Terminal: "Did not find a path using Dijstra, this is bad"

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
Icehawk78

Terminal: "Did not find a path using Dijstra, this is bad"

Postby Icehawk78 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:17 pm

1) Not sure if you have other code which should be preventing this from occurring, but this happened in my game yesterday.

2) Obviously very minor, but this is a typo - it should be "Dijkstra" not "Dijstra".
Matthew
Site Admin

Re: Terminal: "Did not find a path using Dijstra, this is ba

Postby Matthew » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:24 pm

Haha. Yes I'd say a typo in the error message isn't the biggest priority but I'll fix it :)

Did you only see the error, but no visible effect in game? There are some older error logs like those that don't actually mean anything bad (like the failure to find an event message).
Matthew Davis, Subset Games Developer - If you're looking for tech support, you'll get help faster emailing directly, contact info here
Icehawk78

Postby Icehawk78 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:05 pm

zasdarq wrote:Haha. Yes I'd say a typo in the error message isn't the biggest priority but I'll fix it :)

Did you only see the error, but no visible effect in game? There are some older error logs like those that don't actually mean anything bad (like the failure to find an event message).

Haha, exactly. I know in my own code, I'm super anal about stuff like that, so I thought I'd mention it just in case you're the same way. :)

And it was the latter - I only noticed it in the terminal after the game was over, but in-game I didn't notice anything related to pathfinding or being unable to find an exit. So, likely not an actual issue, but on the off chance that it was supposed to be unreachable code (since I'd never seen that in the terminal before, but in this game it showed up twice in a row) I figured it'd be good to know on your part.

Cheers!
Matthew
Site Admin

Postby Matthew » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:09 pm

Definitely better to post anything weird since anything could be a problem. Thank you for being thorough :)
Matthew Davis, Subset Games Developer - If you're looking for tech support, you'll get help faster emailing directly, contact info here
Icehawk78

Postby Icehawk78 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:08 pm

zasdarq wrote:Definitely better to post anything weird since anything could be a problem. Thank you for being thorough :)

Not a problem, I'm more than well aware of the multitude of weird crap that you can find as an end user that never shows up in internal testing and development, lol.

[As a side note, if you need any testers for the beta on a Linux version, send me a PM and I can give you my email to test any incremental builds, if you need. :)]