Problems with Steam Overlay

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
reekygrewal

Problems with Steam Overlay

Postby reekygrewal » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:15 pm

Sooo, I haven't played this game in over a year. When trying to launch the game today, I found that it does not work. I see the initial loading screen for a second before it boots me back to the Desktop. I tried everything to fix it (new drivers, reinstalled game, rebooted pc, tried windows mode), but the only thing that fixes it seems to be disabling the Steam Overlay.

Problem is: I play FTL with the Steam Controller and need the overlay for Touch Menus.

Any chance of getting this to work? Steam Overlay seems to be a common issue with this game, but I defenitely had it working on multiple other PCs before this one.
isla

Re: Problems with Steam Overlay

Postby isla » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:25 pm

This is the first I've heard of this, you mentioned you've updated your drivers, did you have any recent Steam or Windows updates as well?
Jumbocarrot0

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:53 am

Unexpert opinion here, but this sounds like an instance of too much memory required to tun FTL, and by pure chance removing the steam overlay allows just enough memory to allow it to run.

For me, this happens if the game is modded with some really big mods. There is a chance that you might have left the game in this state the last time you played this game. Of course if your do not use mods then idk what might be causing the memory overload.
LUCIOTTO

Postby LUCIOTTO » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:32 pm

Decent, need to accomplish something like this with mine.
gtxprajapati

Postby gtxprajapati » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:14 pm

I also have the same problem :oops:

Bhulekh
Jharbhoomi khatiyan