(FTL RP) FTL: Lakibar Station

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
Jumbocarrot0

Re: (FTL RP) FTL: Lakibar Station

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:36 am

“What?” Garnarg responded to no one in particular. He looked out the nearest window and there it was: Nisos right there, just destroyed. ‘Why would a high ranking Federation ship be here in Lakibar?’ He rushed into the docking bay to grapel them in, somehow. “Someone better come because I have NO idea what I’m doing.”
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:02 pm

"The Nisos?" Slocknaw asked when hearing about the situation from others. "Haven't seen that ship since the Last Stand... Admiral Tully had served aboard that vessel at one point..."
He immediately made a path towards the docking bay; there was also a rather battered, but serviceable shuttle sitting on a pad. "Garnarg, prepare the airlocks. If I know my service shuttles, it should have a tractor beam to help guide larger vessels into the hangar of a space station... otherwise I might just have to nudge a Cruiser with a tiny rock and hope it works."
Jumbocarrot0

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:15 am

Garnarg simply read Slock’s thoughts instead of listening, it was much quicker. “Shuttle, good idea. Preparing launch of the shuttle.” Garnarg waited for Slocknaw to enter the shuttle before starting the sequence.
“Reducing O2 in the shuttle bay.” He looked at the slowly ticking counter.
100%, 99%, 96%, 95%. This crappy piece of machinery was taking too long, there are lives at stake now!
Garnarg got on the shuttle’s comms, “Slocknaw, prepare for a ride!”
He opened the airlock doors, quickly sucking all the air out along with the shuttle, which was now hurtling at uncontrollable speeds towards Nisos.
AI41

Postby AI41 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:04 pm

"Medbay and repairbay ready!" Why was one of Innocence's sister ships in Lakibar?
WARNING: Shipyard Complex Overload
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:10 am

Boost by explosive decompression... Slocknaw thought as he held on tight to the safety harness. The inertial dampeners were overloading. We should look into one of those permeable forcefields the larger stations have

He quickly fired the thrusters to put the shuttle back into proper control and sent it towards the Nisos.
Once in range, the Slug engaged the tractor beam, which also seemed to work rather surprisingly, pulling the damaged ship towards the tiny vessel and thus towards the station.
4n4rch1st

Postby 4n4rch1st » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:34 am

Suddenly, an explosion rocked the Nisos, sending it hurtling towards the planet Lakibar.

Jack rushed to the command centre of the station, searching through the functions for anything useful.

"Umm... System control... Full system scan... activate merchant beacon... distress... Ah! Tractor beam! Knew there was something useful!

But the Nisos is to far for the beam..."
Well done war hero and or olympian. We are satisfied by your contribution to The Rebellio- BZZZZT Hey! That's the clone bay, not a bathroom.

Fact: Now with 110% more snarkyness!
Jumbocarrot0

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:20 pm

“Argh!” yelled Garnarg as response to the explosion. “Shuttle’s tractor bream is too weak, too far from the station for our beam. How can we get them out?” his mind rushed to the station’s cargo teleporter. He rushed to the teleporter and started setting coordinated for the ship. “Two life forms detected, getting them out now!” he pressed the button and three figures materialised on the teleporting bay. One zoltan, petrified for its life, clutching an unconcious slug, with a dead human laying beside them.
“Where are we?” the zoltan asked.
“You’re safe now,” Garnarg reasured, “I teleported you onto the station. Let’s get you two to the medbay.”
“What about Violet?”
“Who?” The zoltan pointed to the human. “We’ll see what we can do for him, but there’s little hope.” Garnarg then guided the zoltan and carried the unconscious slug to the medbay, where Gyldi was readying it. Garnarg go on the comms, “I managed to teleport the crew out safely. Now we just need to redirect the wreck of Nisos somewhere safe.”
Last edited by Jumbocarrot0 on Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:30 pm

The shuttlecraft shook from the force of the explosion rocking the tractor beam.
The vessel spun out of control yet again and Slocknaw attempted to engage the thrusters.
"Come on! Come on! Work!" he screamed towards the console as he tumbled towards the planet along with the Nisos.

Garnarg then told him that the crew had been teleported out. That meant the ship was unmanned and thus could be treated much more harshly without hurting the crew.
He disengaged the tractor beam and diverted the power to the thrusters, once again getting the shuttle under control. He glanced towards the station and noticed a larger version of the shuttle's tractor beam emitter. A plan formulated in his head...
"Jack, I'm going to see if I can divert the Nisos on a course that would put it within range of the station's tractor beam... can the power be boosted by any means, even just for a second?"
We just need to change its trajectory a little bit to have it avoid the planet.
AI41

Postby AI41 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:23 pm

“Sorry, but I don’t have any of my old equipment. Violet’s gone. You two, meanwhile, I might have what I need.” Gyldi said, looking over the two crewmembers of Nisos. Gyldi quickly got to work.
WARNING: Shipyard Complex Overload
Jumbocarrot0

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:55 am

The zoltan nodded droopily and layed down on the medbay beds. The slug was carried onto another bed and Garnarg slithered back into action, passing Jack’s station which caused Garnarg to collect his thoughts by habit. Argh! Gotta stop doing that. He continued until he got an idea to boost the tractor beam. He slithered back. “Jack! I got a way to boost the beam, just give me a minute.” He went back to the medbay. “You!” He said pointing to the zoltan, not know her name.
“M-my name is Marcella” she corrected.
“Ok Marccela. I need to ask: how hurt are you.”
“Not that h-hurt, a few b-bruises.”
“Good, good. I need a favour. We need to boost the power of the tractor beam to collect Nisos. You think you can do that.”
“Urr.”
“Okay, good. Follow me!” Garnarg slithered away with Marcella following him. ‘I hate that about slugs.’ She thought. They both arrived at Jack’s station. “The zoltan we rescued is going to try and boost the beam’s length, is that possible Jack?”