[OVERHAUL] Arsenal+ English Translation

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
mr_easy_money

Re: [OVERHAUL] Arsenal+ English Translation

Postby mr_easy_money » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:29 am

ZekEttek wrote:
mr_easy_money wrote:I've also added a "failsafe" mechanism to the overhaul and its addons, which will prevent you from patching mods in the wrong order and the like -- and best yet, you'll see the reason when the patching fails.

Oh, all I meant by "seeing why the patching fails" is that if something's wrong with the mod order, you'll get some message to let you know what the problem is. An error like this is due to some problem with one of the mods.
ZekEttek wrote:When I try and patch it this is the error I get. Is there a solution? I'm on a Mac.

Code: Select all

Patching failed: java.nio.charset.UnmappableCharacterException: Input length = 1

I'm not sure, but try getting the newest version of "Arsenal+ English.7z". I've been updating this file -- really just Base Data -- over the past week to fix several things. It may be possible I messed something up and then you downloaded it before the next update, in which case I apologize; I'll be more careful in the future. In any case, I updated it again roughly 3 hours ago: hopefully the new version of Base Data will fix the issue.

In the case it does not fix the issue, when the patching fails, please post the contents of the "modman-log.txt" file here. I'm not a Mac user, but I've run into this error before, and the full error log should at least give me some clue as to where the problem is.

I'm sorry the mod isn't working for you, but I'll do my best to figure out what's wrong. :)
Elwood

Postby Elwood » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:07 pm

Hey, thank you for the recent improvements to the mod.

One issue which I have noticed with using Ship pack 1 is a bug regarding the ship overlay such as this...

If you have any questions, please ask. I hope this helps.
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:19 pm

Elwood wrote:Hey, thank you for the recent improvements to the mod.

Thanks for playing! :D
Elwood wrote:One issue which I have noticed with using Ship pack 1 is a bug regarding the ship overlay such as this...

*snip*

If you have any questions, please ask. I hope this helps.

Thanks for reporting this. It must have had something to do with the new player ship changes (adding of artillery) coupled with re-adjustment for the Drone Targeting Glitch. Not sure why all ships aren't affected though. :?

I've fixed this floor bug by manually readjusting the floor placements of the affected player ships. I also fixed some problem with the Russst/Slug C that caused it to crash the game when selecting it in the hangar.

Also discovered (and fixed) a pretty bad bug in the Base Data, which would freeze the game upon destroying a regular automated ship.
ZekEttek

Postby ZekEttek » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:52 pm

mr_easy_money wrote:
ZekEttek wrote:
mr_easy_money wrote:In the case it does not fix the issue, when the patching fails, please post the contents of the "modman-log.txt" file here. I'm not a Mac user, but I've run into this error before, and the full error log should at least give me some clue as to where the problem is.

13:46:55.960 [AWT-EventQueue-0] DEBUG net.vhati.modmanager.FTLModManager - Slipstream Mod Manager v1.6
13:46:55.962 [AWT-EventQueue-0] DEBUG net.vhati.modmanager.FTLModManager - Mac OS X 10.10.5
13:46:55.962 [AWT-EventQueue-0] DEBUG net.vhati.modmanager.FTLModManager - Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM, 1.6.0_65, x86_64
13:46:56.032 [AWT-EventQueue-0] INFO  net.vhati.modmanager.FTLModManager - Using FTL dats path from config: /Users/BrammerFam/Desktop/Games Stuff/FTL.app/Contents/Resources
13:46:59.211 [Thread-5] INFO  net.vhati.modmanager.core.ModsScanThread - Background hashing finished.
13:46:59.501 [Thread-5] INFO  net.vhati.modmanager.core.ModsScanThread - Background metadata caching finished.
13:47:06.175 [AWT-EventQueue-0] INFO  net.vhati.modmanager.ui.ManagerFrame -
13:47:06.176 [AWT-EventQueue-0] INFO  net.vhati.modmanager.ui.ManagerFrame - Patching...
13:47:06.176 [AWT-EventQueue-0] INFO  net.vhati.modmanager.ui.ManagerFrame -
13:47:06.184 [Thread-7] INFO  net.vhati.modmanager.core.ModPatchThread - Restoring vanilla "data.dat"...
13:47:06.228 [Thread-7] INFO  net.vhati.modmanager.core.ModPatchThread - Restoring vanilla "resource.dat"...
13:47:16.376 [Thread-7] INFO  net.vhati.modmanager.core.ModPatchThread -
13:47:16.413 [Thread-7] INFO  net.vhati.modmanager.core.ModPatchThread - Installing mod: ARS - Base Resources v1.26.4 v1.ftl
13:47:19.370 [Thread-7] WARN  net.vhati.modmanager.core.ModPatchThread - Non-existent innerPath wasn't appended: data/text_misc.xml
13:47:22.047 [Thread-7] INFO  net.vhati.modmanager.core.ModPatchThread -
13:47:22.056 [Thread-7] INFO  net.vhati.modmanager.core.ModPatchThread - Installing mod: ARS - Base Data.ftl
13:47:28.177 [Thread-7] ERROR net.vhati.modmanager.core.ModPatchThread - Patching failed. java.nio.charset.UnmappableCharacterException: Input length = 1
   at java.nio.charset.CoderResult.throwException(CoderResult.java:261)
   at sun.nio.cs.StreamEncoder.implWrite(StreamEncoder.java:266)
   at sun.nio.cs.StreamEncoder.write(StreamEncoder.java:106)
   at java.io.OutputStreamWriter.write(OutputStreamWriter.java:190)
   at net.vhati.modmanager.core.EOLWriter.write(EOLWriter.java:75)
   at net.vhati.modmanager.core.EOLWriter.write(EOLWriter.java:81)
   at java.io.Writer.write(Writer.java:140)
   at org.jdom2.output.support.AbstractXMLOutputProcessor.write(AbstractXMLOutputProcessor.java:342)
   at org.jdom2.output.support.AbstractXMLOutputProcessor.printComment(AbstractXMLOutputProcessor.java:711)
   at org.jdom2.output.support.AbstractXMLOutputProcessor.printContent(AbstractXMLOutputProcessor.java:940)
   at net.vhati.modmanager.core.SloppyXMLOutputProcessor.printElement(SloppyXMLOutputProcessor.java:113)
   at org.jdom2.output.support.AbstractXMLOutputProcessor.printContent(AbstractXMLOutputProcessor.java:946)
   at net.vhati.modmanager.core.SloppyXMLOutputProcessor.printElement(SloppyXMLOutputProcessor.java:113)
   at org.jdom2.output.support.AbstractXMLOutputProcessor.printContent(AbstractXMLOutputProcessor.java:946)
   at org.jdom2.output.support.AbstractXMLOutputProcessor.printDocument(AbstractXMLOutputProcessor.java:533)
   at org.jdom2.output.support.AbstractXMLOutputProcessor.process(AbstractXMLOutputProcessor.java:191)
   at org.jdom2.output.XMLOutputter.output(XMLOutputter.java:822)
   at net.vhati.modmanager.core.SloppyXMLOutputProcessor.sloppyPrint(SloppyXMLOutputProcessor.java:165)
   at net.vhati.modmanager.core.ModUtilities.rebuildXMLFile(ModUtilities.java:297)
   at net.vhati.modmanager.core.ModPatchThread.patch(ModPatchThread.java:310)
   at net.vhati.modmanager.core.ModPatchThread.run(ModPatchThread.java:88)

13:47:43.656 [AWT-EventQueue-0] INFO  net.vhati.modmanager.ui.ManagerFrame -
13:47:43.657 [AWT-EventQueue-0] INFO  net.vhati.modmanager.ui.ManagerFrame - Patching...
13:47:43.657 [AWT-EventQueue-0] INFO  net.vhati.modmanager.ui.ManagerFrame -
13:47:43.657 [Thread-10] INFO  net.vhati.modmanager.core.ModPatchThread - Restoring vanilla "data.dat"...
13:47:43.688 [Thread-10] INFO  net.vhati.modmanager.core.ModPatchThread - Restoring vanilla "resource.dat"...
13:47:46.522 [Thread-10] INFO  net.vhati.modmanager.core.ModPatchThread -
13:47:46.522 [Thread-10] INFO  net.vhati.modmanager.core.ModPatchThread - Installing mod: ARS - Base Data.ftl
13:47:48.983 [Thread-10] ERROR net.vhati.modmanager.core.ModPatchThread - Patching failed. java.nio.charset.UnmappableCharacterException: Input length = 1
   at java.nio.charset.CoderResult.throwException(CoderResult.java:261)
   at sun.nio.cs.StreamEncoder.implWrite(StreamEncoder.java:266)
   at sun.nio.cs.StreamEncoder.write(StreamEncoder.java:106)
   at java.io.OutputStreamWriter.write(OutputStreamWriter.java:190)
   at net.vhati.modmanager.core.EOLWriter.write(EOLWriter.java:75)
   at net.vhati.modmanager.core.EOLWriter.write(EOLWriter.java:81)
   at java.io.Writer.write(Writer.java:140)
   at org.jdom2.output.support.AbstractXMLOutputProcessor.write(AbstractXMLOutputProcessor.java:342)
   at org.jdom2.output.support.AbstractXMLOutputProcessor.printComment(AbstractXMLOutputProcessor.java:711)
   at org.jdom2.output.support.AbstractXMLOutputProcessor.printContent(AbstractXMLOutputProcessor.java:940)
   at org.jdom2.output.support.AbstractXMLOutputProcessor.printDocument(AbstractXMLOutputProcessor.java:533)
   at org.jdom2.output.support.AbstractXMLOutputProcessor.process(AbstractXMLOutputProcessor.java:191)
   at org.jdom2.output.XMLOutputter.output(XMLOutputter.java:822)
   at net.vhati.modmanager.core.SloppyXMLOutputProcessor.sloppyPrint(SloppyXMLOutputProcessor.java:165)
   at net.vhati.modmanager.core.ModUtilities.rebuildXMLFile(ModUtilities.java:297)
   at net.vhati.modmanager.core.ModPatchThread.patch(ModPatchThread.java:310)
   at net.vhati.modmanager.core.ModPatchThread.run(ModPatchThread.java:88)

mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:08 pm

ZekEttek wrote:

13:46:55.960 [AWT-EventQueue-0] DEBUG net.vhati.modmanager.FTLModManager - Slipstream Mod Manager v1.6

This line tells me you're using an outdated version of Slipstream Mod Manager. The current version is 1.9.1. Link to Slipstream: viewtopic.php?t=17102
ZekEttek wrote:

13:47:06.184 [Thread-7] INFO  net.vhati.modmanager.core.ModPatchThread - Restoring vanilla "data.dat"...
13:47:06.228 [Thread-7] INFO  net.vhati.modmanager.core.ModPatchThread - Restoring vanilla "resource.dat"...
13:47:16.376 [Thread-7] INFO  net.vhati.modmanager.core.ModPatchThread -
13:47:16.413 [Thread-7] INFO  net.vhati.modmanager.core.ModPatchThread - Installing mod: ARS - Base Resources v1.26.4 v1.ftl
13:47:19.370 [Thread-7] WARN  net.vhati.modmanager.core.ModPatchThread - Non-existent innerPath wasn't appended: data/text_misc.xml
13:47:22.047 [Thread-7] INFO  net.vhati.modmanager.core.ModPatchThread -
13:47:22.056 [Thread-7] INFO  net.vhati.modmanager.core.ModPatchThread - Installing mod: ARS - Base Data.ftl
13:47:28.177 [Thread-7] ERROR net.vhati.modmanager.core.ModPatchThread - Patching failed. java.nio.charset.UnmappableCharacterException: Input length = 1

These lines tell me you're playing on an outdated version of FTL. The current version is 1.6.7. The current version of the Arsenal+ overhaul mod is incompatible with FTL 1.5.13 and prior... the error you've run into is a result of new letters that FTL 1.5.13 and prior cannot read. However, not having FTL 1.6.1 or higher would also cause other things to not work, changes to the data itself first introduced in FTL 1.6.1.

You'll need to update FTL and Slipstream before you can get the current version of Arsenal+ to work. Note that Slipstream v1.9.1 still supports FTL 1.5.13, so you should update anyway.
Elwood

Postby Elwood » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:25 pm

mr_easy_money wrote:Thanks for reporting this. It must have had something to do with the new player ship changes (adding of artillery) coupled with re-adjustment for the Drone Targeting Glitch. Not sure why all ships aren't affected though. :?

I've fixed this floor bug by manually readjusting the floor placements of the affected player ships. I also fixed some problem with the Russst/Slug C that caused it to crash the game when selecting it in the hangar.

Also discovered (and fixed) a pretty bad bug in the Base Data, which would freeze the game upon destroying a regular automated ship.

Thanks for the quick fix! Good luck with the mod.
ZekEttek

Postby ZekEttek » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:15 am

mr_easy_money wrote:This line tells me you're using an outdated version of Slipstream Mod Manager. The current version is 1.9.1. Link to Slipstream: viewtopic.php?t=17102
You'll need to update FTL and Slipstream before you can get the current version of Arsenal+ to work. Note that Slipstream v1.9.1 still supports FTL 1.5.13, so you should update anyway.

I just updated and its working now! Thank you so much!
Chrono Vortex

Postby Chrono Vortex » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:50 pm

mr_easy_money wrote:Image

That's some crazy shiz. I wish my brain cannon looked that good.

Anyway, there're a couple things I wanted to bring up. First of all, I'm totally fine with my stuff being used, though it would've been nice to have been notified. Second, all the "Tachyon Generator" weapons use animations which R4V3-0N originally intended to be for PPC weapons. I still have the sounds he was going to use for them saved here, and in my opinion they sound better than the ones the Tachyon Generators currently use. If it's not out of line for me to do so, I'd recommend replacing them.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
bamalf

Postby bamalf » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:01 pm

I listened to this and decided not to change the sounds in the Russian version of Arsenal. In translation, the last word remains with Mr. Easy Money.
Image Image Image
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:37 am

Dropping in to say that I give my permission for Arsenal+ to use my "Go Ballistic" assets as well as any additional assets that I had created such as the Tachyon.

I also have more sprites in the Works too which I also give permission for in the event you pick them up as well.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.