Mods with Multiple Ships

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
saltypoe

Mods with Multiple Ships

Postby saltypoe » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:56 pm

Hello, I've been able to create mods with individual ships using Superluminal, but I can't figure out how to create mods with multiple ships being replaced. If anyone could explain how I would go about that to me that would be greatly appreciated.
Knightmarez

Re: Mods with Multiple Ships

Postby Knightmarez » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:06 am

I'm having the same problem, i want to replace all the player ships as part of a re-balance patch.
We should work together! Maybe some of your ships are worth adding?
Arfy

Postby Arfy » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:44 am

Here;

1) Take the blueprint innards of one of the ships, paste it into the blueprints.xml.append file of the second ship.
2) Take the innards of rooms.xml.append file of the first ship (the one where you took the blueprints innards out of) and paste it INTO the rooms.xml.append file of the second ship.
3) Move the SHIPNAME.xml and SHIPNAME.txt files of the first ship, and move it into the data folder of the second ship. (the .xml and .txt should be the same name, but not the same as the second ship's .xml and .txt)
4) Move every IMG assets of the first ship into the second ships img folders. (Into their respective folders of course; i.e images from interior folder of the first ship, should go into the interior folder of the second ship.)
Discord: ATLAS#9226
Knightmarez

Postby Knightmarez » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:06 pm

Thank you! This is essential information for me to over-haul all the single-player-ships.
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:25 pm

CAKE made a tutorial pretty much detailing the same steps Arfy made, except with images. the tutorial can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=27698
----
I mean to post this earlier, but while making a reply, I found a related bug in Superluminal which then got fixed in v2.2.1 so be sure you got that latest release.

I don't know if you can create multiple ships at the same time and save them all as one file, but Superluminal can combine individual ship mods for you. I'll detail the steps below (found a bug in v2.2, recent v2.2.1 fixed it).
  1. Open up Superluminal.
  2. Load an existing mod file via File -> Mod Management -> Load Mod, then EITHER
    1. Load in another mod file then hit Confirm. Next, go File -> Load Ship and pick the ship from this mod file you just loaded. OR
    2. Just hit Confirm. Next, make a ship (and don't let it replace the same ship as the first mod you loaded!).
  3. Save the ship as an .ftl file, and use the "Include mod files from:" dropdown to include the first mod you loaded.
  4. Browse a save location and Confirm. There, now you should have a mod file with multiple ships.
  5. To add more ships, repeat steps 2-6 except use this new mod file for step 2.
When you load in one mod file with multiple ships via Mod Management, when using Load Ship you can pick different ships. When saving after editing one such ship, be sure to "Include mod files from:" the currently loaded pack of ships.

I was going to talk about console glow problems in more depth but it can get a bit confusing so just know that if you have problems first look into rooms.xml.append. If you have more groups of (engines, shields, pilot, weapons) tags than ships then you've probably got old entries from previous changes causing problems so you'll need to delete those old groups.