FTL Beta Patch new fullscreen bug

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
ReadMuvLuv

FTL Beta Patch new fullscreen bug

Postby ReadMuvLuv » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:04 pm

Using either fullscreen option has now created a new type of interesting bug for me, whenever full screen goes into effect after closing the options menu it looks like my monitor is breaking, that's the only way i can describe it. The "breaking" glitch effects appear at the bottom but the entire screen flashes in no particular pattern, and as soon as I manage to window it again it stops. I tried recording this to show what i mean but the capture shows no such effects, only minor fps drop. Searching "FTL Screen flicker" only got me a couple of people saying it flickers at random points but this was a seizure warning, and a hell of a struggle to get back to windowed. I would have tried uninstalling the beta patch and running it normally again to see if the good old mouse jumping came back but the screen flicker left, but for whatever reason steam won't let me opt out of it so I didn't get a chance to run that test.
isla

Re: FTL Beta Patch new fullscreen bug

Postby isla » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:18 pm

Could you shoot us an email directly (contact@subsetgames.com) with a dxdiag report? I'd like to take a look at your graphics drivers and system specs to see what might be causing this.

To make one, press <Windows Key>+R to open the run dialog, then type dxdiag and hit enter. Once the DirectX Diagnostic Tool opens, press "Save All Information" to make a text file you can send.