Problems with website

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
RAD-82

Problems with website

Postby RAD-82 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:45 pm

I know this section is meant for the game, but I don't know where to put this.

Since last Saturday, March 22nd, accessing this website, http://www.ftlgame.com, has been difficult. I often see this message when I try to visit the forums.

Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Sometimes I don't even get that message, just a default browser message about failing to load the page. As one of the many modders on this forum, this is quite inconvenient.
5thHorseman

Re: Problems with website

Postby 5thHorseman » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:34 am

Same here. I open each thread in a new tab, and it frequently happens to half the tabs while the other half open fine (after a longer delay than normal). Refreshing usually fixes it, though I sometimes have to refresh a few times.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
agigabyte

Postby agigabyte » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:11 pm

Same thought it was just me.
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:46 pm

It's been more than half of a day, and I haven't seen any problems. I hope it stays that way. :D
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:00 pm

This is an issue that pops up from time to time, something like once every few months the ftlgame.com domain becomes hideously slow. In the past the causes have been server maintenance and hardware failures on the server side and bandwith issues, so i'm guessing it's no different this time. Fortunately it's a hiccup and things move on, unfortunately it can make the website inaccesible or hard to reach for a few days.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:17 am

Problem seems to be back. I had lots of trouble getting this far to make this post. It seemed like the problem went away once that announcement for AE's release date was posted, and now it is back. It really seems to kill the forum activity, and with AE out now, lots of people probably aren't talking about things that they would like to.
Kieve

Postby Kieve » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:46 pm

RAD-82 wrote:Problem seems to be back. I had lots of trouble getting this far to make this post. It seemed like the problem went away once that announcement for AE's release date was posted, and now it is back. It really seems to kill the forum activity, and with AE out now, lots of people probably aren't talking about things that they would like to.

It's been nearly impossible for me to view the website at all, and when I do manage to get a page to load through the "Error 503," it loads in raw HTML without any kind of formatting at all.
Makes it real tough to try cleaning out the spammers right now... :x
Acceleratio

Postby Acceleratio » Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:51 pm

Glad to hear im not the only one with these issues
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:34 am

Since AE release the website was simply overloaded, and with it the forums as well.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
Matthew
Site Admin

Postby Matthew » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:22 pm

Sorry guys. We're working on it. But we've got a lot on our plates with this big launch.
Matthew Davis, Subset Games Developer - If you're looking for tech support, you'll get help faster emailing directly, contact info here