One final chance: An FTL-RP

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
dyno101

Re: One final chance: An FTL-RP

Postby dyno101 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:09 am

(Whatever you need lanius to be is what lanius are. I have no problem. Also, I don't think I'll be reserving an out of character color, so go wild.)

Quintet, continuing to have nothing to do, began to toy around with some coding. He was hoping to create something to do on his down time, but seeing as nothing was fun for him other than killing and vengeance, he had little to choose from.

"Let's see of the archive has an interesting thing for me today."

He used a program he had created a long time ago to randomly select one executable program from the hundreds of millions in the archive, remove its name from all of the file, and give it to him with no name or logo. It quickly came up with a result.

"What is this? Looks to be an old video game.. Wait, why does it need GPS connection? Why do nothing ever show up? What are these little.. poke-coin things? Wait, dollar signs? I have no clue what this is, but whatever it is, may it burn forever."

He deleted the file.
"There isn't good or bad. There's just insane."
"Blamsauce!"
I_am_person

Postby I_am_person » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:15 am

Nazia waited until she knew the mantis had left the room. For dinner, probably. Once she was confident they weren't coming back. She took the wires off and walked over to the monitor. First, she replaced the missing code from where she took off the wires. She knew it well, it was hers after all. Next, she erased the part where the computer monitored her thought process that . That being done, Nazia sat down, ready to start her work.

Then she realized she couldn't actually do anything. Cathos and Genevas were the technological powers of their ship, the only way Nazia was involved was when she sent Cathos some codes manually for him to hack when she was on an enemy ship. She'd been so used to just getting to a terminal, doing some basic anti-security measures, and letting Cathos do all the work that she just took his part for granted. She didn't have a way to contact him privately now.

What am I even trying to do?, while she didn't have an exact plan, she originally was going to get some more info. In hindsight, she was being foolish. Almost laughing, she started walking back to the chair, to reboot for real this time.

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Cathos doubted that the loud crashing and shrieks were caused by a member of the crew. He almost grabbed his gun and ran out the door when he got a glance at the map. No ships in the vicinity. Cathos was confused for a second, trying to calculate how long teleporter ranges were when he remembered that there were two sets of sushi that Tabitha had made. Taking a deep breath, he dashed to the kitchen.

He wasn't surprised to see Targon take a frenzied leap into the bathroom nearby, crying. Waiting for a moment, he put his stunner down. It didn't look like the sushi had made anybody go too crazy. That was quickly disproven, however, when he rounded the corner to the entrance of the kitchen. When he saw the scene, he blew a long whistle and sauntered in. When he saw Tabitha cleaning up the wrecked replicator, he walked up to her.

"Well played."

So which part were you asking about again? Was it the fact that he ate something? Either way, I doubt the nitty-gritty about what Lanius are will be a major issue.
Injustice Rains From Above!
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:31 pm

I like to tihnk of the Mess Hall as more like the one in the Normandy. Open kitchen inside an open dining area. One room near the sleeping quarters and the medical bay in case of incidents.

"This is why I stick to cooked food, sir" Tabitha said to Cathos as she began sweeping up the mess in the mess hall. She seemed to not be quite finished though and decided to explain why she had done that.
"Back when I had my own restaurant, I'd get the sort of people who demanded only eating raw steaks or just a tiny piece of vegetable matter they could have easily replicated at home."
She picked up a piece of scrap metal and placed it on the counter and continued her rant "I read that in the pre-galactic area of Humanity that people would go into fancy restaurants and order a thing called 'Grilled Cheese'."
She glared at Cathos "You know how it's made sir? Two pieces of bread and cheese in the middle, grilled. A basic dish anyone could have made at home. There is little skill or talent behind a Grilled Cheese. No fancy ingredients; you could try a higher-quality cheese but at the end of the day it's essentially an insult."
"When you asked for raw meat, I immediately assumed you'd be one of those people. A pretentious fop who is too lazy to press a button on a replicator."
With a heavy sigh, she leaned on the mop "I sure taught Targon a lesson in how food is meant to be eaten though..."

She's also covering up for the fact that she does not know how to actually make sushi properly because it's a meat dish that's not cooked.
Chickengames

Postby Chickengames » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:11 am

Targon's rampage was a surprise to Kr, but things like these were common on mantis ships. He just didn't expect it from Targon over sushi. He finished his meal just as Cathos walked in. The human went over to talk to Tabitha. Kr started to pick up the pieces of the table next to him and said to Arkangel, "You think you could reshape these pices back into a table? You might want to look at the replicator too." Kr picked up his empty tray and noticed another etching on the table.

Kyt

It was the same word as on the door control console. Numbered again. That wasn't there before I sat down. He thought it must be something he did absentmindedly. Kr took his tray over to the kitchen. "Is there anything I can help with, Tabitha?" He glanced at the other human, barely acknowledging him.
I_am_person

Postby I_am_person » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:21 am

While Cathos was going to ask that first, Cathos decided to leave Kr to do the maintenance stuff instead. He wanted to finish the navigation upgrade soon anyway. Still, he couldn't just leave.

"Uhh, I'll find a manually controlled repair drone somewhere and program it clean up some of this. I'll be at the helm if anybody needs me."

Chickengames posting first kinda undermined what I had in mind so I went with this
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:29 am

Tabitha said nothing to Kr as she continued her work.
"At least it's not connected to the sewer line..." she commented to herself.
Seeing as Cathos was leaving, she called after him "Hey once the helm gets upgraded, are you taking over as the pilot, sir?"
Last edited by stylesrj on Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
elijahdb

Postby elijahdb » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:57 am

Targon emerged, wiping tears from his eyeball and making hiccuping noises. He was carrying his toolbox.

"I'b 'llergic't to wasabi." He mumbled to Tabitha as an explanation for his rage. "Makes b'y mouf hurt like crap. After all the screaming it 'wells up. I'b sorry for makin' the kitch'n a mess." The Mantis went to the replicator and surveyed the damage. He had wrecked it up, but it was possible to fix up. He grabbed a pair of pliers and started ripping off all the useless parts of the replicator.

When Nazia is done being scanned she can just pluck the wires off of herself and go about her business.
I've created Type C Hulls for the enemy Mantis, Slug, Rock, and Zoltan ships, and anyone can use these for a mod.
Check out the details here.
Chickengames

Postby Chickengames » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:58 am

stylesrj wrote:Tabitha said nothing to Targon as she continued her work, just giving him a disappointed look.
"At least it's not connected to the sewer line..." she commented to herself. Chances are he doesn't remember going into a rage..., she thought to herself.
Seeing as Cathos was leaving, she called after him "Hey once the helm gets upgraded, are you taking over as the pilot, sir?"

Uhh that was Kr there, not Targon

I_am_person wrote:While Cathos was going to ask that first, Cathos decided to leave Kr to do the maintenance stuff instead. He wanted to finish the navigation upgrade soon anyway. Still, he couldn't just leave.

"Uhh, I'll find a manually controlled repair drone somewhere and program it clean up some of this. I'll be at the helm if anybody needs me."

Chickengames posting first kinda undermined what I had in mind so I went with this

I can edit mine if you want
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:02 am

I edited the post.
I_am_person

Postby I_am_person » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:49 am

"Taking over as the pilot? Doesn't Quintet decide that stuff?" He would perfer that, though. Unless the ship got a hacking module or something.

Chickengames wrote:
I_am_person wrote:While Cathos was going to ask that first, Cathos decided to leave Kr to do the maintenance stuff instead. He wanted to finish the navigation upgrade soon anyway. Still, he couldn't just leave.

I can edit mine if you want

No its fine