers on MEV. Additional one from starting event is other topic.
TheMultiverseTeam

Re: [OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 3.9 [The (Hopefully) Balanced Update]

Postby TheMultiverseTeam » Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:31 pm

Hopefully balanced update! It is hopefully balanced. Now much more else to be said.

Code: Select all

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
 SPECIAL THANKS:
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

JumboCarrot - Making the Separatist Explore and Battle theme.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
 NEW FEATURES:
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

You can now talk to as many crew as you want at the same empty beacon AND do other things!

Modified system prices and upgrade prices.

Added new music for Separatist Sectors, courtesy of JumboCarrot.

Added in discord support for more of the new ships, so people can see what ship you're playing with if you're on any of the more

recent versions!

Added Clonebay and Medbay level 4.

Swapped Zoltan B and C.

The Asphyxiator now can be used on any level of enemy oxygen, but requires more power depending on how many levels you activate it

for.

Added the C-D Toggle Drone and edited the A-B Toggle Drone.

Increased the cooldowns of all stun ions (except the vanilla one) by 2 seconds.

Decreased Spider evolution costs.

Decreased Crystal Vengeance selling price.

Increased the number of elite crew on enemy ships.

The Federation Sector Miniboss now shows you the ship before you fight it.

Updated Spider/Hatchling descriptions to clarify that they can be evolved.

Added Crystal Pirates.

Improved enemy Duskbringer Devotee AI when using their suicide ability.

Monk cruiser now spawns one of the crew in the doors instead of the weapons to save you a few seconds of having to move him.

Added 22 new splashes.

Decreased the severity of the darkening on Zoltan A.

Added a disclaimer to the Piercing Torch description to explain the wonky shield piercing stat.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
SHIP REBALANCES:
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Multiverse A now starts with an Orchid, but 2 less starting power and one less level in engines.

Multiverse B now has 2 less starting power, and a basic laser and charger+ instead of two charger+'s.

Multiverse C now has a basic laser instead of a stun ion mk 2.

Gave spider type B a small bomb.

Increased Fed C starting power.

Pleasure B now has a phase ion.

Pleasure C now starts with 2 phantoms.

Smuggler B now has a unique lure augment that lets you track down elites for a fleet boost.

Duskbringer A only starts with energy weapons now.

Zoltan C (originally Zoltan B) now has 2 less starting power, and the EMP field is now a locked augment.

Engi A now has an ion mk 2 and a cloaked combat drone.

Engi C now has a toggle drone and an energy mk 1.

Lost Sun A has a leto instead of hades.

Kestrel C no longer has cloaking.

Rock C has one less engine level and 2 less starting power.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
BUG/ISSUE FIXES:
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Fixed some tpyos.

Fixed the event still allowing you to "upgrade" your teleporter at level 4.

Fixed the crystal reinforcements spawning the default rigger.

Fixed the monk temple having a combat check even when the repair ship doesnt attack.

Fixed the Duskbringer Revolt spawning a Duskbringer when fighting the Peacekeeper.

Fixed coalition loot tooltip.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
OTHER CHANGES:
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

With hyperspace's new functionality for non-standard room sizes, Multiverse adds in support for the following custom room sizes

(which means you will not have to make your own no-o2 symbols for these rooms if making a ship mod for Multiverse):
1x1, 3x3, 1x3, 3x1, 2x3, and 3x2.

Reworked the way last stand crew checks work, so now its tied to a hidden augment rather than separate events.

The internal name of the splashes has been changed to describe their text rather than a number.
PyriasNK

Re: [OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 3.9 [The (Hopefully) Balanced Update]

Postby PyriasNK » Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:58 pm

Hey, I just made an account to report a bug that I'm having with this mod.

Whenever a mantis crewmember goes on my ship (enemy or not), the game instantly crashes. I don't know what could be causing this, since I'm not using any mods other than Hyperspace and Multiverse (both at the latest version). This also happened on version 3.8.

Edit: It seems the game crashes every time a mantis comes into view. Maybe the graphics for it are missing somehow?
TheMultiverseTeam

Postby TheMultiverseTeam » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:30 pm

Note, as of the time of 3.9's release there has been 4 hotfixes. They have had the same link, but you will likely have to re-install. (these are all critical bug fixes, so I heavily recommend downloading the hotfix)

Hey, I just made an account to report a bug that I'm having with this mod.

Whenever a mantis crewmember goes on my ship (enemy or not), the game instantly crashes. I don't know what could be causing this, since I'm not using any mods other than Hyperspace and Multiverse (both at the latest version). This also happened on version 3.8.

Edit: It seems the game crashes every time a mantis comes into view. Maybe the graphics for it are missing somehow?

This is seemingly an issue with hyperspace, which broke the mantis anim base. I'll look into a way to fix it, but since its not directly caused by Multiverse I don't know what I can do about it...