Ship Editing Problem.

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
SideGrindMaze

Ship Editing Problem.

Postby SideGrindMaze » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:26 am

So I trying to make my own ship and this is what happen.
The game just crash. Did I do anything wrong? I just waste my time for making this ship. And it always crash when I try select it.
I just waste over 10 hour for making this. All over again. And... the game still crash when I select the ship. Did I do something wrong?

https://ibb.co/b1dpDF
NarnKar

Re: Ship Editing Problem.

Postby NarnKar » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:26 pm

Please give more details about the crash. Please upload your .ftl file (to a file hosting website) so other users can download the code.

Off the top of my head, it looks like you've got an artillery system. Maybe it's because the artillery weapon hasn't been set.

It could be a mismatched XML tag. Try running FTL Error Checker, here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=17034

I think it's hard to give specifics without more information.

Minor details. These won't ruin your ship, but they are something I noticed in your Superluminal screenshot.
1) Your medbay only supports one person because the other tile is taken up by the "console". I think.
2) You do not appear to have a Mind Control room.

In the future, please post this in the "Mod Development" section, as this mod is incomplete, and "Working Mods" is for working mods only.
Biohazard063

Postby Biohazard063 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:35 am

Can also try removing any "irregular" room sizes. I recall superluminal throwing a fit with those when compiling the mod.
It might not be the cause as superluminal went through some updates since last time I had to use it, but may as well check.
Amateur modder and Let's player (with a substantial FTL and ItB LP featuring countless mods).
Channel link
A list of all my mods can be found here.
ThePersonFromSteam

Postby ThePersonFromSteam » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:03 pm

Irregular Rooms isn't the problem
trust me i have a mod that specializes in that

PS Please move this to Mod Development

Code: Select all

Okayish Modder, and a terrible splicer; but i did throw my share in Project Coal, and helped in Multiverse.