[SOLVED] How to pay by credit card without a Paypal account?

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
boa13

[SOLVED] How to pay by credit card without a Paypal account?

Postby boa13 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:57 pm

I'm looking for ways to buy the game from the website without setting up an account at Paypal, Amazon, or Google.

In the past, Paypal was willing to let you do that; the link was not easy to find under the giant "login here" form that took most of the page, but it worked fine. Supply your credit card info, and voilà, payment done. In particular, I've bought all my Humble Bundles this way.

I've tried buying FTL through Paypal, but now their site has a form where you input your credit card info, but also more personal details than I remember inputing in the past, and small text at the bottom that suddenly makes you realize you are creating an account with them. :shock:

So, does anyone know if it is still possible to pay through Paypal without an account? Are there other ways? I'm pretty sure Amazon and Google require an account and have never offered an option to pay without one.
Forum janitor — If you spot spam, PM me the URL and/or the username of the spammer.
I have powers, moderator powers. I am not keen on using them, but will do so if needed.
boa13

Re: [SOLVED] How to pay by credit card without a Paypal acco

Postby boa13 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:32 am

I've tried paying again with Paypal, paying close attention at every step. It turns out that when you initially land on the page, you are facing the USA form (fully translated in French), including the link to pay without an account. When you switch the country to France (where I reside), the form changes and becomes a mandatory account creation form. This must have changed recently.

Ah well, I've set up an account with Paypal. :roll:
Forum janitor — If you spot spam, PM me the URL and/or the username of the spammer.
I have powers, moderator powers. I am not keen on using them, but will do so if needed.