One final chance: An FTL-RP

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
I_am_person

Re: One final chance: An FTL-RP

Postby I_am_person » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:29 am

dyno101 wrote:(Trust me, I'm good with it. Quintet's security is like the brainchild of the pentagon and the enigma code.)

Quintet looked up at his target. He knew exactly what to do.

"Hello! I was hoping to talk to you abut the pitiful state of your guards. Half of them are practically dead drunk, and the other half are nowhere to be seen! I am ashamed that hard-working drone operators like me earn less money than them. I wish the best for the rebels, of course, but I think this is just a disgrace the rebels surely do not stand for! I demand this fixed as soon as possible, for not only me, but for the honor the the rebellion itself. Plus, you'll probably get a raise."

Quintet continued to pretend to clean the pipes.

(I, for the life of me, could not figure out a way to get you on the plot in my situation in a way more creative then just killing everyone. Tell me if you want me to edit this post, I_am_person.)

I will, just tomorrow.
Injustice Rains From Above!
I_am_person

Postby I_am_person » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:17 pm

dyno101 wrote:(Trust me, I'm good with it. Quintet's security is like the brainchild of the pentagon and the enigma code.)

Quintet looked up at his target. He knew exactly what to do.

"Hello! I was hoping to talk to you abut the pitiful state of your guards. Half of them are practically dead drunk, and the other half are nowhere to be seen! I am ashamed that hard-working drone operators like me earn less money than them. I wish the best for the rebels, of course, but I think this is just a disgrace the rebels surely do not stand for! I demand this fixed as soon as possible, for not only me, but for the honor the the rebellion itself. Plus, you'll probably get a raise."

Quintet continued to pretend to clean the pipes.

(I, for the life of me, could not figure out a way to get you on the plot in my situation in a way more creative then just killing everyone. Tell me if you want me to edit this post, I_am_person.)

I edited my last post. Is that a bit more workable?
elijahdb

Postby elijahdb » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:45 pm

Targon was getting desperate. Quintet had the most complicated code protection he had ever seen. He turned to his colleague. "Do you want to give up?"

Dyxie slumped into her chair. "Kind of.. What are you snickering about?" She turned to the Rockman who was snorting with mirth over something.

"Duh-huh," He grinned and held out his hand, revealing a small card. "Soong gimme a copy d'is WHOLE time!" He raised his arms to show the extent. "Data's right 'ere!"

Targon and Dyxie stared at the Rockman for a few seconds, too surprised to think. Then they both sprang. The screams echoed throughout the entire ship.

Five minutes later, a perfectly thin and jumbled Rockman was shoved into the wall by Targon, leaving a dent in the metal. Dyxie spat out a piece of boulder-like skin from her mouth and regarded their work.

"You think he's good?" She asked. Targon nodded, picked up the card laying on the floor and inserted it into the computer. Data's mainframe appeared on the screen and he messaged them a hello.

"Where did you get this?" Targon asked the Rockman, who was covering his privates. In the process of gnawing off his skin they had torn his clothes into oblivion.

"Soong, she waz a' a shtashun nearby. She notish me an' gimmie a copy for ush." He moaned and walked over to his room, calling behind his cracked shoulder, "I thou't I'd play a joke, bu' apparen'ly no'! Mantishes are jerky, jerky!"

The computer was already copying Data over to the ship's hard drive. Dyxie walked over to a door in the wall and pressed a few buttons. The door slid open and Targon's jaw dropped. In front of him was a Lanius/Engi hybrid.
"I'm going to put my copy of Data's mainframe into this thing I've created," Dyxie informed the drooling Mantis beside her, "Elva gave you that USB, right? Good. We can both research Engi and Lanius code and contact each other using your Targon Industries line. And," Dyxie popped out the card and was about to hand it to Targon when it disintegrated in her hand. The Rockman poked out his head rather cautiously.

"J'ah, 'bout the card. I'sh programmed to self-deshtruct when popp'd ou' a computer. No ubber," He winced and rubbed his head, "card fits Data's coding. Just tha' shertan one. Sh'arry." He quickly ducked back into his room before Targon chucked a piece of clumpy skin at him. The one-eyed Mantis sighed and started pounding his own head into the wall.

"I thought I had it," he moaned, "I thought," *thump* "I thought," *thump* "I thought!" *thump*

Dyxie patted him on the shoulder sympathetically. "My apologies, Targon."

He stopped banging his head and looked at Elva, who had observed the entire scene unfazed. "Get me out of here, please." He begged, "Next thing I know this USB is going to blow up." Elva grinned and activated the transporter.

"See you later, hon." She waved as Targon vanished from view. He re-appeared in his room and sighed, flopping onto his bed. I'm done with today for awhile. He drifted off, snoring loudly.
I've created Type C Hulls for the enemy Mantis, Slug, Rock, and Zoltan ships, and anyone can use these for a mod.
Check out the details here.
Chickengames

Postby Chickengames » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:34 pm

Kr decided to make his way onto the station and have a look around. He stepped into the crowded common area and looked around for the rest of the crew. He saw Tabitha looking at spices, but no one else around. There was a bar near the entrance and a couple other shops around. Kr went into the bar and have a drink. It seemed like a normal bar for once. A drunk human pushed him out of the way just as he was about to order. "Another vodka, and make it quick!" Kr responded: "Watch where you stumble around human, you might get cut up." The human stared at him for a moment before asking: "Do you know what code is?" He stumbled off again, seeming to forget he had asked something. Kr sat down to listen to the talk of the bar. "...been blown out for a week now, costs 500 scrap to fix..." "...there's a hideout back behind there..." "...all these aliens here, no wonder they're all drunk..." Kr turned around and saw the people that he had overheard. They were human of course, and we're heading toward a door on the side of the bar. Kr decided to get up and follow them. The two went through the door and Kr got a glimpse of the inside, a large amount of humans, some with rebel jackets and uniforms on. "Guys, I think there's a rebel hideout in the bar. We might want to look into that."
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:49 pm

"I say we don't do a thing about it" Tabitha said over the comms to Kr as she began wandering the station again after pointing out the unusual Lanius. "Chances are Quintet's already rigged up some kind of plasma fusion torch or a toxin that area and is waiting for the right time to kill them all at once" she said with a laugh "So let's not get too hasty about investigating a Rebel hangout. You wouldn't do the same for a gang of pirates."
dyno101

Postby dyno101 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:14 am

(Yes! Thank you very much.)

Quintet contacted Kr.

"And just when did I tell you to NOT TO FOLLOW THE DRONE? And what was so hard to understand about that?"

Quintet quickly noticed his target had a loaded gun behind his back.

"Ha! Nice try. I already have the camera behind you hacked and monitoring your every move. And I've killed thousands and thousands of people in combat. Turns out, plasma welders-"

Quintet grabbed his plasma welder and pinned him to the wall with it before he could pull his gun out from his back.

"Make amazing weapons! Now then, if you don't want to die, you'll calmly give me your gun and every other weapon you have. If you don't, I'll fry your brain with blue, shiny plasma. I would enjoy either one, but I think you enjoy being alive. Also, to jog your memory, I am Quintet, model one. You know, the genocidal maniac A.I. that piloted the ship that blew up your beloved flagship? That one. Now the feds wish they could try to kill me, but the can't because they know I have my allies, and the rebels are too dumb to know how to kill me. It's hard to kill a thing that's programmed to kill and destroy as much as possible, and when you throw a war in the mix, it gets eve harder. Now, if you need a tip, I say you stay locked in here while I go take care of all your buddies out there. What do you say?"
"There isn't good or bad. There's just insane."
"Blamsauce!"
I_am_person

Postby I_am_person » Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:14 am

Cathos stared for a moment at the animated drone. He knew he was talking to a notorious rogue AI; and if it's claims were true, then it had quite a few kills under his belt, including Cathos' best creation. He'd have to watch his step. Yet, at the same time he wanted to laugh. Apparently Cathos had played his rebel affiliation role well, not even an all-knowing AI could tell that he wasn't on their side anymore. He must've let out a chuckle, though, because the repair drone's limited facial expressions did the best they could to convey the message that Quintet was impatient and annoyed. Collecting his composure, he opened his mouth.

"Say, you're going to make sure that nobody lives to tell the tale out there, right?" The drone loosened its grip for a moment, Quintet seemed genuinely confused. It only lasted for a second.

"Why, of course. I'm not sloppy about my work." The drone resumed its grip.

Cathos smiled. "Then how about instead of you disarming me and going out there, I dis-arm them with you? This blade hasn't seen kills in a while and I'd like to get some combat experience. If they're going to die anyway I might as well tag along for the ride."

By the way the beam cutter is like a halo sword not a gun I said, "trigger" cuz that's the thing that activates the thing, like how light sabers aren't on until you turn them on.
dyno101

Postby dyno101 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:50 am

Quintet stared at him blankly.

"Alright! Just don't get in the way of my super-weapon with your shiny blue children's sword you have there!"

Quintet opened the door. He knew it was a one out of ten chance that he was actually going to fight, so he moved as fast as possible to the door and locked it closed, then using his access to the station's system to break its coding and keep it closed. He could fix it later, but this assured nobody left, no matter what.

"Hi everyone! Now DIE."

Quintet started sawing his way through the crowd, moving left and right to carefully avoid gunfire and quickly taking down each one of the rebels as fast as possible. Most of them were dead drunk and tripped over each-other as they either ran or pulled out their laser pistols to fire back, which allowed Quintet to easily take them out. In a fret, the guard patrolling the rebel hub showed up with his gun drawn.

"This is for what you said about me!" The guard shouted, even more drunk than before, and began to fire heavily at quintet

Quintet, rather than killing him like the others, wheeled behind the bar and ducked for cover and quickly grabbed a bottle of pure alcohol, sold to only the bravest of mantis and slugs, and threw it at him from behind the counter, sending him careening backwards in pain, desperately holding his face in pain.

"And that's for being dead drunk and trying to tell a genocidal maniac A.I. what to do."

Quintet continued to make his way through the crowd. Most of the alarms were going off in the station except for one place where alarms had been strangely disabled, and it was the same place that he saw one of his crew looking dazed. This was very strange, as he hadn't seen Targon do anything to the alarm. He opened up crew communications.

"Targon, come in."

No-one answered. A quick check on the live camera feed revealed she was nowhere to be seen.

"Well, she better be back before we undock or.. well, let's hope we don't find out what happens."

Quintet focused more at the task on hand. He quickly realized that most of the crowd was dead, and the only few that were left were putting their hands up in submission.

"You see," Quintet gestured, "Surrendering is not something I take kindly to."

Once the hub had been dealt with, he wheeled over to his ally.

"Well, you're not dead! That's good. Now then, since that's over, I still need you on my ship, and if you happen to not like that idea, I can put you with the rest of the rebels in here who also didn't want to comply."
"There isn't good or bad. There's just insane."
"Blamsauce!"
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:02 am

Tabitha had already made a quick dash back to the ship once the gunfire sounded. She did not want to get involved in any extended firefights with station security and the whatnot while shopping.
"Hopefully what I ordered has been delivered or else I'd have wasted my money" she commented.

On her way back, she bumped into the same weird guy from earlier. "Watch where you're going, shill!" he shouted angrily.
She then went back on the ship and reconnected herself to the network before taking her seat at Piloting. And now to wait for the crew to come back and to quickly evacuate the area, she thought to herself.
Chickengames

Postby Chickengames » Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:18 am

"Hey I didn't follow anything, I just went to the bar." Kr seemed annoyed and went to get an actual drink instead of just listening. A rockman seemed to be staring at him from a table. "Can I help you, rock?"
"I've seen you somewhere. You were one of those who fought the champion in the space whale."
Kr couldn't tell if the rockman was angry or just making a comment. "Yes, I am one of them."
"The destruction of that engi caused the whole station to fall into chaos. With the fighting crowd that spilled out into the rest of the whale distracted the guards and the rebel fleet that had just arrived finished the job of destroying the station!" Several people were looking in their direction now.
"Um I'm sorry if you-"
"I want to thank you for what you did."
"What?"
"I was a prisoner on one of the slave ships docked there. We were able to take over the ship and free ourselves because of what you did. I was always taught that aliens were to be avoided and brought only harm to my people. The slavers seemed to confirm that. When I was freed with my brethren, we saw that what you had done was the reason we were free."
Kr was sufficiently surprised and just stared for a while. "Well, I'm glad we could help, um maybe you'd like to explain some more?" They sat down together to speak some more, but were quickly interrupted by shouts and gunfire coming from the rebel hideout.
"That's my cue to leave, and I think you should think about doing the same." Kr quickly left the bar and boarded the ship. "Who's Quintet decidedly to kill now?"