Why? !!FTL!! Why?

General discussion about the game.
Tysonclyde

Why? !!FTL!! Why?

Postby Tysonclyde » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:30 am

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-EZufauNFdJw/UFkfs-nQmzI/AAAAAAAAAPc/s5kfyI5yv_c/s1280/2012-09-18_00003.jpg
This is just completely ridiculous. I fucking love those rockets but I hate it when the enemy has them.
curithwin

Re: Why? !!FTL!! Why?

Postby curithwin » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:08 am

What do you mean the bosses triple fire missile system? What is that Heavy Pierce I weapon. Never seen that one before!
samseng813

Postby samseng813 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:41 am

Not mean to add insult to your injury,
but usually after I disable enemy shield, I will hit their weapon system ESPECIALLY IF THEY HAVE MISSILE.

Just my 5 dollars.
Createx

Postby Createx » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:09 pm

Hit his missiles first, he can't repair them. That's why you should get a rocket launcer or a bomb :)
And how on earth did you get 3 crystal?
Chat with fellow FTLers!
Find us on quakenet in #fasterthanlight, the unofficial channel for FTL.
DarkenDragon

Postby DarkenDragon » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:33 pm

yea.... I cant see why your blaming the game when you are wasting all your shots onto the destroyed shields. the ion alone was enough to lock it down and then you should have sent your weapons onto other parts like the weapons.

not to mention your weapon loadout isnt really diverse enough but then again sometimes thats out of your control. but yea all weapons on to the shields when its down, even if it was at just 1 layer you should have stopped shooting the shields
Tysonclyde

Postby Tysonclyde » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:15 pm

I was shooting all the things on the ship. I than started attacking the shield but it was to late.
DarkenDragon

Postby DarkenDragon » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:10 pm

no offense you just might have terrible timing with your screen shots, but according to the picture you sent, non of the other parts were attacked, they're all at full health and only the shields were damaged. meaning that the shields were hit very recently by all your shots, or they've been constnatly hit. also your weapons are mid way charged meaning that the shields were hit a while ago

so yea your not hitting the other systems and not using your weapons efficiently and not disabling different parts of your enemy

so spread out your damage, hit key parts and you shouldnt have had much problem

key parts to think about is shields of course to allow all your weapons to go through
Engine and pilot to stop evasions
weapons and drones to stop assults.

everything else is if you have boarding parties or your looking to kill off the crew

edit: actually looking at it even closer, the picture doesnt even look real or possible because your weapons are not even powered up and they have a charge on them, how is that even possible? the moment you disable your weapons they lose their charge. how the hell do you explain that? o.O
Maze1125

Postby Maze1125 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:45 pm

Yeah, that screenshot is really weird.
You've got 4 bars of power in your O2 and 289 unspent scrap.
samseng813

Postby samseng813 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:17 am

Forgive me if you think offended.
Are you playing cheat? I don't see any normal way to obtain Heavy Piercing Laser except if you using an RockShip B that start with Heavy Piercing Laser. Correct me if I am wrong.
And you have no human in your ship which Red-Tail should start with 2 humans. Maybe the 2 humans are redshort ahem.

Plus you have so much fuels and scrap remaining. You upgraded your engine to 6 bar that I never achieve before (I always don't have spare power for it). Must be RNG bless you with tons of Nebula eh?

Edit : Hang on !! When did ION BLAST MARK II cost only 1 power? (The one that can shoot every 4 seconds)
spindown

Postby spindown » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:38 am

Yeah, there are definitely a lot of very strange things happening in this screenshot. Did you mod the game?