[FTL RP, WE'RE BACK, REBOOTED!] The Rogue Cadets

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
JakeCollins

Re: [FTL RP, GAME BEGUN, CHARACTERS WELCOME!] The Rogue Cadets

Postby JakeCollins » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:26 am

"WAIT!" Sarah shouted into the radio. "That Black Hole is actually a Black Hole system. A larger Black Hole, and a mini Black Hole orbiting it. Sensors could barely read it due to the gravity from the larger Black Hole."

"Sarah, this is no time for a science project!" Jake said, his hand gripping the controls.

"The Black Hole system is positioned in such a way that it is emitting some kind of weak graviton field. If you try to beam onboard, your molecules would be scrambled every-which-way, into oblivion. Also, weapons fire will be sucked in by the large Black Hole. So weapons fire will be useless against the Rebel Station, because every shot will be slurped up into the Black Hole!"

"What the hell do you recommend??? If we die when we beam aboard, and our weapons are slurped into oblivion?!" Jake screamed.

"Lux, I hope you're good at piloting that runabout. If you can avoid the Black Hole weapons effects, by dodging around back, you might be able to short-range fire at the station. According to my mathematical projects, short-range means short range. You'll have to get within 5 yards of the stations hull. Any further than that, and weapons are ineffective."

"Allright. Lux, I guess you guys will have to take the runabout, and get in close. Bren, target the fleet. If weapons are useless against the station, let's focus on the fleet."
Me: Have you ever wanted to explore the galaxy... in a BANANA?
You: No.
Me: Well now you can! Click the link below for the one-and-only Banana Mod!
http://subsetgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32321
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:38 am

The Pelican hasn't even got decent weapons to support itself. What's to say the runabout would have anything at this point beyond being a bigger and faster shuttle? Hell the next thing it's getting is an FTL drive so it can become a "scout"

"So it'd just be me and Kyrie up against a whole Rebel station" Lux remarked "No pressures, Captain my Captain, right?"
Especially when the runabout has no weapons installed or an FTL drive, she thought to herself, Close range fire... we'd be better ramming the station.

A few of the pirates stepped onboard, guns and swords prepared and their fanciest coats donned.
"You won't be without support" Eden said "I'd join you but I've got to fly the Pelican and well... I'm a little weighed down right now for combat. So... good luck Luxanna. Don't die on me."

The Pelican's main cargo bay doors opened and the runabout flew out towards the station.
Chickengames

Postby Chickengames » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:05 am

Wait, what exactly are we doing? Are we boarding the station?

"I hope you're a good pilot, Lux. Because I was terrible in the simulator." The runabout flew through space toward the station, which started to fire at them. Thankfully their shots were also pulled harmlessly into the black hole.
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:10 am

Bren began to fly further towards the fleet sweating a bit

"Wait...don't" Ruwen said

"Why not?" Bren asked

"Look at the ships, they aren't firing...." he said and Bren noticed

"Hold on" he said and noticed his coms were getting incoming calls

"Getting a message from them" he said

And when he turned it on he was getting what could be called a gif of a bunch of white flags waving

"Umm guys?" he asked
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
JakeCollins

Postby JakeCollins » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:11 am

"Why... are they... surrendering... now?" Jake asked. "They severely outnumber us... we wouldn't win this battle."

"I think..." Sarah began. "The only reason is that they're afraid of the Rebels. Maybe that surrender message wasn't meant for us, maybe it was meant for-"

The ship shook violently, and went to Red Alert mode. The metallic ships were also being compromised, spiraling towards the Black Hole. FTL engines were offline, but Jake ordered full impulse - they had to escape!
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:22 am

Eyesight Technology wrote:"Why... are they... surrendering... now?" Jake asked. "They severely outnumber us... we wouldn't win this battle."

"I think..." Sarah began. "The only reason is that they're afraid of the Rebels. Maybe that surrender message wasn't meant for us, maybe it was meant for-"

The ship shook violently, and went to Red Alert mode. The metallic ships were also being compromised, spiraling towards the Black Hole. FTL engines were offline, but Jake ordered full impulse - they had to escape!

Bren frowned a bit, "Damn it...I'm not firing on them, if they want to surrender I refuse to attack them" he said

Ruwen nodded his head, "....no one should die like the blackhole....let them go for now"
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:29 am

Lux was sort of left out of the loop of events. "Guys, what's happening? The metal eaters have stopped firing and..."
"The black hole has turned more unstable or something. I guess the Rebels haven't got full control of their toys" Eden explained "Get back here ASAP."

The runabout luckily had not gone far from the Pelican and it impulsed back into the cargo hold. Then the Pelican began to turn away "Just so you know, we've only got enough fuel left for one more jump... so if we break out of here, we'll be out until someone comes along with a spare tank or two" Eden explained.

Lux seemed to look disappointed but also relieved that she wasn't going to have to board that station.

I was thinking of an idea where the runabout doesn't make it back and it's a tense moment as it tries to escape the expanding singularity but... we did that already with the shuttle and I think the tone seems to be "Some other battle happened, we take notes and move on"
Last edited by stylesrj on Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
JakeCollins

Postby JakeCollins » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:47 am

stylesrj wrote:Lux was sort of left out of the loop of events. "Guys, what's happening? The Lanius have stopped firing and..."

What's a Lanius? :lol: Remember, the most knowledge we have of 'em is "Metal Eaters."

Also... um... fuel or no fuel, the Black Hole is interfering with our jump tech. We can't jump until we disable the induction stuff. This is kind of a tight part, because shooting is ineffective. We need to come up with a way to disable the badass weapon, before we... ya know... get torn apart.

"Guys, I need options!" Jake screamed. Jake dropped the shields, to decrease the Black Holes drag, allowing them to escape. But then, the massive beam weapon fired, cutting across the ship. Metal screeched as gas-lines burst all over the place.

Main power, weapons, shields, and door control were all offline from the shock. Structural integrity had gone from 93% to 70% in a matter of seconds.

"The rebels..." Sarah said, her voice scratchy through the damaged comms. "Are somehow sling shoting their weapons fire around the black hole, nearly doubling the damage dealt."
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:55 am

Eyesight Technology wrote:
stylesrj wrote:Lux was sort of left out of the loop of events. "Guys, what's happening? The Lanius have stopped firing and..."

What's a Lanius? :lol: Remember, the most knowledge we have of 'em is "Metal Eaters."

Also... um... fuel or no fuel, the Black Hole is interfering with our jump tech. We can't jump until we disable the induction stuff. This is kind of a tight part, because shooting is ineffective. We need to come up with a way to disable the badass weapon, before we... ya know... get torn apart.

"Guys, I need options!" Jake screamed. Jake dropped the shields, to decrease the Black Holes drag, allowing them to escape. But then, the massive beam weapon fired, cutting across the ship. Metal screeched as gas-lines burst all over the place.

Main power, weapons, shields, and door control were all offline from the shock. Structural integrity had gone from 93% to 70% in a matter of seconds.

"The rebels..." Sarah said, her voice scratchy through the damaged comms. "Are somehow sling shoting their weapons fire around the black hole, nearly doubling the damage dealt."

"I'm going in, one shot from my Railgun should take him out..." he said, "Sarah you can tell where the blackhole is affecting space right...I need you to be my eyes" he said a little nervousy, he was about to go on a suicide mission basically
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:01 am

Right fixed...

"Looks like it's up to Bren. I don't think I could do that sort of trick with the teleporter" Eden said "Especially at the short ranges I need to have mine operate at..."
Despite the expanding singularity, the station was making sure that when it went down, it took everyone else around it with them. Those Rebels have turned suicidally crazy... Lux thought to herself.