(Partnership Modding Request) New Modding Project

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
CarreraCT

(Partnership Modding Request) New Modding Project

Postby CarreraCT » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:27 am

Hello anyone who decides to read this post!
My name is Carrera Scilencerz and for a while I have had been thinking and dreaming of making a big overhaul to the wonderful game of FTL. I have tried basic modding for ship designs, events, and weapons but for the life of me I can NOT get anything to work for the life of me even with a lot of help from the community. So after another few weeks of trying I'm switching to a new strategy and I ask the community for a partnership to bring this mod some motion. I came up with the idea after I loaded up CE again and I took note of the vast number of helpers involved with the mod it. I simply need somebody to design the events for me. I can design a few basic ship designs but nothing too complex. Maybe I can find some extra tutorials one day. So now I'm here typing up this post with fingers crossed somebody will lend their time to help me make my dream take life!

Here's hoping I get a response for help!
Scilencerz Constantly develop their technology with the help of many games, one of their biggest belong to FTL ships even outpacing Pixel Starships' ships and Galaxy on Fire's Ships with its mass of weapons and systems. Keep on modding :)
Arfy

Re: (Partnership Modding Request) New Modding Project

Postby Arfy » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:24 am

hey there! I understand that you are requesting people to help with events -- however, if you need weapon designs and (weapon) coding done, I'll be happy to do so! :D
Discord: ATLAS#9226
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:01 am

sounds, well, exciting!

I know my way around the xml data files and using Superluminal, and creativity is my jam. I'd love to give a hand and see if I can be of any help :mrgreen:

...but if you ask me to create images beyond recolors and stuff, not sure if I can do that :roll:

any big ideas on what the overhaul is going to be about? ideas for new sector types and factions?
CarreraCT

Postby CarreraCT » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:31 pm

Arfy wrote:hey there! I understand that you are requesting people to help with events -- however, if you need weapon designs and (weapon) coding done, I'll be happy to do so! :D

Absolutely! I am more then happy to take help from any department you are skilled in! How about a nice simple start by adding two new flak ideas I had. The first one would be the Mini Flak which fires one shot with a little extra debris, 1 power, 6 second charge. The second flak would be called the Flak II and would have 5 shots and extra debris, 15 second charge and 3 power. The Flak II would have to be renamed to III. Is this a good start or should I come up with something else? Also sorry for the lack of PMing this, I'm not permitted to do that quite yet apparently. Either way thank you for offering your help
mr_easy_money wrote:sounds, well, exciting!

I know my way around the xml data files and using Superluminal, and creativity is my jam. I'd love to give a hand and see if I can be of any help :mrgreen:

...but if you ask me to create images beyond recolors and stuff, not sure if I can do that :roll:

any big ideas on what the overhaul is going to be about? ideas for new sector types and factions?

Why yes I do ! :D, for a long time I have planned out (on paper) on the events, ships, weapons, drones, a few secrets, clans, environments, textures, and a few "Bosses", what would you like to hear about first? I'm open for anything honestly and thank you for offering your help.
Scilencerz Constantly develop their technology with the help of many games, one of their biggest belong to FTL ships even outpacing Pixel Starships' ships and Galaxy on Fire's Ships with its mass of weapons and systems. Keep on modding :)
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:47 am

CarreraCT wrote:Also sorry for the lack of PMing this, I'm not permitted to do that quite yet apparently.

think the magic number is 10 posts. I think rather than PMing, it might be a good idea to start like a discord server or some sort of chat so members of this project can easily talk to each other whenever instead of relying on forum posts, but then it would be private to only people in the chat. it's up to you really ;)
CarreraCT wrote:
mr_easy_money wrote:any big ideas on what the overhaul is going to be about? ideas for new sector types and factions?
Why yes I do ! :D, for a long time I have planned out (on paper) on the events, ships, weapons, drones, a few secrets, clans, environments, textures, and a few "Bosses", what would you like to hear about first?

how about... the clans? (those are the factions, right?)
CarreraCT wrote:I'm open for anything honestly and thank you for offering your help.

I'd first like to see what your vision for it is, then expand on that. you've clearly thought about this for some time, which is great :)
CarreraCT

Postby CarreraCT » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:57 am

mr_easy_money wrote:
CarreraCT wrote:Also sorry for the lack of PMing this, I'm not permitted to do that quite yet apparently.

think the magic number is 10 posts. I think rather than PMing, it might be a good idea to start like a discord server or some sort of chat so members of this project can easily talk to each other whenever instead of relying on forum posts, but then it would be private to only people in the chat. it's up to you really ;)

Ah that makes more sense now. I'll be making one in a short time.

mr_easy_money wrote:any big ideas on what the overhaul is going to be about? ideas for new sector types and factions? Why yes I do ! :D, for a long time I have planned out (on paper) on the events, ships, weapons, drones, a few secrets, clans, environments, textures, and a few "Bosses", what would you like to hear about first?
how about... the clans? (those are the factions, right?)

Yes they are factions. What I have is.... actually quite a lot of groups/services/factions/etc. well to start it off, I can mention the 8 Scilencerz Groups each with their own focus on ability. They are, respectively, OWIS, WTIS, BCSS, OWSS, GTS, NLL, Turbos, and XRDMS. I'll go into more detail on the discord server on what each group looks like, does, and cares for. There are plentiful amounts of other groups like The Distrubed PeaceMakers, PFW, Rat Pack, FreedomRingers, etc. that we can pick and choose what can be developed and what should remain out. Again those will all be better explained on discord with you, Arfy, and another other developers willing to help. I'll be making the discord server now I'll send you a pm of the link so we can discuss it there as I should be at 10 messages now
CarreraCT

Postby CarreraCT » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:03 pm

Never mind I'll just have to send two more messages real fast to do so
CarreraCT

Postby CarreraCT » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:53 pm

Thank you arty for developing those weapons so quickly!
TheFallenAngel359

Postby TheFallenAngel359 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:27 am

Your project sounds interesting. Mind if I join the Discord server? I'm willing to help out, or possibly integrate it with my own modding project.
Arfy

Postby Arfy » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:51 am

TheFallenAngel359 wrote:Your project sounds interesting. Mind if I join the Discord server? I'm willing to help out, or possibly integrate it with my own modding project.

Hey,

I'm part of this project, and I have to sadly report that the Discord server has been inactive for quite a while.

Aside from that, very little was done except for some event work and a couple of weapon sheets being made.
Discord: ATLAS#9226