Game Crash on Linux

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
LiquidAwesome

Game Crash on Linux

Postby LiquidAwesome » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:42 am

Hi guys, I bought the game on the 14th and have been playing it hitch free on Ubuntu 11.10. However I tried to get a game in this morning and the game crashes out on me.

I load up FTL from the data folder and the loading screen pops up. The bar fills up to fully loaded and the first few notes play of the main menu theme and then the game closes of its own accord.

This is the first time its happened, and ive tried all the usual fixes eg. restart machine, re-download game, run package cleanup software but nothing has sloved it. Anyone else having this problem?
Matthew
Site Admin

Re: Game Crash on Linux

Postby Matthew » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:52 am

Hey LiquidAwesome. Go to this path:

~/.local/share/FasterThanLight and email me the file "prof.sav." It sounds like your profile file might have become corrupted. I can try to see what could have caused it / recover it. But possibly I might need to make you a new one with the correct ship unlocked. Very sorry about this but hopefully it'll be ok.

Email: zasdarq@ftlgame.com

Once you back it up / email it, try deleting it from that folder and running the game to see if it starts ok.
Matthew Davis, Subset Games Developer - If you're looking for tech support, you'll get help faster emailing directly, contact info here
Matthew
Site Admin

Postby Matthew » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:54 pm

Hello again. It seems like your profile data you sent me was completely empty. You'll have to just delete it and run the game.

I can make you a new profile with your unlocked ships/achievements if you email me a list. Terribly sorry about this, I'm trying to figure out what causes it.
Matthew Davis, Subset Games Developer - If you're looking for tech support, you'll get help faster emailing directly, contact info here
LiquidAwesome

Postby LiquidAwesome » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:43 pm

Yep, that works fine. Thanks for the swift reply but don't wory about the save profile, I hadn't got anything decent anyway :D
MR_FTL

Postby MR_FTL » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:09 am

i have the same problem. i even checked the health of my hard drives and they are all spinning freely and accurately.

im sending you an email with MY profile.sav file. check it out.