One final chance: An FTL-RP

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
dyno101

Re: One final chance: An FTL-RP

Postby dyno101 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:34 pm

Quintet sighed.

"Who did he think I really was?"

In an instant, all reminiscence of common sense and evaluation devolved into a state of pure intention to kill. For no more than sixty seconds, his entire goal in existence was to make sure this drone died. He noted the positions of the points that, should they be shot, would set off the bomb, and armed his weapon.

Quintet's ship made a quick connection to the other ship, and turned off all of the light sources in the room he quickly then trapped the two of them in. The only light left in the room was the opponent's glowing parts. Quintet aimed his weapon at the glowing target and began to fire rapidly.

Meanwhile, the opponent was easily dodging the bullets until everything went dark again. Hearing a sound to the left of him, he began to shoot there. The light revealed nothing was there. In an instant, the drone's bomb was out of the system. The lights came back on, revealing Quintet malevolently dangling the bomb on the other side of the room.

"He just doesn't get it, does he? He never did. He never will. He turned with them and I gave up on him. And, between you and me..
Empires fall."

Quintet darted to the other side of the room and stabbed the drone, removing all of its power. The drone fell to the ground, never to be reactivated. He visited the communications.

"Seems like I got us another bomb. I'll be putting that into the reactor."
"There isn't good or bad. There's just insane."
"Blamsauce!"
I_am_person

Postby I_am_person » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:10 am

Cathos was sitting in his seat the whole ordeal, soda can in hand. He had the ship comms on in a speaker at the back for a while. When he started hearing loud noises, though, he stood up as if he was getting out of a deck chair and sauntered over to it to shut it off. It was disturbing his peace.

After a while, they started coming back. Cathos sat up, chucking his can into a nearby chute to transport it to the scrap hold.

"Ready to jump?"

No cares were given
Last edited by I_am_person on Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Injustice Rains From Above!
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:25 am

Seeing that the situation was under control now, Tabitha headed back to the shield room. "Oh, so hitting it with the multitool IS a valid procedure!" she remarked once she reached a page not too deep in the manual.
dyno101

Postby dyno101 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:24 am

"We're ready to jump. Engaging jump drive."

The ship began its jump and whirred to life. In a few seconds, they had arrived at the next beacon.
"Blamsauce!"
I_am_person

Postby I_am_person » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:35 am

The ship jumped in with a flash, revealing the scene unfolding in front of it. There was a zoltan/engi research station with a rebel fighter near it, hovering threateningly. The station must have done something to piss them off because their burst laser and Leto missile was already charging. Knowing that they would want to engage as soon as possible, Cathos started to approach the rebel ship, which had probably noticed them by now. Just as he was about to increase speed, though, a teleporter signal was detected from the ship. Instinctively, Cathos reached for the ship grid on the table, but there was no need. A rebel formed in the room before he could, making Cathos reel backwards.

After falling over in his chair, Cathos got a look at him. Brown frizzy hair, blue eyes, and standard uniform. Typical. What confused Cathos, though was the fact that he was on his knees rather than pointing a gun. He started earnestly asking for a spot on the ship or just to get away. To anybody else, it would've seemed as if rebel life had lost its charm. Cathos knew better.

"Really, you think I'm going to believe that? Tell me, what station were you first assigned to?" The rebel was clearly baffled by the question, probably because he didn't expect one at all.

"We're wasting time, they already have their guns trained on you!" He was right, of course the rebel ship had changed targets, missing a missile in the process.

"Answer the question." He looked annoyed, but after a moment of hesitation, he responded. Voice laced with confidence.

"RefuelD 86-Delta"

"You're a good lier, you just have shit lies. That's right next to a planet known for its acting." Before he could react, Cathos pulled out his stunner and blasted him just as he took out a bomb. He was disabled for a bit, but he would need assistance.

"Someone get up here!" He jumped back into his seat. "I need to dodge!"
Chickengames

Postby Chickengames » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:02 pm

Kr had seen nothing else of interest, so he got back on the ship and returned to his post at door control. The ship jumped and they immediately were confronted by the rebel ship. Kr saw a red blip appear in piloting, then Cathos' request over the comms. "I'm coming up," he responded. He ran up to the front of the ship and entered the small room to see a rebel stunned on his knees with a bomb in hand. Kr went for the bomb first, wrenching it out of the rebel's hand. He stood up and examined the bomb. It didn't have a timer, just a switch and a button. As he was doing this the rebel regained his awareness and jumped at Kr, reaching for the bomb. Kr sidestepped and kicked the rebel's legs from under him. The rebel tucked into a ball, rolling and getting up immediately. The rebel went for the bomb again, but taking out a blaster and firing at Kr. He ducked and grabbed the rebel's hand with his free one. The rebel tried to grab the bomb, but got Kr's wrist instead. The rebel hit it against the wall, and the bomb was knocked onto Cathos' console. They both lunged for it, landing on the console also. The two rolled off onto Cathos, then Kr stood up and pulled the rebel off, but the rebel had the bomb in his hand. The rebel flicked the switch and the button glowed red. Kr reached and caught the rebel's wrist between his claw, and squeezed until blood dripped out. The rebel was trying to move his fingers to press the button, but couldn't and dropped the bomb. Kr pulled both of the rebel's hands behind his back, and placed his other claw at the rebel's throat. "Should we keep this one alive?"
dyno101

Postby dyno101 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:06 pm

In an instant, Quintet had powered and armed a drone, ready to dash for any room at hand. The moment he got to the pilot's room, the matter was already under control.

"Keep him alive. He's a scout. I'll get the sector info out of him later. For now, however, he stays in the med-bay."

Quintet scanned the rebel, removed all of his weapons, and went into the cargo hold, where he stored the weapons and grabbed a sleeping agent. He then went back to the piloting room, took the rebel and subdued him with the agent, and put him into the medbay, making sure to seal both doors on the way out.

"Power the weapons and get ready to dodge!"
"Blamsauce!"
I_am_person

Postby I_am_person » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:47 pm

He narrowly evaded a missile as Kr burst into the room. Sensing that the fight would come to him sooner or later, he put the ship on autopilot, then turned around to the sight of two bodies tumbling towards him.

Getting up, he jumped to the bomb on the ground. Shooting it with his stunner to disable it, he pried it open and disabled it permantly. Turning to Kr, he was just about to respond when Quintets drone drived in.

Was gonna post it but didn't have time :P
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:12 am

Tabitha started fiddling with the shield barrier controls as the ship came under fire. Most shields were designed to take a single shot and then recharge but there were ways to optimise the system so that when an energy shot impacted at a certain point, the rest of the bubble's energy cycled back into the system and increased the rate of recharge. The issue was finding out where to precisely place those barriers, something which a skilled shield operator could figure out.

Too bad Tabitha didn't know how to do that. If anything, her fiddling with the controls was putting too little power at the point of defence and thus slowing down the recharge.
Chickengames

Postby Chickengames » Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:29 am

Kr released the rebel as Quintet injected the sleeping drug. The drone took the rebel's now motionless body to the medbay, and Kr left the room to go back to his post. While he was waiting there he looked down to see another word etched into the console.

Teke

It was another mantis word, right next to the first. It meant weighed. Kr wondered why these words were seemingly appearing, and what they may mean together. There were two times that numbered was written, I wonder if this means anything...