Resolution Query

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
Tidewater

Resolution Query

Postby Tidewater » Tue May 27, 2014 6:00 pm

Hi forum folks, I have a bit of confusion about the resolution settings for FTL.

I understand that the minimum resolution is SUPPOSEDLY 1280x720, and that it should play at that resolution in windowed mode. HOWEVER, on my 3200x1800 resolution PC, in windowed mode it seems to take up about 5/6 of the screen vertically and 4/5 horizontally. I'm not sure exactly the resolution it's running at, but it seems in the range of 2500x1500. Additionally, I use a 1920x1080 HDTV as an external monitor occasionally, and when I try booting up FTL on it, windowed mode doesn't even fit on the screen! Moreover, fullscreen mode doesn't work properly on either screen, not in stretched, borders, nor native mode. (Stretched and Native both are waaay too large, with the screen mostly centered, and borders often shifts to the top left corner, though the resolution looks the same as in windowed).

Any inkling as to what's going on or how to fix it would be much appreciated! Many thanks!
Matthew
Site Admin

Re: Resolution Query

Postby Matthew » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:55 am

Sounds like you might be using Window's scaling on high DPI settings (quite common for TV / big resolution setups). Find FTLgame.exe in the FTL installation folder, you can find it from Steam by right clicking on FTL in your Library and going to Properties, then going to the Local Files tab and hitting a button that sends you to the local installation. Right click on FTLgame.exe and go to Properties, then in the Compatibility tab there's an option to disable scaling on high DPI settings.
Matthew Davis, Subset Games Developer - If you're looking for tech support, you'll get help faster emailing directly, contact info here