[WIP][MOD] FoF(Formation of the Federation)

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
AnAngryMantis

[WIP][MOD] FoF(Formation of the Federation)

Postby AnAngryMantis » Thu May 17, 2018 4:06 am

NOTE:THIS MOD IS NOT CURRENTLY AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD

So, what is Formation of the Federation. Did I just copy Whale Cancer's Foundation of the Federation? Did I just edit a version of CE? Is this all a clickbait title? No. This is a sort of continuation for Foundation of the Federation, which was never finished by it's original creator, Whale Cancer. It combines the core elements that made Foundation of the Federation (fleet modification) along with some new features, such as a trading system (largely inspired by CE), new environments, augments, and custom weapons, drones, events, and images. This mod is still in early development, and is not available for download as of right now. I'll be releasing a test version as soon as I can. However, until then, I'll have to leave you with this teaser.

WEAPONS

The Formation of the Federation weapons modification adds all types of weapons, from simple lasers:
To weapons of mass destruction(such as this three-shot heavy laser, and yes, the Engi B did get a huge buff and now starts with this):
However, be careful, as the enemies have access to these weapons as well! (You can see dual military lasers in action below on a pirate)

DRONES
The drone addon is quite unique as well, adding combat drones, such as this pike beam:

ENVIRONMENTS
This mod also adds various environments, both helpful and unhelpful. For example, this Planetary Defense Cannon. Cannons come in different types, HE and AP. AP focuses on hull damage, while HE sets fires.

ARTILLERY
Artillery is no longer limited to the Federation Cruisers, and each ship can now buy artillery systems at stores. Each ship has an artillery that fires different weapons.

SHIPS
Now, what would a mod be without ships? Above, you saw the Militia Defender, but there are many more. Take a look.
Elite Federation ships encountered in the Federation fleet
A rare crystal bounty hunter
A Zoltan Infiltrator

This also modifies player ships. Engi B has received a HUGE buff, changing it's weapon layout and adding an augment which allows the player to generate an shipboard AI crewman with 1 in all skills at an empty beacon. Other ships have had small weapon and loadout modifications. Speaking of which,

RACES
This mod adds a new type of crewman: Shipboard AI. These AI figures appear as transparent humans and have halved health, but also don't require oxygen. You can find them on Engi Ships

FEDERATION FLEET
The Rebel fleet is replaced by the Federation, which will provide aid and trade options when you jump into their midst. You will also find the Elite Federation ships shown above.
Last edited by AnAngryMantis on Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:03 am, edited 76 times in total.
AnAngryMantis

Old comment

Postby AnAngryMantis » Fri May 18, 2018 3:20 pm

Consider this comment deleted, alright? But that would be a waste of a comment, so let me tell you some information that took me hours of research to find out. Did you know that you can't fit a helicopter in your refrigerator? Wow! I know, right? :geek:
Last edited by AnAngryMantis on Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
fdagpigj

Re: (WIP)(MOD) FoF(Formation of Federation)

Postby fdagpigj » Sat May 19, 2018 6:39 pm

You know there's a separate subforum for Mod Development, right? Also, as of FTL 1.6.x you should no longer have separate data.dat and resource.dat files and instead only one ftl.dat file, so it might easily be (I didn't actually download your mod though so I'm not sure) that currently you're effectively limiting your audience to people who have kept a backup of the old version of the game (not that the experienced modders here wouldn't have done just that, but still). As far as making installation easy... read up on Slipstream Mod Manager, it's what everyone uses. In short though, you just need to make a zip that contains at the top level the data, img, and other folders. Then rename the file extension from zip to ftl, copy the file into SMM's mods folder, run SMM and install. I would recommend making a few smaller mods before going all out on a massive infinity project like this, it's not even like you won't be able to reuse your work later and now you're effectively dooming yourself to never finish a single FTL mod.
SomeFederationPerson

Re: [WIP][MOD] FoF(Formation of the Federation)

Postby SomeFederationPerson » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:17 am

Hmmmmmmmm, sounds interesting

You planning to add new ships?
AnAngryMantis

Postby AnAngryMantis » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:18 pm

Yeah, actually. Theres a new civilian transport ship thats colored with the color scheme of the fed cruiser b(I did not copy this from ce, as the colors are a bit different, but if that doesn't satisfy your anger, I did mention it in the credits) that you can encounter in a distress beacon fuel trading event, you can find an npc kestrel cruiser if you go into the Federation fleet along with some unused ships that you can find in the games files. I'm also planning on adding space stations, like captains edition, along with a changed final boss (not in the ship images, thats a big bother that I just can't figure out, and as I stated in the ships info section of general info, I am planning to add a fighter, bomber, and scout for most factions that need it. Great that you are somewhat interested. :) Also, could you provide a link for your final strike mod? It sounds interesting and nothing happened when I clicked on your signature photo. I also couldn't find anything when I searched for it.
SomeFederationPerson

Postby SomeFederationPerson » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:43 am

AnAngryMantis wrote:

Yeah, actually. Theres a new civilian transport ship thats colored with the color scheme of the fed cruiser b(I did not copy this from ce, as the colors are a bit different, but if that doesn't satisfy your anger, I did mention it in the credits) that you can encounter in a distress beacon fuel trading event, you can find an npc kestrel cruiser if you go into the Federation fleet along with some unused ships that you can find in the games files. I'm also planning on adding space stations, like captains edition, along with a changed final boss (not in the ship images, thats a big bother that I just can't figure out, and as I stated in the ships info section of general info, I am planning to add a fighter, bomber, and scout for most factions that need it. Great that you are somewhat interested. :) Also, could you provide a link for your final strike mod? It sounds interesting and nothing happened when I clicked on your signature photo. I also couldn't find anything when I searched for it.

Haha, unfortunately the Final Strike isn't Really a mod, I am however planning to add it as a future mod. However I am working on Project Coalition
Stormbringer

Postby Stormbringer » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:08 pm

I̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶*̶i̶n̶s̶e̶r̶t̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶d̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶e̶*̶ ̶M̶a̶n̶t̶i̶s̶ ̶̶b̶e̶f̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶,̶s̶o̶ ̶b̶u̶g̶ ̶(̶m̶a̶n̶t̶i̶s̶?̶)̶ ̶o̶f̶f̶

nah jk

anyway, nice job mate- looking forward to seeing where this goes. as a fellow overhaul maker (founder), good luck.

Last bumped by AnAngryMantis on Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:08 pm.
killin' slugs and beating Rebels since 2014, modding the game since 2016