Can i have a refund?

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
greenorcale

Can i have a refund?

Postby greenorcale » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:58 pm

I bought this game on steam really excited but when i loaded the game up it was in windows mode and the window was to big and i coudnt change the size, so i changed it to full screen stretch and i only get half the screen with weird graphical issues. there seems to be know way around this and i have asked for help countless times but no one is helping so i was wondering how can i get a refund?
icepick

Re: Can i have a refund?

Postby icepick » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:07 pm

You should try opting into the beta patch they just put up. There's lots of fixes.

Did you not check the min spec before you bought the game? There's a stated hard min resolution (though like I said, it's hopefully been fixed in the beta patch)
Matthew
Site Admin

Postby Matthew » Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:48 am

Hi greenorcale. As icepick suggested, please try the beta patch first. You can find more info here:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2707

But it's more likely that your computer doesn't meet the minimum required specs. Since you didn't buy it from us directly, we can't provide a refund. You'll have to contact Steam about that.

I'm very sorry about the problem and I hope the beta patch lets you play.

Cheers,
Matthew

EDIT: Fixed Link
Matthew Davis, Subset Games Developer - If you're looking for tech support, you'll get help faster emailing directly, contact info here
nfiea2

Postby nfiea2 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:31 pm

I think that this nfea guy was right about everything, but he stopped posting...
So I made this account to continue his advocacy for gamers.

What I want to say here is zasdarq shouldn't taunt this guy by signing his post with "Cheers, Matthew" when he basically stole $10 from.

I mean this guy sells something that doesn't work right with tons of hardware and says, "your computer is a pos and you are probably too retarded to figure that out. I'm not going to make this situation right because I don't want to." whenever someone has an issue and wants their money back.
boa13

Postby boa13 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:32 pm

You are vile troll.
Forum janitor — If you spot spam, PM me the URL and/or the username of the spammer.
I have powers, moderator powers. I am not keen on using them, but will do so if needed.
nfiea2

Postby nfiea2 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:40 pm

boa13 wrote:You are vile troll.

WOW!
I've only made one post and you are already attacking me.
I think I know what this is.

You nuts that want the game to remain broken are just fanboys that are dying to suck off the developers.

lol, keep that up man. I'm sure this will work well for you.