[SHIP] Nemesis

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
bamalf

[SHIP] Nemesis

Postby bamalf » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:28 pm

Ship by Mstislav Sokolov. Replace Fed A. Tell me if there are errors in English text.

Download: https://yadi.sk/d/Ai3fB9HS3DnfVE
Video: https://youtu.be/8p69Wz2fSBo
Last edited by bamalf on Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image
elijahdb

Re: [SHIP] Nemesis

Postby elijahdb » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:04 pm

Looks promising, but the hull is overwhelmingly rusty. Does the maker of this mod have a version of the hull that's smoother? :)
I've created Type C Hulls for the enemy Mantis, Slug, Rock, and Zoltan ships, and anyone can use these for a mod.
Check out the details here.
bamalf

Postby bamalf » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:38 pm

Okay, it will come later.
Image Image Image
elijahdb

Postby elijahdb » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:55 pm

Great :)
I've created Type C Hulls for the enemy Mantis, Slug, Rock, and Zoltan ships, and anyone can use these for a mod.
Check out the details here.
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:25 am

bamalf wrote:Tell me if there are errors in English text.

probably want to capitalize the words "fire" and "beam" in the title of the artillery weapon. same goes with "repair" in the HAL System Repair's <short> title.

the first sentence of the HAL System Repair's description reads like a run-on and the second sentence can be merged with the first:

Code: Select all

(original description)
After turning on this drone works completely autonomously. It is able to save the ship of the most critical situations.

maybe want to change that to:

Code: Select all

After turning this drone on, it works completely autonomously, giving it the ability to save the ship in even the most critical of situations.

doesn't have to be verbatim, as it looks like this different description is longer so maybe you want to rephrase it.

I'm not sure if you meant 'the most critical situations' as in 'in very critical situations' or more like 'in most of the critical situations'. I went with 'in very critical situations'.

also, since both of the drone's are autonomous, not needing any power, I don't see much of a need for the drone system to be at level 2, but I don't think you can have any system without any starting power capacity so maybe you want to bump that down to 1. you might have chosen 2 just because most other drones require at least 2 power which is fair.

elijahdb wrote:Looks promising, but the hull is overwhelmingly rusty. Does the maker of this mod have a version of the hull that's smoother? :)

I second this, but as a type B possibly. the fact that it's really rusty makes it look like it's been through many battles. then as a type B, it gets restored and re-outfitted with a new loadout (including different starting systems). possibly a new layout too.

then maybe as a type C, it gets re-colored, with a new loadout (including different starting systems). possibly a new layout too.
bamalf

Postby bamalf » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:15 am

mr_easy_money, thanks for feedback, it will be in the next update.
Image Image Image
Auron1

Postby Auron1 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:02 am

woah, that's an outstanding hull!
I am impressed!
Has anyone ever considered a Warhammer 40,000 Mod for this game? It would be awesome!
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:51 pm

I noticed something off about the shield ellipse:

it looks like the ellipse is a bit larger than the actual shield, making defense drones float around the shield.

I don't think that's what caused it to fail to hit the boarding drone though... :roll:

by the way, the color for the shield image is just right, a nice old gold color.
bamalf

Postby bamalf » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:33 am

Updated. Fixed grammar and shields. Thanks mr_easy_money.
Image Image Image
Chrono Vortex

Postby Chrono Vortex » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:43 am

You should probably ask Sleeper to slap this on the master mod list.

Love the hull and weapon art by the way, great job!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage