Game does not save

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
Morbiusbr

Game does not save

Postby Morbiusbr » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:13 am

Hello I need some help.
I Spent some time away from the game but as I started to play again it was always reversing to the same save file. I manually deleted the save file but it simply does not save at all now, do you know know how to fix that?

Oh, I already tried to reinstall the game, delete achievements e turn off steamcloud and it did not fix it.

I also sent an email to techsupport@ftlgame.com
isla

Re: Game does not save

Postby isla » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:52 pm

Hi there,

Got your email. Just sent back a response.
isla

Postby isla » Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:27 pm

Hi Gidoza,

The very first thing to try in cases like this is to set the game to permanently run as an admin. To do this:

1. If you are using Steam, turn off Steam cloud sync for FTL (From your Steam Library, right-click on FTL and select "Properties."--> Click the "Updates" tab. --> Uncheck "Enable Steam Cloud synchronization for FTL." --> Click "Close.")

2. Go to the FTL installation folder, it should be somewhere like "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FTL Faster Than Light".

3. Set the game to permanently run as an admin by right-clicking on the "FTLGame" application, selecting "Properties". Next, go to the "Compatibility" tab and checking the box next to "Run this program as an administrator". Click "Apply" to save the change.

4. Run the game, then save and quit.

5. Restart then game, then click "continue" to make sure the game has saved your progress.
William299

Postby William299 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:54 am

isla wrote:Hi Gidoza,

The very first thing to try in cases like this is to set the game to permanently run as an admin. To do this:

1. If you are using Steam, turn off Steam cloud sync for FTL (From your Steam Library, right-click on FTL and select "Properties."--> Click the "Updates" tab. --> Uncheck "Enable Steam Cloud synchronization for FTL." --> Click "Close.")

2. Go to the FTL installation folder, it should be somewhere like "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FTL Faster Than Light".

3. Set the game to permanently run as an admin by right-clicking on the "FTLGame" application, selecting "Properties". Next, go to the "Compatibility" tab and checking the box next to "Run this program as an administrator". Click "Apply" to save the change.

4. Run the game, then save and quit.

5. Restart then game, then click "continue" to make sure the game has saved your progress.

Thank you! This was a big help.
Jarale

Postby Jarale » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:13 am

For those of you who have upgraded to Windows 10 and run into this problem. I faced the exact same thing and tried everything in the posts. I did eventually find the problem was related to the WINDOWS DEFENDER that came as mandatory in the Windows 10 upgrade. In particular if you have set the Ransomware protection - Controlled folder access on. It prevents third party apps from writing or changing files in the user/documents folder as a standard which cannot be deleted. You will have to disable it in order for the program to write and change the files then reenable it after you finish. Hope that helps.

Cheers.