One final chance: An FTL-RP

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
elijahdb

Re: One final chance: An FTL-RP

Postby elijahdb » Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:33 am

Targon awoke to the faint sounds of blaring alarms. Oh, great. He moaned. Quinny's behind this, I'm sure of it.

He contacted everyone. "Targon, at your service. Sorry about my absence, I've had a weird few hours, but everything's fine."
I've created Type C Hulls for the enemy Mantis, Slug, Rock, and Zoltan ships, and anyone can use these for a mod.
Check out the details here.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:50 am

"I think all our time on the station has been weird" Tabitha remarked "There was some guy who really didn't like my X-Dynamics tattoo and another guy who wanted to buy a steak for his girlfriend."
Before anyone could ask how that was weird, she explained how the guy then tried to sue the store after shoving the spices up his nose.
"Some people I just really don't understand"
I_am_person

Postby I_am_person » Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:09 am

Cathos sat and listened to the massacre happening outside, "shiny blue children's sword" in his pocket. Even though he was displeased that he wasn't in control of the situation, he was going to have to make it work. Taking up a comms device that somebody left behind, he sent Genevas a simple message.

"Check if Nazia is in the immediate vicinity, if not, undock. Get to a nearby station."

He knew one thing for sure. Either he was leaving the place dead, or in whatever Quintet had hijacked. A few seconds later, the door opened to reveal the hub, drenched in blood.

"Well, you're not dead! That's good. Now then, since that's over, I still need you on my ship, and if you happen to not like that idea, I can put you with the rest of the rebels in here who also didn't want to comply." With a sigh, Cathos walked out. What other choice did he have? He looked around at all the dismembered bodies.

"All this experience, wasted." He turned to the drone, which was holding its weapon gleefully as if it was a perfect report card.

"What do you even need me for anyway?"

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Nazia was holding up some Long Ranged Scanners to look at when she heard alarms ringing across the station. Startled, she dropped it. As she was running out of the shop into the throng of people who were running from the direction Cathos said he would be at, the store owner, an old human, yelled at her for dropping the augment. She halted, facing him. Making her metallic hands parallel, she flicked them at the augment, flicked them to the chaos outside, and finally flicked them at the apparently deaf shopkeeper with a, "Boy."

She was barely able to open the door with everybody pushing against it in the chaos. In the distance, she saw their ship undock and fly off. There was only once place to go now. Bulldozing through the crowd with her jagged shoulders, she slowly but surely started to make her way through. As she did, she noticed certain people. People who were running with everybody else, but without a shred of panic. They looked as if they almost knew exactly was was going on, which means that they were probably part of the situation. She was tempted to intercept one of them and ask them what the hell was going on, but decided against it and mentally noted their ship instead.

Honestly, I wasn't sure what to do with the ship and stuff, so I just put this out there. Tell me if it's inconvenient or something.
Injustice Rains From Above!
dyno101

Postby dyno101 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:09 am

(It's fine!)

"Yes! All those long, studious lives with families and people they loved and cared about and ideals they supported and trained to defend, and now it's all just beautifully gone in a red, painful instant. Isn't it blissful? To answer your question, I need your intel and your loyalty. My crew have gone every which-way and that, but seeing as you have nothing better to do, you'll be quite reliable. Come along!"

Quintet directed him to his ship.

"This is the.. well, we don't have an official name for it yet, so call it what you'd like. The crew quarters are over to the left of the oxygen room. Go make yourself a spot. I'll be watching you in there, too, and my own drone is still monitoring you. Have a good time!"

Quintet watched him wander into the ship, then wheeled off into the ship to talk with Targon. He started talking before Tabitha could say anything.

"I noticed that the alarm in the room you were last seen in was off. I also noticed you didn't turn it off. I also noticed you were trying to hack into my system to get data. I have a second copy of data for myself, by the way. I also noticed a log of anomalies in the dock you were last seen in. By some easy logical deduction, someone came and picked you up, tried to get my copy of data, and dropped you back off, all of which was supposed to be concealed, due to the alarm being off, which means you weren't off doing something you want me to know about. Nice try, Tabitha. Now where where you?"
"There isn't good or bad. There's just insane."
"Blamsauce!"
Chickengames

Postby Chickengames » Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:45 am

"Yes I have just talked to a rockman who claims to have been freed from slavery by our defeating of the champion on the space whale. It seems civilian stations are the place to be." Kr boarded the ship after coming back from the bar. "I saw that lanius you were talking about Tabitha. That suit looked like no clothing I've seen before, not that I have much experience with clothes." Just then a human came onboard following Quintet's repair drone. Quintet spoke for a moment before leaving the human by itself. I wonder if this is a new crew member. Quintet hasn't been known to recruit before though... The human walked off in the opposite direction, and Kr decided to follow. "What business do you have here, human? A genocidal friend of Quintet are you?"
I_am_person

Postby I_am_person » Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:08 am

When an ambitious-looking mantis approached him shortly after his arrival, Cathos responded. It seemed like he was going to be on the ship for a while, and he might as well get to know the crew.

"Name's Cathos, by the way, and no. I'm not affiliated with any of its genocides. Actually, I'm not even entirely sure why I'm here. Can you tell me it's plans?"
Last edited by I_am_person on Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SciGuy303

Postby SciGuy303 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:50 am

I_am_person wrote:When a lanius approached him shortly after his arrival, Cathos responded. It seemed like he was going to be on the ship for a while, and he might as well get to know the crew.

"Name's Cathos, by the way, and no. I'm not affiliated with any of its genocides. Actually, I'm not even entirely sure why I'm here. Can you tell me it's plans?"

Kr's a mantis. Just FYI.
I do random stuff and surf on the fourms. That's about it.
I_am_person

Postby I_am_person » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:19 pm

SciGuy303 wrote:
I_am_person wrote:When a lanius approached him shortly after his arrival, Cathos responded. It seemed like he was going to be on the ship for a while, and he might as well get to know the crew.

Kr's a mantis. Just FYI.

Goddamn it I suck with names.
elijahdb

Postby elijahdb » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:51 pm

Targon faced the drone and threw up his hands in exasperation. "I wasn't trying to conceal it from you! I would've been fine if you would've ordered me back. I just.." he paused, fingering the new hybrid technology in his pocket, "owed Dyxie a favor. And besides, even if I had gotten a copy of Data you probably would've taken it. So for the record, I feel like an innocent victim!" He whirled around and stalked to the weapons room.
I've created Type C Hulls for the enemy Mantis, Slug, Rock, and Zoltan ships, and anyone can use these for a mod.
Check out the details here.
dyno101

Postby dyno101 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:41 pm

(700 posts! This is amazing. Thanks to everyone who ever participated in this. You're all amazing!)

"So Dyxie is one of your friends, hm? Let me see what the database says about that."

Quintet used his A.I. on the ship to look up Dyxie. There were hundreds of logged things with Dyxie, but looking for an encounter with Targon revealed who he was looking after. Turns out, it was an entire crew of people that Targon had worked with. He quickly contacted Targon privately.

"Make your moves carefully, Targon. There's nothing I can't find, no empire I can't end, and no-one I can't kill. I'm not saying you've done anything wrong, all I'm saying is that you're in quite the position to try to. Just be careful and remember who you're working with."

Quintet closed the private server before Targon could respond. He then went to do one more thing before they prepared to leave.
He looked around until he found the station's server room, then hooked the drone directly into it. At that very moment, a contact request arrived in the servers.

"You're in position, right?"
"Yes."
"Dropping off the materials. Get them quick, the feds are hot on your tail."
"I will."
"Have you recovered all the caches?'
"One was looted. The mission is still optimal. Witnesses were eliminated.
"Nicely done. I assume you've already sunken the Empire's contacts in this area, right?"
"Yes. All black-shadows sunken. No contacts remain. I also eliminated their comms in the other vital areas. They don't even know it."
"Very well. The last cache is in the rebel base without their knowing, correct?"
"Yes. The mission is optimal. The rebel base will be the last attack before the rising."
"You'll help, correct?"
"Yes."
"Good. Shutting down the communications. Kill your records and I'll kill mine. May the overturning be grand, my old accomplice."
"May it be."
"There isn't good or bad. There's just insane."
"Blamsauce!"