Shiny! UI Overhaul and Graphics Mod v1.0

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Gore

Re: Shiny! UI Overhaul and Graphics Mod v1.0

Postby Gore » Tue May 19, 2015 4:09 pm

I can't belive I was playing FTL all the time without this mod. I need to download it right now! :o
Gore

Postby Gore » Tue May 19, 2015 9:33 pm

Gore wrote:I can't belive I was playing FTL all the time without this mod. I need to download it right now! :o

Everything works fine with CE. Played two sessions and haven't noticed any bugs or issues.
Hans_Frischdampf

Postby Hans_Frischdampf » Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:17 pm

Hi all,
you're my last resort as I can't get the game to launch with my current mods. I tried re-downloading all mods and validating the game files via steam but it still crashes upon startup. I don't get to the loading screen. The game launches just fine if I activate all mods except Shiny!
This is my mod load order:

I hope someone here can help me :)
Thanks!
Official_KP

Postby Official_KP » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:16 pm

Is there no way you can fix the system icons they look very jaggy and stand out?
EDIT: Also maybe a version with the high res shields normal version?
Arfy

Postby Arfy » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:54 pm

Official_KP wrote:Is there no way you can fix the system icons they look very jaggy and stand out?

I'm just going to let you know that Russian Rockman has been offline since Mar 25, 2016.
Discord: ATLAS#9226
Official_KP

Postby Official_KP » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:03 am

Arfy wrote:
Official_KP wrote:Is there no way you can fix the system icons they look very jaggy and stand out?

I'm just going to let you know that Russian Rockman has been offline since Mar 25, 2016.

Damn.
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:58 pm

CRITICAL WARNING

The Shiny! UI mod will NOT work in the latest versions of FTL, v1.6.x and onwards, due to a drastic alteration in the game's graphics and the way it puts names on various in-game things. While I've attempted to refit the Remastered style into the new files, it's not only far from polished, but it's not going to be the same at all. Especially as a couple of new font files are responsible for putting names on various tabs and such, and there is currently no working way to edit these fonts so they match the Remastered style.
MR_Mc_Stuffin

Postby MR_Mc_Stuffin » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:54 am

I do not mean to be rude, but sadly this mod isn't updated to the newest version of FTL and has some UI glitches. I am unsure if this mod is updated anymore or not but if it is I hope this can be fixed soon!
Jumbocarrot0

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:10 am

MR_Mc_Stuffin wrote:I do not mean to be rude, but sadly this mod isn't updated to the newest version of FTL and has some UI glitches. I am unsure if this mod is updated anymore or not but if it is I hope this can be fixed soon!

1) Refer to the post above your's
2) I do not believe the creator is even active anymore
SgtDesktop

Postby SgtDesktop » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:00 pm

:!: With the recent update and UI changes, Shiny! UI no longer works or is compatible with the new versionof FTL. I hate the new UI and personally loved your version of the old one, so if there is any way you could update Shiny! so it is compatible with the new version it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!