How Do I Mod

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
saltypoe

How Do I Mod

Postby saltypoe » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:41 am

Hello All,

Trying to get into mod creation and make a mod based off of the new Star Trek Discovery show. I am having a lot of trouble finding the data.dat and resources.dat files, which most of the videos and instructions I have found online do not explain at all. Honestly I'm just stuck because of those, I have Superluminal and my images for my ships ready, but I can't get Superluminal to properly function without those files. Can someone please just give me a step by step guide of how to make a mod for Slipstream Mod Manager on Windows 10. Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

-SP
Jumbocarrot0

Re: How Do I Mod

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:56 am

First off, welcome to the modding community!
I got some bad news about superluminal, with the new FTL update it broke by combining the data.dat and resources.dat files into one ftl.dat file. People have provided download links to the old dat files but they may or may not work, check the superluminal post for more detail.
In brighter news, you can gain extract the dat files through slipstream mod manager. Go onto slipstream, go to view --> Extract dats and then you'll get access to the files. For more info about modding read the text document in slipstream titled 'readme_modders'
saltypoe

Postby saltypoe » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:09 am

First off, welcome to the modding community!
I got some bad news about superluminal, with the new FTL update it broke by combining the data.dat and resources.dat files into one ftl.dat file. People have provided download links to the old dat files but they may or may not work, check the superluminal post for more detail.
In brighter news, you can gain extract the dat files through slipstream mod manager. Go onto slipstream, go to view --> Extract dats and then you'll get access to the files. For more info about modding read the text document in slipstream titled 'readme_modders'

Where is the Superluminal post?
Jumbocarrot0

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:14 am

TheFallenAngel359

Postby TheFallenAngel359 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:45 am

Not the OP, but I'm using Superluminal2 v2.2.1 and it's not giving me an option to extract the .dat files. What should I do?
Arfy

Postby Arfy » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:50 am

TheFallenAngel359 wrote:Not the OP, but I'm using Superluminal2 v2.2.1 and it's not giving me an option to extract the .dat files. What should I do?

You can use Slipstream to unpack the .dat files.

(File --> Extract Dats)
Discord: ATLAS#9226
TheFallenAngel359

Postby TheFallenAngel359 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:00 pm

It's not giving me the option to do that though. "Extract .dats" isn't in the "File" menu.
TheFallenAngel359

Postby TheFallenAngel359 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:55 am

...Oh my god, I might actually stupid. I was using Superluminal2, not Slipstream...

Forgive me, it's been a while since I last did this.