[UPDATE] FTL v. 1.5.13 - Live on Steam

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
Matthew
Site Admin

[UPDATE] FTL v. 1.5.13 - Live on Steam

Postby Matthew » Tue May 13, 2014 2:03 pm

UPDATE
This is now live on Steam for Windows, Mac, and Linux. Humble and GOG versions should be ready within a week, and the iPad version will be a bit longer as it's not quite complete and will need to go through Apple certification.

UPDATE
Minor update with a few new bugs fixed that were introduced in the last patch. Thank you again for everyone who has reported in problems. Barring any more problems, I hope to have this version live before the end of the week.

Version 1.5.13 - Beta Patch Part 2
  • Drone lists should properly work for blue options in events
  • Defense Drones will be able to target all flak weaponry
  • Fixed: Charge Weapons could find themselves in a state where they were unable to fire
  • Fixed: Combat Drones would not be able to fire if the drone system was hacked (even with the pulse inactive).
  • Fixed: Some pre-version 1.5.12 saves would not load.
  • Fixed: Charge Weapons would sometimes have problems when continuing from a saved game
  • A few more text edits and event script errors fixed

Hello everyone! I've just put out an update on the beta branch (Windows and Mac only) for FTL on Steam. If you're looking to complete a couple of the bugged achievements, or if you're just feeling nice and can help test, then please switch over to that branch and let me know if you come across any problems. If you already switched over to the branch for the last patch, then you're probably only running the new version and you don't need to do anything.

As a warning: While the beta patch should be 99% functional, there's always the chance I've missed something that could cause save or profile data loss. Backup your files just in case :)

For new people who want to access the patch: Right click on FTL in your Steam Library and go to the Betas tab; there you can put in the password "betapatch123" (without quotes) to gain access to the beta branch. FTL should automatically update, if it doesn't then try restarting Steam or verifying the Game Cache Integrity in the Local Files tab of the Properties menu.

There are very few 'critical' fixes in this, since as far as I'm aware there aren't any very serious problems remaining. But it's a fairly extensive change list anyway. Thank you to everyone who took the time to put in bug reports. Full changelog is below.

This patch will live in the beta branch for a couple days, and if everything seems to be functioning I'll switch it over to the main release. At that point I'll also send the update to GOG, Humble, Amazon, and the App Store so everyone can get it.

Thank you again to everyone for being such a great community for FTL!

Version 1.5.12 - Beta Patch
  • Fixed: Game could lockup when continuing after saving mid-jump
  • Fixed crash when returning cloned crew to stations after reloading a game
  • Fixed: Swapping out an upgraded Clonebay for a Medbay results in dead crew stuck as ‘cloning’
  • Possible fix for Lanius Achievement ‘Low Cabin Pressure’ - It would fail if you continued an old game.
  • Additional safety code to help prevent profile data loss
  • Restored sound and popup for unlocking a Type B Layout for a ship
  • Fixed: Mind Controlled crew via hacking would be infinite when player Saved and Quit
  • Fixed: Enemy AI would sometimes not be able to mind control player boarders
  • Crew Statistics will no longer count skill masteries that are re-earned due to cloning
  • Possible fix for the boss destroying the base even though it didn’t get to to the base
  • Crew will no longer count as ‘manning’ a system if they are mid-death animation
  • Fixed bug where it would count a Hard Victory with Type B as a Hard Victory with Type A too.
  • Clonebay will properly heal when Waiting as well as Jumping
  • Fixed the Crystal Ship Achievement ‘Clash of the Titans’ - Will properly count Rock pirate ships
  • Enemy Zoltan Shields are no longer boosted by the System Repair Bomb
  • Repair Bombs should no longer over-repair and prevent manning
  • Fixed bug where Flagship Game Over time would go past 0 without a Game Over
  • Chain Ion weapon incorrectly displayed its final boost state
  • Weapon charge bars will render outside of the target box, preventing cut-offs
  • Increased opacity of the Detect Lift visual (Slug / Augment ability ) - Doubly increased for Colorblind
  • Crystal Lockdown effect will properly save when quitting
  • Reward boxes should now always fit in the text box
  • Reverse Ion Field augment will now sometimes block Pulsar Star ion bursts
  • Rebel Fleet ships will no longer have Clone Bays when Advanced Edition content is disabled
  • Crew left behind when jumping will no longer clone
  • Teleport System will properly disarm if enemy Super Shield drone activates shield mid-aim
  • Enemy ships should no longer teleport back boarders if player Energy Shield is present
  • Hacked defense drones will no longer shoot
  • Boss units that are mind controlled will still be present in the following stage
  • Fixed: Crystal crew boxes on the left could malfunction when being cloned
  • Mannable subsystem tooltips fixed to be more accurate
  • More specific tips added for some weapons
  • (PC Only) Mind Controlled crew can no longer be selected with hotkeys
  • Fixed: If crew were selected when mind controlled, they would remain selected and could be commanded
  • Fixed Clonebay alarm getting stuck when restarting the game
  • Enemy Zoltan Shields will drop after battle to allow friendly boarders to come home.
  • Fixed: Mind Control sometimes permanently lowered max health of crew
  • Loading pre-AE saves will use the correct difficulty
  • Rock Achievement “Is it warm in here?” was incorrectly triggering
  • Super Shield will correctly stop hacking / boarding drones that are mid-flight
  • Beams could load incorrectly after a Save and Quit
  • Slug Achievement “Disintegration Ray” will no longer trigger for player crew
  • Fixed: Enemy Reactor wouldn't be affected by Ion Storm if game is re-loaded mid-fight.
  • (iPad Only) Achievement texts will fit in their boxes correctly
  • Many minor text / event alterations and corrections
  • More minor bugs fixed that I probably forgot to record
Matthew Davis, Subset Games Developer - If you're looking for tech support, you'll get help faster emailing directly, contact info here
project_mercy

Re: FTL v. 1.5.12 - Beta Patch - Testers Requested

Postby project_mercy » Tue May 13, 2014 7:48 pm

I'll try it out tonight, but I have an early one, your change notes have a typo ;)

Increased opacity of the Detect Lift visual (Slug / Augment ability ) - Doubly increased for Colorblind

Detect Life, not Detect Lift.
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Wed May 14, 2014 12:13 am

I've already made a couple of reports at getsatisfaction, but I'll repeat them here.

• 1 The coding for drones in events appear to be working now, but the new drone lists have mislabeled DEFENSE_1 and COMBAT_1 as DEFENSE and COMBAT, so those two drones currently do not work.
  • 2 There was a post about Flak guns and Defense Mark I drones. It wasn't included in this patch. SHOTGUN, SHOTGUN_2, and ARTILLERY_FED_C still need <drone_targetable>1</drone_targetable> added to their blueprints.

From the changelog, I can verify two of the items are working:
  • Possible fix for Lanius Achievement ‘Low Cabin Pressure’ - It would fail if you continued an old game.
  • Reverse Ion Field augment will now sometimes block Pulsar Star ion bursts

I didn't pay attention to any of the more obvious ones, such as "Mannable subsystem tooltips fixed to be more accurate." I do recall what the problem was, but I just forgot to look. :oops:
featherwings

Postby featherwings » Wed May 14, 2014 2:59 am

Are you interested in bugs that would only come up in mods? I know you fixed breach on beams a while back, which was cool - but ion beams have been weird for a while.

The most frustrating to me is how you can't have multi-shot, multi-projectile weapons - it fires the every shot but the last as a series of individual shots. So if you had a <shots>3 Flak I, it'd fire seven times.

I totally understand if you don't want to run around fixing all these edge cases that literally never come up, but I thought I'd ask anyway!
Matthew
Site Admin

Postby Matthew » Wed May 14, 2014 11:25 am

@featherwings: We don't really have a design for ion beams, that seems like a contradictory combination since beams specifically can't damage shields. That'd be hard to 'fix'.

I can look into the multi-shot, multi-projectile weapons once we reach a state where I'm comfortable with the non-modded bugs are fixed.
Matthew Davis, Subset Games Developer - If you're looking for tech support, you'll get help faster emailing directly, contact info here
project_mercy

Postby project_mercy » Wed May 14, 2014 9:14 pm

I ran into an issue with an Auto-Assault with a Combat II drone that wasn't actually firing. It flew around like normal, but it didn't fire anything. Save+Quit and restarting didn't cause it to start working. It may be something to do with it being recovered from being stunned by the hacking module. The drone system is currently hacked, but it's on cooldown, so it should still be functioning. I'm not actually sure it was firing before I hacked it though.

I have a save of it, but the board won't let me attach it. I'm going to mail it to your contact info at devteam@FTLgame.com

Edit: I hacked the drone a few more times till it blew up. The new one that spawned also didn't fire.
project_mercy

Postby project_mercy » Wed May 14, 2014 9:45 pm

I'm not really sure if this is a bug, but if you have a Backup DNA Bank, and all your crew is killed, you're basically just stuck there forever until you manually quit out. I guess you could have a repair drone or repair bomb, but I did not.
Vhati

Postby Vhati » Thu May 15, 2014 3:38 pm

project_mercy wrote:if you have a Backup DNA Bank, and all your crew is killed, you're basically just stuck there forever until you manually quit out.
Heh.
One time, my final crew member was about to asphyxiate and the clonebay was damaged.
There was a store present with a DNA Bank in stock, so I bought it at the last second to see what would happen.
Anticlimactic. :P
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Thu May 15, 2014 6:12 pm

Vhati wrote:
project_mercy wrote:if you have a Backup DNA Bank, and all your crew is killed, you're basically just stuck there forever until you manually quit out.
Heh.
One time, my final crew member was about to asphyxiate and the clonebay was damaged.
There was a store present with a DNA Bank in stock, so I bought it at the last second to see what would happen.
Anticlimactic. :P

That would be awesome if someone fixed your system 100 years later and you lost the game with a story about how everybody thought your little Federation was a quaint idea.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
rhaining

Postby rhaining » Fri May 16, 2014 5:46 pm

I just have to say (again) that you guys are doing a fantastic job. I've hit about 3 of these bugs, had no idea there were so many tiny bugs in there. But it's great to see you care about your craftsmanship enough to fix these things!