[OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 5.4.4 Orchids Revamped

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Mositron

Re: [OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 3.2 [The Multiverse Update]

Postby Mositron » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:41 am

I´m liking the options when you start (loving that the first beacon is the hangar btw) but i think there should be a little more balanced, maybe i´m wrong but why should i pick anything else that a free crew member!? Sure it´s just a human but the other choices are a leto and a system repair drone, some ships can´t even use them because they have no missiles or drones.
Maybe add some variety so you can get different weapons, drones and so on or even let me choose them (basic laser, leto and ion blast for example)

Otherwise the one thing that always bothered me with the base game is that missiles are pretty much useless. You´ve done a few good things to make them usable but my question is how do you feel with the state of missiles launcher´s in general!?
JerC

Re: [OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 3.2 [The Multiverse Update]

Postby JerC » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:48 am

There's more than a Leto you can get from starting weapon. There's Mini beam, Ion blast, Heavy laser..

Besides, not all the same ships might want to pick the same option at start. Some need weapons more than crew.
Mositron

Postby Mositron » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:14 am

JerC wrote:There's more than a Leto you can get from starting weapon. There's Mini beam, Ion blast, Heavy laser..

Oh cool, didn´t know that. I thought so because the three times i picked a weapon it was always the leto and when i grabbed the drone (maybe threet times also) it was always system repair. So after the other 40 times i picked a crew member and it was always a human i assumed there is no different outcome.

JerC wrote:Besides, not all the same ships might want to pick the same option at start. Some need weapons more than crew.

I thought the weapon is always the leto so it didn´t make sense to pick it over a crew member except in very very special cases.
If there´s variety like you said everything is fine, just bad luck from my few try´s i guess ;)
TheMultiverseTeam

Postby TheMultiverseTeam » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:38 pm

A lot of people actually thought the starting weapon might be too strong cause it can give some pretty strong weapons like minibeams or pikes. For 3.4 I've narrowed it down to basic laser, small bomb, ion mk I, or mini flak. The crew member option is generally good but some ships need another starting weapon, so its more or less dependent on whatever the ship you're starting with needs. I could probably also make the weapon option give extra missiles too and drone option give some droneparts if that would help (though obviously the drone option is still useless if you don't have drone control.

Missiles are pretty... eehhhhhhhhhhh... balancing them is very very hard to do, there's not too much you can do to buff them for the player without also buffing them for the enemy.
Mositron

Postby Mositron » Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:33 pm

TheMultiverseTeam wrote:A lot of people actually thought the starting weapon might be too strong cause it can give some pretty strong weapons like minibeams or pikes. For 3.4 I've narrowed it down to basic laser, small bomb, ion mk I, or mini flak. The crew member option is generally good but some ships need another starting weapon, so its more or less dependent on whatever the ship you're starting with needs. I could probably also make the weapon option give extra missiles too and drone option give some droneparts if that would help (though obviously the drone option is still useless if you don't have drone control.

Yeah like i said above, i don´t know about the other weapons and always picked the leto if i ever choose weapons. So i think everything is fine especially if the pool is the four weapons you mentioned. Extra missiles/droneparts if you take the option sounds good imo. Can you tell me what are the drone options are except the system repair drone?

TheMultiverseTeam wrote:Missiles are pretty... eehhhhhhhhhhh... balancing them is very very hard to do, there's not too much you can do to buff them for the player without also buffing them for the enemy.

Ok, just wanted to know how you think about them. Like i also said, if you have a ship which is heavy in missile usage i think you make good decisions with the recycler module (thinking of rock a in vanilla which feels pretty bad)

So i asked also if there is a way to include ship specific stats, is this possible for you!? (just sth like a ship specific win/loo ratio for expample?)
TheMultiverseTeam

Postby TheMultiverseTeam » Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:50 pm

Start game drone pool as of 3.2 is combat I, cloaked scanner, or repair drone iirc. As of 3.3 (most likely releasing today) its breach combat, cloaked scanner, or repair drone, as of 3.4 (unreleased) it'll be breach combat, mini-defense, or repair drone.

Ship specific stats would be something hyperspace would have to add, so you'll probably have to direct that question towards them. Though MV and Hyperspace work in tandem, we are two separate dev teams.
TheMultiverseTeam

Re: [OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 3.3 [The Hyperspace Update #3]

Postby TheMultiverseTeam » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:57 pm

Version 3.3 is out! At long last, apologies for the 9 day wait!

HYPERSPACE 0.5 IS REQUIRED FOR VERSION 3.3+! MAKE SURE TO UPDATE YOUR HYPERSPACE

Code: Select all

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
 NEW FEATURES:
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Added Discord integration! Discord will now detect when you're playing Multiverse, and will display your current ship and sector.

Addes randomized splashes to the first screen.

Added Bishop Cruiser type C.

The Gyges (Bishop B) now has unique tech separate from the Hive text when you contact tully in the last stand.

Added more events to the first sector.

Added 2 new Engineer enemy ships.

Added the Anti-Person drone mk 2.

Added back the kestrel, stealth, and federation cruisers with new type B/Cs.

Redrew kestrel and stealth miniships, because the vanilla ones are terrible.

Added another Multiverse rebel enemy.

Added more pirates.

Added Mini-Flak

EMP Field no longer works agaisnt the Flagship, and cannot be found in Last stand stores either.

Boarding drones no longer target systems, and will seak out enemy crew instead. They also do more damage.

Crew drones slowly take damage from fires now.

Decreased resources gained from salvaging but also slightly increased scrap gain.

Made Kernel weapons more likely to be used by orchids.

Medics no longer require additional friendly to be in the room to use their ability.

When the flagship runs out of crew it will power off its oxygen.

Repair drones have 30 health.

Anti-Personnel drones now have 175 health.

Orchid A and B now start with lvl 2 doors.

Decreased the chance of auto-ships surrendering.

Non-Nebula sectors no longer can have nebulas at the start beacon.

Increased Pike 2 cooldown, but it also spawns on enemy ships now.

Separatist ships now have a crew limit of 6. Pleasure and Ghost Hunter C both have maxes of 10. Slug Cruisers have a max of 9. Civilian ships have a max of 11 and Militia ships have a max of 10.

Removed some of the less visible ghost customization options.

Crew now make phase noises when they ignore doors.

Flagship now uses invasion AI instead of sabotage AI.

Shortened Chain Focus's short identifying even more.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
BUG/ISSUE FIXES:
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Fixed some tpyos.

Fixed some missing combat checks.

FIxed the Garden-worlds start beacon not having a start label.

Fixed storage check not actually checking the storage.

Fixed reinforcement beacons having quest tooltips.

Fixed Elite Lanius drops.

Removed an event from Monk Refuge that was lagging and sometimes crashing.

Improved the Rebel Engineer ship sprites.

Auto-ship attacking the supply depot no longer spawns a regular rebel ship.

Fixed the null event creation logs that were being janky.

Regen armor no longer triggers Rock Armor blue options.

Fixed the Pre-store map purchase giving scrap instead of taking it.

Fixed the broken Chain missile tooltip.

Fixed the rockman buying missiles buying drones instead.

Fixed an offset issue with the monk music battle track.

Fixed the Federation Memorial using the wrong background.

Fixed Coalition Ships having the slug last stand entry text.

Fixed the pirate encounter in the terraforming event not spawning a ship.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
OTHER CHANGES:
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Compressed the background images to take up less space, hopefully reducing strain on older computers.

Restructured stuff in hyperspace.xml to work with 0.5
TheMultiverseTeam

Re: [OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 3.4 [The Crystalline Update Part 1]

Postby TheMultiverseTeam » Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:35 pm

3.4 is ready for release! Last time you had to wait 9 days, now you have to wait a little less than 24 hours.

Code: Select all

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
 NEW FEATURES:
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Added the New-Founded Crystal Homeworlds (regularly spawning hostile sector).

Added 7 new Crystal events.

Added the Crystal Trapper (using a placeholder sprite) and the crystal minelauncher.

Added the loot crystal transport.

Added the Engineer Cruiser and Monk Cruiser.

Improved the Engineer Mothership sprite.

Added Elite Crystal ships and weapons.

Added socialization for Orchid Chieftains.

Zoltan Monks can now pray to the great eye for a chance at better rewards.

Changed Engi C's loudout.

Added more enginer enemies.

Decreased Pierce Laser's cooldown slightly.

Buffed Heavy Crystal Mk 2 by increasing stun chance, decreasing cooldown, and decreasing price.

Stun Crystal, Crystal Flak, and Crystal Chargegun now have modified rarity in crystal sectors.

Added a blue option for anaerobic crew in the gas event.

Added back the vanilla crystal surrender text, as well as more alternative surrender possibilities. Additionally, you can now

negotiate better surrenders using crystalline crew.

Pleasure A now starts with a Zoltan Shield Bypass.

Added the Conservative drone.

Nerfed the sentinel death damage.

Decreased the amount of weapons that can be rolled from the start game weapon event.

Improved the Anti-Bio ion sprite. [a.k.a big ion]

The Flagship now uses medbay instead of clonebay.

The "base" layer for saboteurs now turns invisible while cloaked.

Added more splash texts.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
BUG/ISSUE FIXES:
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Fixed some tpyos.

Fixed some missing combat checks.

Fixed ion storms not working with the reality manipulator.

Modified the Duskbringer cruisers to have the exact same number of pixels as the zoltan cruisers.

Fixed the Lost Sun judge not giving anything for the flak blue option.

Fixed the suspicious ship event not working as intended.

Fixed the recycler weapond dismantling options all referring to recycler bombs.

Fixed overlapping rooms on the Engineer Carrier.

Fixed casper not being a phantom.

Fixed the Coalition loot missile.

Breeding medics now gives a regular human instead of a medic.

Removed the disclaimer on loot weapons as it no longer applies.

Fixed the hostile ship at the rock temple not attacking.

Fixed nebula sectors not having nebulas at the start beacon.

Ion Stunner Chaingun+ no longer appears in stores.

Fixed the pre-store crate event giving you scrap.

Fixed the Engineer repair job options not using the right text.

The Proto-MV Drive no longer displays the warning for "Ultra Adv. Nav"

Fixed the defender shield losing the bottom half during some animations.

Fixed Orchid Chieftains not having a color layer.

Fixed the Panic Button not insta-killing ancient ships.

Removed some errant pixels from the Crystal enforcer.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
OTHER CHANGES:
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Pirate ship lists load the race specific lists directly. This should have no effect on gameplay but will make sure all of the

necessary ships can be encountered.

Added the EH miniships to the rich presence app so that their ships will load on discord when using the EH addon.
Mositron

Re: [OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 3.4 [The Crystalline Update Part 1]

Postby Mositron » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:42 pm

The advanced respirators (pre installed on the gaston) doesn´t seem to work, just got a zoltan which still suffocated.
TheMultiverseTeam

Postby TheMultiverseTeam » Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:32 pm

Added a new addon to the addon section, created by Witherbottom, which reworks Engi B and the drone fabricator augment.
You can watch him play the ship (and MV) here; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b89LqJNL7zc