[10-in-1 Ship Pack] Holy Crap! vAE.1.1 + 3 bonus artillery-based weapon ships

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
RAD-82

Re: [Ship] Holy Crap! vAE.1 + Chain Vulcan 900 vAE.1

Postby RAD-82 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:07 pm

Sleeper Service from the preview topic wrote:I hope it will start with a BLII that shoots tiny BLII's as projectiles.

I made another Chain Vulcan ship. This one is an artillery ship, which shoots Chain Vulcans as projectiles. Download is at the bottom of the first post.

Since it is artillery, it is harder for the enemy to disable it, so I guess that makes it easier to win. I haven't actually played it beyond making sure some things worked.

This ship is smaller than the other Vulcan in the main mod, and it isn't a stealth ship, so it should be easier.

This ship is special! :D I think this is what DryEagle was talking about before for animated hulls, but if it is, then it is rather limiting. It is sufficient for this ship.

edit: I think I should've started the artillery at level 3 instead of 4, as that is still under 2 seconds per shot when the chain-gauge is full. Given that this is a gimmick ship, I'm probably not going to bother with weakening the ship like that. I do like it starting out at the normal vulcan rate.
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:56 am

I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:01 pm

Thank you. I like this Vulcan more than the other ten weapons that I made in the main mod. It's so cool to see the whole ship move like that. Unfortunate end, though. It was almost a double KO.
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:11 pm

RAD-82 wrote:Thank you. I like this Vulcan more than the other ten weapons that I made in the main mod. It's so cool to see the whole ship move like that. Unfortunate end, though. It was almost a double KO.

Oh god yes, seriously so close I wanted to beat it, more so since I've never seen that event before
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
RAD-82

Re: [Ship] Holy Crap! vAE.1.1 + Chain Vulcan 900 vAE.1

Postby RAD-82 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:21 pm

YouTube video by Biohazard063 has been added to the first post. This picture here links to part 1.

This shows how little I tested my ships. Version AE.1.1 fixes the medbay issue found in this video.
BrenTenkage

Re: [Ship] Holy Crap! vAE.1.1 + Chain Vulcan 900 vAE.1

Postby BrenTenkage » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:05 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaSfMJTIHn4

I meant to schedule this video not upload it, but whoops. Well here it is, the other 2 I did on this mod pack will be out next month so keep an eye out. I love it

one suggestion do a pack for CE or Arsenal, same idea just different weapon packs, I think it could be fun
RAD-82

Re: [Ship] Holy Crap! vAE.1.1 + Chain Vulcan 900 vAE.1.1 + Flak Gun Mark II Big vAE.1

Postby RAD-82 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:25 pm

A new Flakship has entered the battle. Introducing the Flak Gun Mark II Big! (Too big?... I know, it isn't a very good name.)

The ship adds an event to the start beacon of vanilla sectors, so overhaul mods are not recommended. This event is important for the master flakker.
It's OP, starting with all the weapons that you need, so I started it weak in other areas, such as no doors, no sensors, and no oxygen. Augments should compensate for the lack of systems.

-----

Oh. I guess I also updated the Chain Vulcan 900 about six days ago and didn't mention anything about it. :roll: It was missing some things related to the custom artillery, and I also buffed it a little bit in the engines and gave the artillery a major buff by adding a 5th level, but it is expensive to buy.
BrenTenkage

Re: [Ship] Holy Crap! vAE.1.1 + Chain Vulcan 900 vAE.1.1 + Flak Gun Mark II Big vAE.1

Postby BrenTenkage » Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:39 am

RAD-82

Re: [10-in-1 Ship Pack] Holy Crap! vAE.1.1 + 3 bonus artillery-based weapon ships

Postby RAD-82 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:04 pm

A new weapon is floating in space, and it isn't alone.

What is scarier than a Burst Laser II?
Double Burst Laser II!

I wasn't quite sure how to make an effective artillery out of the BL2, so I doubled it instead; more shots instead of faster cooldown.

For some unknown reason, I made custom starting weapons and scripted some events around them. If you take the risk, you will be rewarded when you reach sector 8.